What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

Smithy

Strata Poster
I'm so glad we don't get banned for enthusiasm in this place because that looks **** beautiful.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
It had its first test rides yesterday! They have also been testing today. Here are a couple of vids:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fv8pXiBEdk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va8MK7YCNtA[/youtube]

I really hope it will run as fast even when the holding brakes are on!

Dar

Hyper Poster
Looks like it opens on the 1st July!
Loopings said:
Seven and a half weeks. Then we can first take a ride in Baron 1898 Efteling's newest attraction. The spectacular vrijevalachtbaan is currently scheduled to open on Wednesday, July 1st, 2015, report different sources Looopings.

That is exactly five years after George and the Dragon wooden coaster was inaugurated. In the days given for the official opening Efteling staff, journalists, guests and award winners a foretaste of the Baron. Efteling has the exact opening date of the dive coaster always kept secret until now. Did mention a poster on a German tourism fair in March 1898 already that Baron would be open "from July 2015" . "We naturally strive for an opening in the early summer" , responded a spokeswoman at the time. The next few weeks are used for making test runs, the adjustment of the track and the programming of the show effects in the station building. They want at all costs to prevent the attraction is not yet completely finished as the first visitors step inside. The first ride took place last Friday. Also this weekend there is plenty tested. Many workers do not celebrate Mother's Day, even on Sundays the train flew several times through the course.
Loopings

S

SimonSays99

Be prepared that the park will be packed as July starts the main school holiday season. I guess lines with such a quite low capacity coaster will be quite insane.

And as with Rougarou my only "complaint" is: When will B&M update their looper cars/trains to lapbar-only?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
SimonSays99 said:
Be prepared that the park will be packed as July starts the main school holiday season. I guess lines with such a quite low capacity coaster will be quite insane.

And as with Rougarou my only "complaint" is: When will B&M update their looper cars/trains to lapbar-only?

Where would a lapbar go on a Floorless coaster? Why is this even a complaint given the relative quality of the B&M OTSRs in the first place?

CJH21

Roller Poster
Are you joking me? A lapbar on a floorless coaster would simply be over head lap bars such as sky rush. Not exactly difficult, though B&M OTSR are fine.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Skyrush has to have wider trains due to the bar coming down one side though. Plus Skyrush isn't the most comfortable coaster so they'd have to design a different approach to it.

I quite like the B&M OTSRs anyway :)

S

SimonSays99

Or like the lapbar-like restraints on Blue Fire or Helix.

And B&M OTSRs might be okay as long as the coaster is new. But I have ridden some older B&M sitdown coasters were you get "hot ears".

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah B&M is one of the rare times I'm actually A OK with OTSRs they're so comfy and you barely touch em, that said lap bar only on a diving coaster would be awesome.

I like there is no pause at top on this one, I bet it will make the drop feel quite intense.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
ThomVD said:
^ It will have a holding brake, they just turned it off for testing :)

Darn, I thought that was a really cool feature!
Anyway I'm glad to see these divers really starting to do stuff now, even the longer ones like Sheikra and Griffon seem to kill all the momentum and feel so uneven...Baron seems to have a nice flowing layout to it.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Some really great testing footage!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtvwix453HE[/youtube]

I really like how quickly it goes into the 'holding' position. I hope it does this when open. I also think it has fairly good pacing through the elements.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
As usual, the music is great. I've heard that it gets darker and creepier the further you get in the queue. Very excited to see it all.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Just want to share this video. It doesn't show anything new (well, except for smoke!), but it sums up the entire thing quite well. It turned out amazing, and I can't wait to ride it later this month.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDzA0Ryo2A[/youtube]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
What can be said - this is a very well put together little coaster. I am especially a fan of the turning wheels on the top, such a fun touch on the theming.