What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

balrog

Mega Poster
A great way. I thought that you might get a slight pop of airtime then it'll divert to hangtime/positive G straight away. But you're literally going to get a bucket load of airtime then really cool laterals before the positive G's kick in. Hopefully. It looks fantastic.
I' not sure about wjat you mean.
Hangtime being negative g, you don't really divert from air to hang but transition from one to another seamlessmy. I don't see much hangtime happening here though, as tje track dives down as soon as it twists.

Lofty

CF Legend
The front will absolutely have a little hang to it as the train will lost slight momentum as it crests the top of that hill. The back on the other hand won't. Even Icon has similar forces in the front/back on the Immelmann.

Lofty

CF Legend
If we can take anything from their water coaster, this is going to stand in this state for another 10 or so months...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
On another note, Energylandia's water park expansion is opening tomorrow, doubling its initial size:-
Video taken from their Facebook page.

I can't even keep track of their expansions at this point. What is this parks projected visitor numbers? From what I can remember, these are all their current projects:-
  • Hyperion
  • RMC Woodie
  • Vekoma Water Coaster
  • Tilt Coaster
  • Mine Train Coaster
  • Hotels
Is there anything I've missed?

To conclude my post, here is the map of the park currently:-
polska_MAPA_ULOTKA_SKLADANA_12XDL_MULTILANG_PL18.jpg

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Wait, hang on a second... they got a waterpark as well?! What?! They must have a lot of money kicking around, because very few parks have 11 roller coasters (along with another 3 in planning/under construction) and a fully operational water park that's being expanded before they even turn 5 years old! This place is scary, in the best possible way!

Marnit

Roller Poster
In part it's being funded by the european union.

Which makes me wonder if energylandia is starting to get an unfair competetive advantage to other european parks due to it...

At least poland isn't too expensive of a place to visit, so I may want to hit it up one day... :)

Ethan

Strata Poster
I mean, I guess they're at an advantage in terms of financial investment, but the park itself looks absolutely vanilla and lacking in much character. So although they might have tonnes of new rides, I can't imagine it would affect many other parks in the foreseeable future. Could be wrong though of course.

Lofty

CF Legend
Not to mention the fact that they can put in all the rides they want, but their primary core market is still domestic tourists. Do you really think that flocks of British tourists (for example) are going to travel to that area just to go to Energylandia? Compared to say PortAventura etc?

mesjarch

Roller Poster
Hi, I was lurking here for some time and I finally decided to sign up.

I see that there are some problems with understanding how Energylandia can make all this stuff so fast. So I'll try to make few things clear.
1) Energylandia when it was build went for EU funding, because it was pretty much a totally new type of investment in Poland and in region that isn't too wealthy. I think they got around 75 milion PLN from EU and it was around 50% of the whole project ( pretty much everything from start of the project till end of 2016 ).
2) They had grown very fast and had over 1 milion visitors in 2016 and 1.2-1.3 milion vistors in 2017.
3) No EU funding for investments in 2017 and 2018. It's all done with their own money ( and probably bank credits ). Polish Government is not funding anything in this Park.
4) About those new rollercoasters that are planned, they managed to get some EU funds for those but those are just 20-25% of total cost of those a rides. They pay the rest from their cash and since all projects are done by Vekoma, all the money will return to companies in EU.
5) Energylandia so far has used around 40 hectares, but they bought more land and they now have around 130 hectares to use.
6) They usually have problems with opening new attractions with finished themes. For example Anaconda and Jungle Adventure are mostly bare so far but they will do it in next few years, like they did with other attractions. They made some rookie mistakes but they hope to improve thematisation in upcoming years.
7) Energylandia is building everything so fast because they want to make sure that people in Poland will go there to spend their time instead of other places. They are probably afraid of Park of Poland construction near Warsaw. While PoP is building huge Water Park ( something like Tropical Islands or WUND water Parks in Germany but bigger ) first, they also have over 300 hectares of land available and they plan to start building theme park before their Water Park opens next year.

Not to mention the fact that they can put in all the rides they want, but their primary core market is still domestic tourists. Do you really think that flocks of British tourists (for example) are going to travel to that area just to go to Energylandia? Compared to say PortAventura etc?

Well Energylandia is very close to Krakow, where lots of British people like to come for a weekend ( cheap airplane tickets etc. ) It's just I don't think that people actually know about this

Lofty

CF Legend
^ My point was that people from overseas aren't going to travel to the area JUST for this, they just wouldn't. Energylandia is not a destination for international tourism in the likes of Spain, France, UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Germany etc., that say PortAventura, Efteling or even Phantasialand are? :)

Matt N

CF Legend
So the EU initially funded Energylandia but have now stopped funding them... interesting. Also, with Energylandia's reported visitor numbers, and depending on whether Hyperion has a big impact or not, I personally reckon we might see Energylandia as a new addition to the EMEA top 20 in the TEA Theme Index within the next couple of years, if not in 2018's Theme Index!

peep

CF Legend
Welcome to the forums mesjarch and thanks for such an informative post.

5) Energylandia so far has used around 40 hectares, but they bought more land and they now have around 130 hectares to use.

That's an insane amount of expansion space.

I think the plan to try and capitalise on Krakow's tourist business is a good idea but I'm pretty sure that's what Rainbow Magicland tried with Rome and it hasn't quite gone as well as hoped? (I could be wrong but their ambitious plans still haven't materialised and all additions since opening have been cheap)

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
Great to see the trains made it on-site. Hopefully we get to see them take to the course soon. Very excited to give this one a spin next summer.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't know why I can't see the bottom 9 images, but once they do the clearence test, will they test the ride properly? Probably tomorrow?