What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I'm hoping they'll do what the average planco player does and just smother it in foliage.

Edit: Great, now I want to play some Planco. I'm at work.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm hoping they'll do what the average planco player does and just smother it in foliage.

Edit: Great, now I want to play some Planco. I'm at work.
I can confirm that FL have entered into the CF Speed Build contest, and as such must keep theming to a minimum and make good use of landscaping instead... 🤣

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I’m unlikely to visit regardless, but the new colour scheme is so drab - on the photo of the lift hill being painted it looks like Intimidator 305 is getting the 'Filton'-treatment 😐

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I quite like it to be honest.

One question though, the grey supports, why are some black and some grey. Surely the grey isn't just an undercoat, they wouldn't bother with undercoating before black.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I'm not convinced that it isn't simply the way that the color looks at certain angles in the sun.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm not convinced that it isn't simply the way that the color looks at certain angles in the sun.
It's definitely possible, and was my initial thought, but you can see supports from the same angle that seem to be different shades. Still plausible though, maybe those darker ones are in a shaded area and the others aren't.

Those low supports after the rolls definitely look the same colour as the fence, anybody know what colour the fence is?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
This picture highlights the reasons behind my thinking... The lines point to what seem to be very different shades, despite being in a similar area. The circle highlights what seems to be an additional coat being applied (Could be wet paint, but that's a good old sized portion of wet paint, so it must be slow drying if so)

1646810817930.jpg

bdrizzyb

Roller Poster
I never expected there to be themeing for this coaster to be fair. I'm sure with a grey colour scheme and a name like Inversion, it wouldn't be hard to fit into the 'Metropolis area' where themeing is minimal anyway. Hero has an entrance sign, and wooden hut/station clad in steel factory flooring. Velocity has a weird shaped roof on the station. Yes Flamingo one fits this area, but it's hardly groundbreaking. For flamingoland on a whole, we get a nice station and queue entry sign.....that's it, not exactly themed......this new coaster doesn't have either!!!
In my opinion, the park has the usual light themes of an amusement park, similar to Six Flags, or cedar fair, the park is hardly a theme park! Although the zoo and pirate show stand out as themed additions!!

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
I never expected there to be themeing for this coaster to be fair. I'm sure with a grey colour scheme and a name like Inversion, it wouldn't be hard to fit into the 'Metropolis area' where themeing is minimal anyway. Hero has an entrance sign, and wooden hut/station clad in steel factory flooring. Velocity has a weird shaped roof on the station. Yes Flamingo one fits this area, but it's hardly groundbreaking. For flamingoland on a whole, we get a nice station and queue entry sign.....that's it, not exactly themed......this new coaster doesn't have either!!!
In my opinion, the park has the usual light themes of an amusement park, similar to Six Flags, or cedar fair, the park is hardly a theme park! Although the zoo and pirate show stand out as themed additions!!
But where else will all of the budget go . . .