What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Snoo

The Legend
4 across? Did I miss that memo? Well I do like those newer restraints. Should be sexy as hell.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't know why I can't see the bottom 9 images, but once they do the clearence test, will they test the ride properly? Probably tomorrow?
It might take them a little longer to do the clearance test - it's a pretty slow process as they're winching the train inch-by-inch along the track. That said, I don't recall ever seeing how long one actually takes. Does anyone have any idea of a typical duration?

You're right though, hopefully once they've finished the pull-through they'll be nearly ready to test properly. As we say all the time though, there's lots of work to be done with the wiring and sensor calibration and stuff once the physical structure is done. A lot of this stuff doesn't actually manifest visibly, so progress seems to slow down.

Peet

Giga Poster
4 across? Did I miss that memo? Well I do like those newer restraints. Should be sexy as hell.
Yeh we found that out back in November, it will be great on the edge overhanging the track slightly, although it will mean slightly shorter trains and therefore less back row whip over the top.
The restraints look the same as Flying Aces which are great.
I can't wait to see how this thing looks in action!

Pear

Strata Poster
Take this with a grain of salt but we might not be seeing this open for a few more months

Screenshot_20180611-225858_Facebook.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I thought they did the pull through on Kingda Ka in one day and night? And why do Intamin do these tests? You don't see B&M winching a small clearence car around the ride do you?

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
That famous coaster, Kingdom Ka.

You don't know what's held them up on this, though. There's evidence of the track being slightly abrased in areas, so there's a slightly potential that they've been working on these as the they're doing the pull through.

It's not just Intamin that do them, but, a lot of the time the reason they're done is for the clearance envelope when the supports/theming structures come extremely close to the track/ride envelope.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
At times, I almost wonder why they don't just send the car around full-speed and see if it comes back to the station without any dents in the envelope. Would be a bad idea for a plethora of reasons, but it'd save a lot of time!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's not just Intamin that do them, but, a lot of the time the reason they're done is for the clearance envelope when the supports/theming structures come extremely close to the track/ride envelope.
To add to this - I think there's a whole bunch of reasons that they do pull-throughs. Although almost all of this is based off educated guesses.

1. Envelope/clearance testing.
2. Chassis testing - To make sure everything has been assembled properly in terms of track joints and stuff. This might be even more important with a new train design.
3. Local regulations - This might be the reason we don't see clearance tests as often. Maybe there's something locally that means they're required to do the tests.

They may appear to be going slowly, @ATI, and you compare their progress to Kingda Ka, but with KK they do only have to winch up and over the top. With this, they've got to move an awful lot more distance along the ground, and cover much more track length.