What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Lofty

CF Legend
I agree - I remember when we were talking about Hyperion and it was lots more interesting :)
Because you add so much to a conversation, Will...

A couple of friends of mine have done it now and they've all said "It's fun", usually coaster speak for "It wasn't as good as I expected, but it's still good". I NEEEEED to ride it.

Will

Strata Poster
^
I'll admit that I didn't on this occasion, but my point still stands :)

For my part, I'm still looking forward to riding in a few weeks, but have adjusted my expectations based on earlier reviews. Still probably the most exciting new coaster I'll get this year :)

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Rode this three times today and it's brilliant. Loads of ejector on the first and last hills and the stengel dives crush your thighs if you're sat on the correct side.

My second ride was in the back and it rode like it had square wheels and jackhammered round the turns. Actually quite unpleasant and gave me a headache but the other two rides I had on it were beautiful.

Roll on Lech Coaster tomorrow!

Matt N

CF Legend
Rode this three times today and it's brilliant. Loads of ejector on the first and last hills and the stengel dives crush your thighs if you're sat on the correct side.

My second ride was in the back and it rode like it had square wheels and jackhammered round the turns. Actually quite unpleasant and gave me a headache but the other two rides I had on it were beautiful.

Roll on Lech Coaster tomorrow!
Wow! That's encouraging stuff indeed; thanks for sharing @Benenen!

Peet

Giga Poster
I got myself on Hyperion on Friday too, I must have been there at the same time as @Benenen. I absolutely loved it - it is like a wonderful cross between Shambhala and Flying Aces. My favourite seat is the back left where you really get thrown over the top and upside down on the dive drop. Relentless fun from start to finish, except for the "floater airtime hill" which is a bit of a waste of time.

Yeah it shudders a bit on the last few turns but honestly who cares? Not me.

Got 7 rides in, the queue time varied between 10 and 60 mins.

After careful consideration I am welcoming it in as my new #1.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
We must have done the same itinerary Peet, were you one of the British people I overheard while whoring Lech at about 7:30 on Saturday evening?

Interesting to see it go straight to your number one, I'm having a really tough time ranking it myself. In terms of hypers I don't think it tops Shambhala which I found longer, smoother and had a better first drop. But comparing Hyperion to stuff like Taron and Helix is murder, they're all just so good in different ways.

Bad luck on the 60 minute queue though, that must have been agony with the one train ops. I noticed while on the other side of the park that they added an extra train for a short while late morning then dropped it back down to one again. It's a shame because I found the operations and dispatch times around the rest of the park to be fantastic.

Peet

Giga Poster
were you one of the British people I overheard while whoring Lech at about 7:30 on Saturday evening?
No I actually went to Auschwitz on Saturday and did my Lech whoring on Sunday (got 17 in total).

I don't think it tops Shambhala
I love Shambhala but Hyperion is just bigger and badder. Less smooth of course, but I don't mind.

comparing Hyperion to stuff like Taron and Helix is murder, they're all just so good in different ways.
Yeah it's too hard, I've long considered Helix as basically =1, and it still is.

Bad luck on the 60 minute queue though, that must have been agony with the one train ops. I noticed while on the other side of the park that they added an extra train for a short while late morning then dropped it back down to one again.
Yeah we were at the front of the queue when they brought the 2nd train on which delayed us. Frustrating that they took it off again an hour or 2 later.

It's a shame because I found the operations and dispatch times around the rest of the park to be fantastic.
Agreed, this was a pleasant surprise! Especially Formula, running 2 trains all day.

One question I'd be interested to know the answer to is; Hyperion or Lech Coaster?
Lech is fantastic but Hyperion is just something else :).

JoshC.

Strata Poster
No I actually went to Auschwitz on Saturday and did my Lech whoring on Sunday (got 17 in total).

Ooooh, I probably saw you at some point at Legendia - overheard quite a few British people about! How you managed 17 on the intense beast that's Lech though I'll never know - we only managed a pitiful 4!

And to drag this vaguely back on topic - any other CFers preparing an Energylandia trip tomorrow? :p

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooooh, I probably saw you at some point at Legendia - overheard quite a few British people about! How you managed 17 on the intense beast that's Lech though I'll never know - we only managed a pitiful 4!

