What's new

Dreamland Margate News

Martyn B said:
This thing is like Trigger's broom!

Hahahaha that's amazing.

I'm counting it because I never rode it in the first place ;)

I also really appreciate what Ian says. I haven't seen any advertising for it but are they actually advertising it as 'newest woodie in Britian'? I'm not sure how much was damaged and how much is being rebuilt, but I thought it was a lot. At the end of the day it is oldest originally but with it opening again I can't help but think they're going to try and sell it to the public as being 'new'. I agree that it'll be bad news for British wood if it is marketed as being the newest, but in a way, it sort of is.

Is this actually going to have much, if any, of an advertising budget anyway?

I'm sure when the park fully opens, they'll have some sort of advertising going around.

Well, you'd like to think so anyway...

I can't be arsed to look but the guy who's the Operations Director is Alexis Camelin, the ex Pleasurewood Hills director that improved the park in recent years. I've worked with him on their Halloween event and he's such a dedicated individual to whatever project he's involved in. I'm really looking forward to what he brings to the table for this project.

Dreamland have tweeted that winds last night have caused some minor damage to the structure of the Scenic Railway. Nothing major thankfully and contractors are confident the project will not face 'major setbacks'.

Whether this means there is likely to be a small setback I just don't know.

Dreamland have recently purchased several rides from the defunct Sofia Land in Bulgaria. One of those ride is a Wacky Worm. That's two coaster to look forward to.

RCDB link: http://rcdb.com/1949.htm#

I've always wanted to ride a 'Mary Rose' style ride. It's a ride I remember seeing on Only Fools and Horses so it sticks well in my mind. Having said that they do look vile...but I'd try it once.

^ They're actually really good fun, and surprisingly tall!

If I'm right in thinking, that Mary Rose has been in the UK for a long, long time. It's done time at Pleasurewood Hills, Loudoun Castle, Dreamland and now Lightwater.

So have to visit this park! And as they get a Weber Traumboot - one of my fav inverting rides. I prefer it much over the HUSS Ranger as the Traumboot cabin is rather tall and I am being taller too fit in nicely while on a Ranger its like a headstand with my full bodyweight as the cabin is barely tall enough for me.

And a Looping Star? A Schwarzkopf Looping Star? Please no damn Pinfari ZL which are often and falsely named "Looping Star"!!! There were rumors for two years that Slagharen is thinking about selling their Thunderloop. It was reported last year on freizeitpark-news.de but the webmaster had to remove to newsitem on request from Slagharen...

Martyn B said:
^ They're actually really good fun, and surprisingly tall!

If I'm right in thinking, that Mary Rose has been in the UK for a long, long time. It's done time at Pleasurewood Hills, Loudoun Castle, Dreamland and now Lightwater.

And Camelot and Pleasure Island.

When is Scenic Railway actually opening? I thought I had heard next month...it's getting quite close to this now so was wondering if anything had been confirmed.

Also, will there be a live when it does open?

IIRC, it's planned to open late spring/summer, and it will be the only ride opening this year, with the rest of the park opening next year.

I read that a while back though, plans could well have changed by now.

And remember guys, they're going for genuine heritage rides, looping coasters and inverting ships are probably too modern (even though Ian did mention about a Big Apple coaster!lol)

I hate to be 'that guy' but there is a provisional opening date for Dreamland but I can't say. Sorry.

The park will open with a selection of attractions soon. And yes, there will be a CF-Live.