What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Niles

Giga Poster
Yo bruv I gotz some pics yeah

A union jack design has been added to the walls of the station building as well as the train, while not what I would have gone for its better than a blank wall.
IMG_20220618_075227.jpg
IMG_20220618_075201.jpg
IMG_20220618_075054.jpg
IMG_20220618_075140.jpg

They also have added a ring for the photo opportunity of the rolls.
IMG_20220618_075113.jpg

Also a entrance way with what looks like a space for that Sik logo innit.
IMG_20220618_075021.jpg

Source

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
When I first saw the name, I was quite convinced it could not be much worse. But then I saw a Facebook post about the coaster, and realised that the addition of a hashtag somehow magnifies and elevates the awfulness to a level I could not even have imagined. Now I'm just grateful that a hashtag does not feature in the official name of the coaster, because I heavily suspect it could have been the case and was, at least at some point, briefly considered. Sik is, in the circumstances, fine. #Sik would have induced vomiting, and lots of it.

Nito

Roller Poster
Served a few people at work that were wearing Sik Silk stuff, and I get it now, they're 100% the park's target audience
I actually never heard of Siksilk before. I didn't realise it was a clothing brand before you mentioned it.
And oh yes! I see what you mean now 😄

Maybe they can push it even further now. How about a game stand for Tiktok dance battles, TV screens in the queue with Love Island and Sex on The Beach, and a VLOG booth to instantly share you #SIK stories of the coaster on social media?

Next up, a new rollercoaster element: the hashtag

Yeah ... not a fan 😁

But marketing and naming aside, the ride experience looks instantly better from Colossus because of the lap bars.
The grey and black colour combination is nice. But since the UK isn't exactly famous for its blue skies all year round, I'd prefer a bit of colour. Otherwise the ride just disappears when it gets a bit cloudy/rainy.

I like what they've done with the ride area. It looks like it's mostly gravel, but by adding a small area of shrubbery, and grass, water and stones at the end of the ride makes it feel very clean and tidy.
It's absolutly fine if you don't want to theme your ride. But this shows you can still make the it look nice without spending a ton of money. It's certainly more pleasant to look at than the concrete slab you see often.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah this thing is absolutely hideous to look at but at least people are saying it rides well. Not sure it's enough to convince me to drive 5 hours to get all the creds, but never say never.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
They have also mis-spelt the fashion brand (it's Sik Silk, not "Silk Silk"). My - cynical - guess is that they're doing it on purpose to attract more interactions to their social feeds.

They have also mis-spelt the fashion brand (it's Sik Silk, not "Silk Silk"). My - cynical - guess is that they're doing it on purpose to attract more interactions to their social feeds.
Yeah, I'm starting to think that too, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

It's not even as if its equalling a European record or Uk one. The only way this is record equalling is if its "most inversions on a roller coaster manufactured by Intamin"

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I can't believe the park are marketing it as having an equalling world record 10 inversions on their socials!!!

But you never know. Could be two cheeky cobra rolls in the station....
Alton Towers have responded to that to say “Why settle for 10 inversions when you can have 14? Just saying 😉

Spelling your business partner’s name wrong… that would be a very unusual play if intentional 🥴

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Alton Towers have responded to that to say “Why settle for 10 inversions when you can have 14? Just saying 😉

Spelling your business partner’s name wrong… that would be a very unusual play if intentional 🥴
Bit ironic from Alton Towers after Th13teen's marketing campaign lol

JoshC.

Strata Poster
They are claiming a world record for lap bar loops, allegedly.

If so, that is a little bit ironic considering when they announced Mumbo Jumbo, which at the time was the steepest drop on a coaster, they said the name was chosen as a direct reference to the "mumbo jumbo" claims other parks make (as Thorpe had just opened Saw, which of course had the steepest freefall drop on a coaster).

Obviously marketing teams and directions change over the course of 13 years, but something that made me smile.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Classic social media technique.

Intentionally say something incorrect so that people engage with the post more to point it out.

Or, they genuinely made a mistake with that Tweet.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
They are claiming a world record for lap bar loops, allegedly.
Extra tenner to attend on opening day.
Bah. I'm joining cp6 for parts of his UK tour this month and just so happens we are at FL that day. Now we have to pay and extra tenner. I mean yeah +1 but is it worth a tenner 😂