What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Snoo

The Legend
Press release of 17-08-2018
We regret to inform that one of our co-workers, colleagues and friends passed away due to
an accident that happened yesterday around 8:30 p.m.
Our employee, licensed maintenance technician, had an accident when he was trying to help
one of our Customers and fetch their mobile phone that fell out during a ride.
We would like to stress here that the users of the facility where the accident happened are
banned from using and carrying mobile phones and any other objects that may fall out during a ride
at all times. All belongings can be stored safely in lockers that have been ready for use from the very
first operation of the facility. The ban is presented in a clear and also visual form at the entrance to
the facility.
The amusement park cooperates with authorities conducting investigation of this incident.
We also declare that the safety of our Customers and staff is our utmost priority and confirm that the
facility posed no hazard to the people using it at the time of the accident, and that the facility is 100%
safe.
We ensure that we will spare no effort to honour our colleague and help his family in this
difficult time.

Are they blaming the rider for doing this? It seems they're passing the buck and not taking responsibility for their employee doing the wrong thing unless THAT was ok.. in which case they are just plain stupid.

In a release about a death, you don't blame the people. You blame the, pardon my french, ****ing idiot who decided to go in to grab a mobile phone in a restricted area they should not have been in unless cleared fully.

This is 1000000% the employee and possibly the parks fault. At most, you mention "Hey guys.. remember don't bring phones on!" but thats a one line blurb.. not 3/4 of the statement.

BAD look Energylandia.. BAD look.

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair, an accident like this is a strong message to reiterate the loose articles policy of any park. I'm not saying that them fully blaming the guest, and putting in 'licensed maintenance technician' to further hit it home is the right thing to do, but, it may help issues like this at the park in the future and make people think again?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
From what I see, the park is completely at fault. The employee was following the park's procedure. He did as he was told. Guests will always try to bring their phones on rides regardless of the park/its procedures in place. If Energylandia had a loose article ban, then they should know of the dangers of them to anyone on the ground. Blaming the guest was extremely inappropriate. That's one of the last groups you want to blame for something.

I hope the park will change its policies in light of this incident, and potentially brought to justice in court to make sure the proper changes are made.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think it is a mixture of the 3. The guest shouldn't have had the phone out in the first place, and should have been secured. The park shouldn't have been operating the ride when an employee was going to retrieve the article, and the employee should have noticed the placement of the train on the ride, to make sure the coast was clear as he went to retrieve the phone.

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
Hi, I'm new here.
When I heard about the accident on Friday in my lunch break, I was very shocked. I feel so sorry for his family and friends.

I was searching online for more information, but couldn't find anything. It seems like it was a tragic misjudgment, but you can't be sure until investigations are done. And that's my question, is the coaster operation right now?

I planned a trip there on 5th September and could cancel my hotel until the end of the week, if Hyperion is closed. Does anyone know if they still operate the ride right now?

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
So do we know if this is any good or not yet? Early reviews weren't overly positive.

Think I wait til you guys to report back from the live before I book the trip.

Hilte de Vries

Roller Poster
So do we know if this is any good or not yet? Early reviews weren't overly positive.

Think I wait til you guys to report back from the live before I book the trip.
It is a really fun ride! Is it worth the trip? I cannot tell you, but I am happy I visited this place! Got to ride it the first 3 days of operation including opening night. As well as days 1,5 week after it. I must say the second and third day were really the days it was running amazing. I have said earlier that it became jolty the last few days, but as far as I am conserned that problem should be fixed. So basing my review off of the best few rides on this, it is so much fun. I do not base my rankings on like this is so intense or such extreme lats. I base it off of how much fun the ride is, and this ride is one of those. Taking a solid ranking behind Kärnan and Taron and above rides like Helix, Wildfire, Lech Coaster, Expedition GeForce, etc.. Again if you think of it as a coaster that can have the extreme drop as EGF or the intensity like iSpeed, you will be disappointed, but for the pure brilliancy level of fun this provides I can totally recommend you go here, do not be put off by future projects, because it seems like you would be waiting extremely long before EL decides to slow down. I hope this gives all of you the proper impression of this ride before you get the chance to let it disappoint, I was just so happy and excited to ride it, and without any expectations, I came out absolutely loving this ride, the fun starts when you see it from miles away up until your last look :)

iac17

Mega Poster
I'm so hyped i'm going to try it either this or next week
BTW does anyone know a good way to get from krakow to the park?
i've already been there twice but this time the transport i previously used to reach the park AKA some polish friends with the car are not available
i know about the bus service but that will terminate this 31st but i would like to visit the park after the 2nd when the schools are open and the crowds should be smaller
but the fact that my mother is busy now trying to rent a a flat here in krakow is making the process of finding a free day harder and unpredictable
so i'm looking also for something other than the bus that EL offer

Hilte de Vries

Roller Poster
I'm so hyped i'm going to try it either this or next week
BTW does anyone know a good way to get from krakow to the park?
i've already been there twice but this time the transport i previously used to reach the park AKA some polish friends with the car are not available
i know about the bus service but that will terminate this 31st but i would like to visit the park after the 2nd when the schools are open and the crowds should be smaller
but the fact that my mother is busy now trying to rent a a flat here in krakow is making the process of finding a free day harder and unpredictable
so i'm looking also for something other than the bus that EL offer
As far as I know you will probably have to get a taxi or uber there then, but that will be quite a pricy one! :/

Matt N

CF Legend
We have another review:
A bit different to what everyone else seems to be saying about Hyperion, but I'm personally glad to see that Shawn likes it! I must admit I am a little surprised to see him put it above Lech, though, as that always seems to be the coaster people rave about with regards to Poland. Although I suppose Hyperion has only been open for a month...

Matt N

CF Legend
He says everything is great, so I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt.

I find out for myself in less than 2 weeks
I wouldn't personally say Shawn says everything is great, but these things are open to opinion, and I will admit that Shawn has a particularly positive outlook. I like to think that I do too!

Enjoy Poland!