What's new

Fårup Sommerland | Fønix | Vekoma | 2022

MatthijsFB15

Roller Poster

An Instagram post where Vekoma is refering to a big project for an European Customer.
Energylandia's mine train is the only confirmed 2022 European Vekoma. So what do you guys think? Which park is going for a large investment with a Vekoma coaster for 2022?

Last edited:

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Very interesting.

It would indeed make sense if it was for Energylandia's Tilt Coaster.
If not, it could also be for Efteling's 2022 coaster? - I know Intamin has been rumoured, but has it ever been confirmed?

I'd like to throw in Fårup Sommerland as well, just for ****s and giggles <3

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
View attachment 11085
Probably bull****. They are LIMs, what is this.
Is fake.
Very interesting.

It would indeed make sense if it was for Energylandia's Tilt Coaster.
If not, it could also be for Efteling's 2022 coaster? - I know Intamin has been rumoured, but has it ever been confirmed?

I'd like to throw in Fårup Sommerland as well, just for ****s and giggles <3
Efteling is not happening for the foreseeable. Haven't got the land yet and even if they did then the park have said with corona they don't have the money to follow through with those plans for a while.

Farup however maybe. I do believe this won't be Energylandia and something more unexpected/out of nowhere. Should be interesting.

Projektion

Mega Poster
That yellow mystery track is at the vekoma plant, it's in the lot they use to try/build the prototypes

eceeac50dc06f7bb948a7b80929cd859.png

Niles

Giga Poster
If Thorpe were to get a dive coaster of sorts as there next coaster, a Vekoma tilt with a lech layout is something I would want that I never knew I did till now.

However 2022 seems a bit optimistic for there next coaster, I think we’re looking at the heat death of the universe before there next one.

Ries

Mega Poster
Is fake.

Efteling is not happening for the foreseeable. Haven't got the land yet and even if they did then the park have said with corona they don't have the money to follow through with those plans for a while.

Farup however maybe. I do believe this won't be Energylandia and something more unexpected/out of nowhere. Should be interesting.

Just a small correction;
Efteling owns most of the land surrounding the current park since the '80. What they do not have right now, Is the right to build on it.
This year will be decided if the 2030 plans will get a green light. But they lost a lot of income during the covid lockdown/closed park. So Efteling decided not to build any new things yet.

Although the rumour goes, that Efteling already bought the Intamin. And it is stored somewhere close to the park.
With this information, I don't think a Vecoma will be the next coaster in Efteling.
I do like Intamin coasters, but a new Vecoma in Efteling would make me very happy.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Also I'm sick of Poland stealing all the Vekomas.

Stop complaining! It's not like Poland is "stealing" them from other parks, if you pay Vekoma they will make you a coaster. All other parks are just being cheap. If Energylandia can afford it why not? It's good that Energylandia is able to show the way in Vekomas! Without EL, we would all still see Vekoma for Boomerangs and SLCs. I have already low key homepark declared Energylandia, even if I live 1000km away. Just realised that I have been to Energylandia more than any other park during the last 3 years. You should too.

It's also the park that has changed the most between each visit, sometimes unrecognisably much.

Last edited: