What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

Interestingly enough, Don Helbig told members of KICentral.com during a work site tour that they would not be doing a pull through for Diamondback.

The coaster does not come in close proximity to any surrounding environment, so a pull through wouldn't be necessary.

In the latest Diamondback blog update, Don reported that the splashdown pool will be filled today and testing of the second train has commenced.

Hopefully we can soon see some pictures of the splashdown in action!

Hyde244 said:
Kings Island supplied CoasterForce with a recent picture of Diamondback's test running.

This picture especially shows off the snake design on the zero car.

Diamondback%20022709%20199.jpg

Don't you love how there is just one random free seat?

That car is sexy.

They haven't put the decals on the nose yet, but it looks just as cool. So what's the third train color? I only know green and red.

^ Grey, which I am looking forward to the most.

I don't know what the under color will be (first train was green, second train was red), but I would imagine yellow a good complementary color.

EDIT: The splashdown pool is now filled.

Picture%201-1.png

Picture%203-1.png

That is fantastic. This ride is going to be the best one of '09 I reckon. It looks soo brilliant.

I think I just peed.

That splashdown is going to look amazing in the height of summer with a really blue sky. That's much more impressive that I thought it would be actually.

I bet you can feel the slowing down due to the water on this ride, probably more than the Dive Machines. In the front row I think you'd be able to.

^ Not necessarily. If anything, the Diamondback trains weight more, meaning you would feel it more on a Dive Machine than a Hyper.

Uncle Arly said:
Are they having rocks dotted around the pool, like in the concept art?
Nope, that was nothing more than concept art.

^ I don't think a couple faux rocks will make or break the ride.

Anyways, there still is the creek feeding into the splashdown pool. :p

Also, in the latest Diamondback blog entry, the third train has begun its test runs.

Just imagine how nice the white water will look against the blue sky. Rooster tail? Hells yeah!

I wonder when there will be a video of the splashdown.