What's new

Fårup Sommerland | Fønix | Vekoma | 2022

STMOE

Roller Poster
Now this is straw pulling at its most vigorous. It might be awhile, they've that Mack powered coaster and themed area coming in next year, which is turning out to be a fairly substantial project.
Djurs pre-covid had a coaster mentioned in their application for the municipality originally set for 2021 and 2023. And their equity pre-covid was approx 6 times bigger then Fårup. So it might be a couple of years down the line, but not unrealistic.

STMOE

Roller Poster
I thought Djurs was more akin to the Danish equivalent of Paultons, where they were mostly aimed at families with young kids?
From interviews and local articles they want a broad selection, which also is targeted at families with older children in their teens. They have a main focus on families at all ages, with a differentiated marketing. Not sure what the future holds.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I suppose we can move this to construction now, if it's official.

I've merged it with the other European Vekoma 2022 thread too.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
At least we can tell from that document that there won't be a splash effect, fountain, or pond interacting with the coaster. No staff toilets on site either. Probably no kiosks, seeing as there is no water supply.

STMOE

Roller Poster
By coincidence i spotted these trucks driving up north.
Could this be related to Farup?
My first thought was parts for a tilt coaster 2.0, but this could off course be something different as i'm no steel expert ☺
But the comparison to the tilt section, location of trucks and colour scheme seemed quite related.

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_164959.jpg
    IMG_20210619_164959.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20210619_165134.jpg
    IMG_20210619_165134.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 145

Psycoshark

Roller Poster
By coincidence i spotted these trucks driving up north.
Could this be related to Farup?
My first thought was parts for a tilt coaster 2.0, but this could off course be something different as i'm no steel expert ☺
But the comparison to the tilt section, location of trucks and colour scheme seemed quite related.
Look more like the structure of a large crane to me.

TobiasHH

Roller Poster
It appears the official name for the ride won't be "Woodland", that just seems to be the overall project name.
Some fotos were released today by Faarup, of number plates with different shortages of ride names and opening years.

For example
SVN 20 = Saven 2020
FLK 04 = Falken 2004
LNT 08 = Lynet 2008

Then theres the last picture with the shortage 'FNX 22'. So i am guessing the official name will be "Fønix' (Pheonix translated). Opening 2022

Attachments

• Faarup.jpg
    Faarup.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 72

Sweackzy

Roller Poster
It appears the official name for the ride won't be "Woodland", that just seems to be the overall project name.
Some fotos were released today by Faarup, of number plates with different shortages of ride names and opening years.

For example
SVN 20 = Saven 2020
FLK 04 = Falken 2004
LNT 08 = Lynet 2008

Then theres the last picture with the shortage 'FNX 22'. So i am guessing the official name will be "Fønix' (Pheonix translated). Opening 2022
It sounds like a park area, so maybe its a whole new area they are building.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, that looks alright!

Perfect really, I was eying up a Denmark trip next year. :D

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
This is indeed a historic day for Danish coaster enthusiasts!

Fønix Stats:

Height: 40 m
Length: 905 m
Top Speed: 95 km/h
Capacity: 900 guests per hour (2 trains of 16)

poster-15-web.png

teknisk_info_1_eng_ny_1.jpeg

info_teknisk_foenix_ny_eng_2.jpeg

teknisk_info_foenix_vogn_eng.jpeg

A great 'mini-site' has gone up with more details and images here:

Last edited:

Ries

Mega Poster
I was expecting something else, but this looks good. Fly through the station is excellent.
Long overdue trip back to Faarup must be done in '22.

I do feel like Vekoma copied Intamin here for some elements, instead the other way around...
Got a bit of a Kondaa vibe here and there.

Last edited: