What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Let's see... you go down the first drop and enter an immelmann where you turn to the right, then a 0G roll where you turn to the right, into an helix where you turn to the right, into a hill where you start a curve that turns to the right...

Anyway, I love the coaster. Lots of detail and what looks to be a really powerful helix. Also, I like that track color more and more everytime I see it. It's so elegant!

ThomVD

Giga Poster
The track is done!!

144563_real.jpg

Source: http://www.vijfzintuigen.nl/forum/136/24466.161

Also, a new episode of the making of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQbxXO5ytqM

Old news really :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster
34538_blow.jpg

I found this photo which makes me a bit sad. This is how the area used to look before Joris, Vliegende Hollander and Baron came along...

Ethan

Strata Poster
Someone posted that on vijfzintuigen last night! It does make me a little sad but Baron should be fab!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
That is a little sad, but I think overall it's for the better. I don't think Efteling is in danger of loosing it's natural park, green feel any time soon.

How close you're going to be to that sexy bit of track <3

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
ThomVD said:
34538_blow.jpg

I found this photo which makes me a bit sad. This is how the area used to look before Joris, Vliegende Hollander and Baron came along...

That does look stunning but what does it look like now? I've never been to Efteling :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
The thing is, there's nothing fugly or out of place been added? All of the ride structures are in muted colours and made of 'natural' materials (or made to appear so) so it's not jarring. It's progress. And Efteling still has a tranquil lake area, so it works.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^^ I can't find a photo from that angle, but I can make one the next time I'm in the park. This is the closest I found:

ab699b4c1610874e18ce59f6b66f3e26.jpg

^ Yeah, don't get me wrong, I adore the area as it is now and Baron will only make it better. It's very lively, with awesome rides, amazing theming of different styles that perfectly compliment each other, and nothing looks out of place. As someone who grew up with Efteling, I just sometimes miss how dense the park used to be, and how every ride was completely hidden away. They've still managed to keep most of the traditional atmosphere and I think the park only improved, so I wouldn't want to go back. An example is the pardoes promenade. This is how it used to look:

9802_gallery.jpg

And how it looks now:

lichtsnoeren.jpg

I love the new one, but there was just something about the old path that I miss. The way how it's hidden underneath the trees, making it feel like walking through a forest. Similarly how Pegasus was hidden by all the trees that surrounded it, and thd only way of seeing it was over the lake.

Anyway, I digress. Despite nostalgia, I think Baron will be a brilliant addition to the park and I couldn't be more excited.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
The first wheel has been placed. It's most likely going to be spinning when a train is on the lifthill.

CCead2wWAAAizvd.jpg

Photo is from Vijfzintuigen.

Lofty

CF Legend
It looks like it will do basing that off the clear mechanical system it had when you could see it properly - HOPING IT DOES.

Sneaky

Roller Poster
It's just the spokes that are going to turn, not the complete wheel.

In this picture you can see the separate parts of the wheels, the spokes and the outer rim.
145876_real.jpg

Source: Jeroen_Twee via vijfzintuigen.nl

The outer rim is just over half round, with the ends made flat, as can be seen in this picture:
145242_forum.jpg

Source: Sjiebert via vijfzintuigen.nl

The outer rims are just going to be mounted to the green wheel housing, and the spokes are going to spin inside them (there are already electric motors connected to the hubs of the spokes.

Kebab

Giga Poster
This is looking really nice! Theming reminds me of Tower of Terror at Gold Reef City, another beautiful looking Vertical Drop coaster.

Seriously need to take a trip down to Efteling.

Hutch

Strata Poster
My only little complaint is that the supports are the exact same color as the track. The color itself looks great, but I'd rather have the supports be black or some other color. That being said, looks like a fantastic addition to the park.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
And here are some photos from De Vijf Zintuigen that have been going around on Facebook.

11074823_10153199968288965_3508674687792780126_o.jpg

11201137_10153199968343965_5468326658707448074_o.jpg

11125267_10153199968333965_491815162052279048_o.jpg

I can't think of many coasters I've seen with the amount of detail as this one. More amazing than I could have hoped for. Can't wait to ride this in a month or two <3