What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Pierre

Strata Poster
I commented on their Facebook post suggesting they may be making a straw clutch at the fact that when this coaster was originally manufactured, then yes, it was world record equalling at the time.

Problem is it never actually got built and it’s also a very desperate straw to clutch at.

Anyways it appears the thread I was part of has now been deleted and Flamingo Land have edited their Facebook post and it no longer claims to be world record equalling, just stomach churning 🤣

Supposed to be some sort of event coinciding with opening which is why tickets for that day only are £49 even if pre-booked 😬

Do we know if this coaster definitely only has 1 train? If so the queues are going to be abysmal, especially with Mingos ride ops running it

Definitely only got one train.

We finally found out what happened to the second one. Hopi Hari never made the last payment so Intamin kept the second train and then later sold it to Anka Park just before we bought the ride from MAPS.

From what I have heard though, the Turkish park has run into serious financial troubles so there is a chance that we can buy the second train from them by the end of this year. Nothing has been confirmed though so it could all be speculation.

sneakycoasters

Roller Poster
Definitely only got one train.

We finally found out what happened to the second one. Hopi Hari never made the last payment so Intamin kept the second train and then later sold it to Anka Park just before we bought the ride from MAPS.

From what I have heard though, the Turkish park has run into serious financial troubles so there is a chance that we can buy the second train from them by the end of this year. Nothing has been confirmed though so it could all be speculation.

Oh wow that's yet another interesting addition to the story of this ride. I cant say I have any hope of them getting a second train - Especially when they removed and stripped Kumalis second train ages ago. Kumali used to be a proper queue shifter on the few times I saw it running both trains.

Flamingo Land does make very strange and random decisions though so I guess its possible!

Coasterotter

Roller Poster
Source: https://www.flamingoland.co.uk/theme-park/thrill-rides/sik/

Flamingo Land has finally added "Sik" to their website. With this, they made typos about the height and drop stats and claim that the speed is 54mph (87kph) rather than the 52.8mph (85kph) stat that the other 10 Inversion B models have:

1656426868296.png
However, on a positive note, the new page on the ride does come with new angles of "Sik".
1656428804986.png
1656429084415.png

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Is that someone's finger in the first pic or a smudge on the lense? Really awful. I wonder what car crash the opening day will bring given how bad everything else has been so far.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I’m guessing 10’10” for height might also be a mistake… that’s shorter than most kiddie coasters!

At this point, I'm imagining they've done this on purpose to get people on social media talking. Much easier than doing any actual marketing.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I’m guessing 10’10” for height might also be a mistake… that’s shorter than most kiddie coasters!

The height is 33m not 3.3m - whoever has put that together has clearly seen it as 3.3m and converted it into feet and inches without questioning anyone 😅 same for the drop statistics.

opivy028

Mega Poster
The height is 33m not 3.3m - whoever has put that together has clearly seen it as 3.3m and converted it into feet and inches without questioning anyone 😅 same for the drop statistics.
If it’s 3.3m tall why even have steel supports, could just have Shaquille O’Neil standing with his arms stretched above his head and it would hold the lift hill up to the appropriate height.