What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

nealbie

CF Legend
Alonso has spoken out about Mercedes' drivers and I'm starting to get the impression that the problems in 2007 were down to Hamilton's crap attitude.

Alonso said that he hopes the fight will be fair and that the best man wins. Cheeky bugger lol!

I'm really disappointed with Hamilton to be honest, chatting **** all the time. I was starting to warm to him after some great performances this season, but it's back to the old bollocks now. I found it funny when he claimed Nico used a higher engine setting in Bahrain without permission and then Niki Lauda turned round and said it was actually Lewis that did that in Spain. Just suggests to me that he's a little git who wants to play the victim. Shame, because besides being a twat he's a really quick driver! He's very lucky it's only Nico in the other car now and not Jenson, because we all know how quick Button is in the perfect car.

marc

CF Legend
Nico did use it in Bahrain though so lewis used it in Spain. They have always been told not to use it so both are wrong.

I am also upset with how lewis carried on over the weekend it was very childish. He should have just got on with it. It's always Monaco where he tends to go off on one lol. My respect for lewis as a person went 2 seasons ago. I still think he's the fastest guy in f1 and one of the best racers, but as a man he's not nice.

Would I did like though was lewis did not make a big deal out the fact he could not see out his left eye for 6 laps. He just brushed it off where as Mansell would have blamed that for not winning lol.

Alonso has a short memory though. In 2006 he claimed Renualt were trying to stop him wining the championship so he did not take number 1 to mclaren. Also in Italy we said the fia were against him etc. 2007 alonso always said he had no problem with lewis just Ron so I think his comments have been taken out of content, plus he was one if the drivers that felt nico done that parking on purpose so I think he actually means lewis to win. Alonso and lewis actually get on really well now.

"Fernando Alonso has sensationally accused Renault of sabotaging his title campaign by making intentional errors during the Chinese Grand Prix. Alonso lost the lead in both Sunday's Shanghai race and the Drivers' Championship after Renault put the wrong tyres on his car during his first pit-stop and then compounded the error by bungling his second stop. And according to the Spaniard, the mistakes happened because Renault don't want him to retain the world title as he's leaving for McLaren at the end of this season. "They wanted us to finish second and third because they do not want me to take the number 'one' to a different team," he told Spanish newspaper AS. "They are not helping me as much as they could." The 25-year-old went on to claim that Renault are now only interested in the outcome of the Constructors' race. "Some [at Renault] are happy because we went past Ferrari in the team battle," he said. With two races to go, Renault have a one-point lead over Ferrari in the Constructors' Championship, while Alonso is second in the Drivers' standings because even though he has the same number of points as Michael Schumacher, the Ferrari driver has won more races this year."

In Spain and Bahrain they let nico change his strategy to give him a chance to catch and pass lewis, but in Monaco they never gave lewis the chance to out early. Yes it turns out it would not have worked but at least give him a chance.

This allowed to race thing is a bit fake as strategy is part of racing. Plus on two occasions this year they have favoured the driver in 2nd place by putting him on the better strategy for the end of the race.

Alonso would not have passed kimi in Spain if Ferrari operated the same way merc are.

I do think though the press are making more out of it than needed.

Nico though could have made that corner in quali, yes he would have been wide etc but he could have made it. He locked up worse in the race and made it as well. Also nico started the race with less fuel to make sure he got off the line better.

Nico had the better car setup all weekend you could see how much better he got his car. Nico was better than lewis last year at Monaco as well. Now we get to tracks where lewis was faster that nico last year. Yes Austria is not known and that to me looks like a nico track, but Canada, silverstone, hungry, spa, Germany are all lewis tracks.

Lewis though uses less fuel in a race which is going to benefit him in Canada. It's interesting that everyone kept on before the year started that lewis would never cope etc and he's actually one of the best on the grid.

Going to be interesting now to see if he keeps his head.

We took a hit in out fantasy teams though :( stupid bottas engine lol

marc

CF Legend
Well done to Neal getting a 1,2,3,4 and pole that should move cf back up the league.

I got a 1,2,3,9

marc

CF Legend
Lewis is doing a 2007 and making stupid mistakes and bad judgment calls.

If nico finishes ahead again tomorrow, which he should do as merc don't really let them race now, then I think it's near enough game over.

Lewis will need to win 8 races if nico finishes 2nd all the time.

Yes the two break downs have cost him, but lewis through away points in Austria and looks like he's done the same at silverstone.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ And all of a sudden with one gearbox failure, it changes.

It was a great race, the battle for 4th with Alonso & Vettel for those laps towards the end was pretty intense. Shame Button ran out of laps to catch Ricciardo.

marc

CF Legend
Yep very lucky tbh, cancels out the lewis break down in Australia.

