What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I still think it would be a great rid whoever manufactures it, they both seem to have their pros and cons, such as the Vekoma one has bigger trains, which means better capacity. However, the Intamin one is probably going to be a smoother ride, so I think these will be both fantastic. Energylandia want to be one of the best parks in Europe, and I think they are starting to achieve that!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Wow. These both look incredible! Ignoring the trains and focusing on the layout I'd go for the Vekoma, genuinely looks like a world beater! So much for the 2017 Poland live...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Chris Brown said:
Wow. These both look incredible! Ignoring the trains and focusing on the layout I'd go for the Vekoma, genuinely looks like a world beater! So much for the 2017 Poland live...

Its the first time in a while that someone would choose a Vekoma over an Intamin...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Interesting approach by showing both competing bids. Very intrigued by the Vekoma design.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/EnergyLandia/videos/870147566420670/[/facebookpost]
[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/EnergyLandia/videos/870144399754320/[/facebookpost]

Comparing them, the layouts are similar, a main thing I noticed is that with the weird Immelmann/dive loop thing, you go through it a dive loop on the Intamin, and an Immelmann on the Vekoma. It is all very interesting...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I actually think I like the Vekoma more, however what ever is built out of these two, I'll be 100% visiting in 2018!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I think the Intamin one looks better personally. Check out the number of views on these two videos already though - this place obviously has a lot of followers which I guess explains the rapid expansion! :)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
While I love Intamin, I'm on the Vekoma train here as well (hah), the layout just flows better.
It's really neat how they show us both proposals as well!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Yeah, this is such an aggressive investment strategy, it's ridiculous. I love it.
Just to put this in perspective, this is what it looked like last time google maps checked (2013):
http://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ener ... 89!9m1!1b1

Has the attendance even been that high recently? Or is there just a load of cash floating about?

That's 10 creds now (counting thepowered coasters)! Must be one of the fastest to reach that landmark, and seems to be filled with some reasonably high quality stuff as well.
Or at least, better quality than Ankapark: http://rcdb.com/12017.htm
That's even more insane.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Either of those would be amazing! I keep putting off going here because they keep adding stuff every year but it's got to be worth a visit in 2018!

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Poland is just a haven for great Vekoma's apparently! The Intamin design has a stronger first half, but the second half doesn't really have a wowing moment other than the S Hump. Overall I prefer the Vekoma design... but both of these are just nuts. I would be extremely happy to see either of these happen. No matter which Energylandia is going to be one of my top destinations.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
With all these new Vekomas, it's getting me thinking if the woodie will be an RMC. After all, Vekoma is the company responsible for European RMCs.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I love how they've just made both proposal videos public. I'm assuming that they were meant purely for park management's eyes, so it would be interesting to see how Vekoma and Intamin feel about it, and whether permission was actually given. I don't think we've seen marketing like this before? Obviously, we've seen these kind of videos, but after the coaster has been decided on and announced.

As interested as I'd be to see how Vekoma would deal with a hyper, I think the Intamin looks better overall to be honest. I wouldn't complain about either one though.

Lofty

CF Legend
Cost? When you want a new car to get you from A to B, you don't automatically think of buying a Ferrari or Rolls Royce - this is the same idea.

Why buy one of the more expensive coaster on the market when you can buy a product from another manufacturer and get more for your money?

Dave

CF Legend
This will have to be on the visit list, especially when it's 45 mins from the airport, taxi ride there and back.