What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

I disagree. And if Alonso can keep pushing as hard as he did today (hopefully with a mistake or two on Vettel's part), there's a small chance the title race could go on to the end. Off the top of my head, Malaysia, China, Canada, Valencia, Belgium and Japan were all good races. There's been a handful of processions (Monaco and Hungary once again continuing their traditions). Wheel-to-wheel racing has been great (Raikkonen vs Di Resta at Hockenheim comes to mind... People also getting brave in Eau Rouge regularly).

I think there's one thing we can all agree on. This season is miles better than 2011.

I've found it boring as its been so fake and far to easy to pass.

The 1st lap today was great and very good racing.

But it's just all about tyres and drs and for me I don't like it like that.

Fairly eventful race, strange to see Kimi up there! Well deserved as he is a strong driver.

Didn't like the Hamilton move at first but after ANOTHER cock-up from Mclaren today I'm glad he's going

UAE and European GPs were amazing this year. WHAT?

Also, Kimi needs to be on the podium more.
Edit: Instead of a badly remembered quote, have a video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buG3UP-1wIc[/youtube]

Kimi lessthanthree

That's all that needs to be said really. A win for him was long overdue.

Am I the only person that does not like this new track?

Yes it has a hill and changes but its just so bland.

I cannot put my finger on why I don't like it but I just find it rather basic after the 1st section.

I'm glad their back in the USA and just feel the track has been designed to show off how an f1 car can be fast. I cannot see much over taking taking place outside the DRS zone.

After that final practice session it looks like qualifying will be exciting. It will all come down to who can push the envelope & get turn 19 right without the tires letting loose. I guess it was hard for Pirelli to know how cold the track would be so far in advance, but I wish they had brought the softs.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Jerry. But F1 didn't want another tyre farce in America so played it safe.

You're not the only one, Marc. All the current drivers really don't like it. It's only the media and old people that love it. All this "uniqueness" surrounding turn 1 - it's almost as if everyone has forgotten the first two turns at the A1 Ring.

I can't wait for it to be over tbh. The only part of the track I like is the reverse "turn 8" (ref. Turkey) near the end.

Quali was rather dull tbh, their all just being careful.

I really hope they clear the other side of the track or its going to be stupid and cause an accident.

I don't know about being careful. The track heated up quickly after this morning's practice & is getting more rubber so no problems with grip, even though there were a few that still had trouble with turn 19. I like it better when they all have to do a few laps during each qualifying session rather than those 'one quick lap & back in the pit' sessions.

Changed my mind the track came alive when the race started. Great track for racing and it was a great race all the way through the field.

Nice to hear Marc. I thought it was a great race too, even though I never had a problem with the track itself. Next year should be great now that everyone knows the track better.
Now it comes down to the final race of the season again. Wonder if Alonso can pull it off or if Vettel will be the youngest three-timer & join Schumi & Fangio as the only 3peaters?

That was a FANTASTIC race for Americans wanting to watch F1. Overtaking only through DRS and tyre discrepancies. It was VERY exciting, don't get me wrong. Really REALLY fun to watch. It just wasn't F1.

The epitome of what a fake "push-to-pass" American style system it has become. Which upsets me.

Hopefully Fernando will strike next week. Ferrari have been building up their chances if it got to Brazil. And with the McLaren now a better race package than the Red Bull and Felipe back on form and Kimi in the mix - it really is a very likely possibility of Alonso winning and the Great Pretender finishing 5th. They've held out for Brazil, let's see what they've got. :)

F1 has been fake all year so I've just come to except now.

What's interesting is mclaren have cost lewis 85 points this year, would have made brazil even better.

Vettel will only lose this if he breaks down.

Alonso is the best driver out there, he does not require the best car to get the places he gets. Massa was fantastic today as well. I also think lewis has found his form again this year and has only lost out due to his team.

Vettel was poor this year and only came good when his car was the best. Even today that jink he done when lewis was passing was dangerous. But we all know vettel is a dirty driver anyway.

I think this year has proven that Vettel really isn't that much of a great driver. When his car was as good as the others, he wasn't getting a look in, but now the car is amazingly fasy (no doubt illegally) he's winning.

I don't dislike the guy at all (though I do dislike Red Bull), I just don't think he is as good as everyone makes out.

Needless to say I'm rooting for Nando next week!

I prefer the races where drivers can push and not worry about tyres going off.

Today lewis and vettel drove flat out as did loads of others, so much better than silly results Perez got this year.

nealbie said:
... The epitome of what a fake "push-to-pass" American style system it has become. Which upsets me.
Americans developed DRS? :? :?
It also upsets me & obviously Vettel as well (if you heard his radio transmission).

Sorry, but I have to disagree about Vettel. Last week driving from last (twice) to finish on the podium had as much to do with his driving skills as with the car. He's also consistently placed better than his teammate Webber, who's also no slouch.
Even if you don't agree that his records speak for themselves, do you really think Red Bull would have signed him if he wasn't one of the best drivers out there?