Everyone keeps banging on about how nico is the more consistent driver etc. But lewis lost a load more points in Canada than the 4 he is now behind.

It's really closed up again and we have a battle :)

Was a very good race, really enjoyed it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
A moment to give credit to Massa for somehow avoiding Raikkonen's spinning Ferrari, quite possibly saved both of their lives.

And, for once, credit of Chilton for keeping his calm after talking a tyre to the helmet during the incident. Lol at him entering the pits under a red flag and nearly running down Charlie Whiting though.

Off to the test on Wednesday, hoping to see this Lotus running on 18 inch rims.

marc

CF Legend
What a car to test them on lol, let's hope they complete a lap.

Yep well done to Massa that would have been head on into the side of kimi.

Having seen the replay many times kimi is so lucky he did not badly hurt himself, he should have backed off.

Max is a lucky boy, a few inches lower it would have hit his head. It hit the side of the car above his head.

Enjoy the test, it was great last year just wish they would open up more of the track

Smithy

Strata Poster
Was there last year too with my sister, taking the girlfriend this time as she used to work over in Whittlebury so heard the old car's but never got to see them.

Got the pit-lane passes too just to get closer to the cars but hopefully it's a bit better organised this time round. Aye bit gutted they didn't open up a bit more of the track, or the grandstand by the new pit straight.

Hamilton and Vettel testing on the Wednesday which is awesome, shows the teams are taking it seriously too.

Aye idk why Kimi kept his foot in it when running that far off the track, and as for the tyre hitting Chilton I saw the damage on the bodywork but he said he was caught in the helmet too. Think it was just the rubber of the tyre though.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Smithy said:
Got the pit-lane passes too just to get closer to the cars but hopefully it's a bit better organised this time round

I have these for Germany in a few weeks time, on the Thursday prior to the race, I'm looking forward to the experience but I too fear it will be quite unorganised? How do they manage such an event? Do you have to queue outside the garage you wish to see? Or is it a bit of a free for all?

marc

CF Legend
Great near enough all the cars on the grid will be illegal come the next race unless they all agree to allow a type of suspension most are running.

It will probably affect merc the most.

It's probably rbr who have been complaining.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Colossus said:
Smithy said:
Got the pit-lane passes too just to get closer to the cars but hopefully it's a bit better organised this time round

I have these for Germany in a few weeks time, on the Thursday prior to the race, I'm looking forward to the experience but I too fear it will be quite unorganised? How do they manage such an event? Do you have to queue outside the garage you wish to see? Or is it a bit of a free for all?

Imagine it'd be different between testing and an actual raceday but from what the Silverstone one looked like from what I've seen it is a bit of a free for all, but you shouldn't feel rushed and have plenty of time to get close enough for pictures of the garage etc...

marc

CF Legend
Merc have admitted nico said that but it's been taken out of context, whatever really it was clear nico was trying to puncture the tyre in my view.

I now also think Monaco was done on purpose.

Out of order tbh today. He had every right to try the move but he should have backed off he was never getting pass.

There is talk he might get a race ban from merc but he won't.

Dan r is right up behind lewis now and tbh he is making vettel look very average which is what Neal and I have been saying for years now. Fast out front in the best car but average in not the best car and one that he has to drive round problems. Great job by Dan my driver of the year by miles tbh.

Smithy

Strata Poster
If the roles were reversed Hamilton wouldn't be racing for Mercedes next race at the bare minimum, Rosberg gets somewhat of a pass because he has a 'clean' history and a marketable face for the German team.

Utterly petulant child, he's as bad as Vettel when it comes to demanding people move out of his way, Hamilton and Alonso would rather drive round them than demand they move and it's why I'll never hold Vettel in the same regard.

Spot on about Ricciardo too, absolutely outstanding this season.

marc

CF Legend
Today has been such a sad day for f1.

Bianchi has been seriously hurt in the accident he had today and it really does not sound good for him. He's had one operation and was breathing by himself. Latest reports are he has bleeding on the brain and has been put into a coma now, no idea if this is true.

An ex f1 driver has been killed in a bike accident in Rome.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/29501069

Really not a great day.

The weekend started off with a shock of Vettel leaving rbr and alonso without a drive at the moment.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Well today is a awesome day. Glad to have Jenson back next season. Mag will learn a lot as a test driver under Button and Alonso.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Went on that fantasy F1 league the other day to check who won and had a notice that the FIA had been in touch and told him he wasn't allowed to keep running it because the names and car names are the intellectual property of the FIA lols

Can't remember who won though sorry someone can go check :(

McLaren have made the right decision, understand some people are complaining about Magnussen not getting a chance but if you're developing a brand new package you'll want Alonso and Button in the garage all day long. Give Button a year and then get Magnussen in next year.