And to drag this vaguely back on topic - any other CFers preparing an Energylandia trip tomorrow? :p
What did you think to Lech, out of interest? Also, have you ridden Hyperion yet?

Brilliant stuff so far; thanks guys! I'm interested to see how the CF Live group receives it at the weekend!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
What did you think to Lech, out of interest? Also, have you ridden Hyperion yet?

Brilliant stuff so far; thanks guys! I'm interested to see how the CF Live group receives it at the weekend!

Lech was great. Very intense. Too intense arguably..
---
Rode Hyperion yesterday. It's great, but not top-class in my opinion.

Funnily enough, after my first ride - which was the first train of the day, on back right - my exact reaction was:

A couple of friends of mine have done it now and they've all said "It's fun", usually coaster speak for "It wasn't as good as I expected, but it's still good". I NEEEEED to ride it.

I rode it two more times in the afternoon (once in row 2, and again in the back), and wow, it's a different beast. The airtime really chucks you round and makes you thankful that Polish staff are taught to really staple you into your seats. It whips round the turns really quickly. It's just, generally, very good. The back is rattly, and does detract from the experience, but nothing major in my opinion.

The park are onto a winner with this. It's the headliner the park needs right now. It looks intimidating, packs a punch and is great fun all round.

Few other things:
-I never saw the queue longer than 20 minutes, but I noticed at one point it was on two trains around lunchtime. It did go down to one later, and back to two for the end of the day. Operations were great though!
-Have people on front row always had to wear goggles? Never knew of this beforehand?
-On my first ride, I got SOAKED by the splash. I was literally the only person to get wet, but I got properly drenched. My other rides were fine and I never saw anyone get as wet as me, so I dunno if it was just an unlucky go.

The batching process is weird. There's 4 batching rows, confusingly labelled 1, 2, 3, 3. These lead to doors which open to the station area. Row 1 lets 4 people in at a time and is for front row. Row 2 is for 'individuals' and lets in 8 at a time. The two row 3s let in 8 at a time each. When waiting at the doors, Doors 1 and 3 open, so people find their rows. Once everyone has found a seat, Door 2 opens and the 8 people fill up the gaps. Very weird system, poorly explained (the explanation is at the front of the batching area, which can't be seen when there's people there!), yet was sorta working? Just keep in mind!

Anyways, tl;dr - Hyperion is great. Reckon most will enjoy it. Go ride it if you can.

Matt N

CF Legend
Lech was great. Very intense. Too intense arguably..
---
Rode Hyperion yesterday. It's great, but not top-class in my opinion.

Funnily enough, after my first ride - which was the first train of the day, on back right - my exact reaction was:

I rode it two more times in the afternoon (once in row 2, and again in the back), and wow, it's a different beast. The airtime really chucks you round and makes you thankful that Polish staff are taught to really staple you into your seats. It whips round the turns really quickly. It's just, generally, very good. The back is rattly, and does detract from the experience, but nothing major in my opinion.

The park are onto a winner with this. It's the headliner the park needs right now. It looks intimidating, packs a punch and is great fun all round.

Few other things:
-I never saw the queue longer than 20 minutes, but I noticed at one point it was on two trains around lunchtime. It did go down to one later, and back to two for the end of the day. Operations were great though!
-Have people on front row always had to wear goggles? Never knew of this beforehand?
-On my first ride, I got SOAKED by the splash. I was literally the only person to get wet, but I got properly drenched. My other rides were fine and I never saw anyone get as wet as me, so I dunno if it was just an unlucky go.

The batching process is weird. There's 4 batching rows, confusingly labelled 1, 2, 3, 3. These lead to doors which open to the station area. Row 1 lets 4 people in at a time and is for front row. Row 2 is for 'individuals' and lets in 8 at a time. The two row 3s let in 8 at a time each. When waiting at the doors, Doors 1 and 3 open, so people find their rows. Once everyone has found a seat, Door 2 opens and the 8 people fill up the gaps. Very weird system, poorly explained (the explanation is at the front of the batching area, which can't be seen when there's people there!), yet was sorta working? Just keep in mind!

Anyways, tl;dr - Hyperion is great. Reckon most will enjoy it. Go ride it if you can.
Thanks for the review @JoshC!

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but has anyone from the CF Live group ridden it yet? If so, what did you guys think?