What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCHY8IUuBD0[/youtube]

Video says it all. This was filmed pre water in pond though.

I love videos like that where there's absolutely no sound but the coaster. I don't want commentary, music, or people screaming. That's a great look at the coaster and one I'd really love to ride. Behemoth was amazing... I hope this will be just as good.

Now if only they would leave the MCBR off as in that video! :razz:

If you're looking for a new desktop wallpaper, consider Diamondback.

Diamondbackfinalhelix.jpg

Here are some screenshots I was able to grab from today's testing.

I have more taken, but due to some bogus computer error, only three pictures will show.

Big splashdown!

Bigsplash%21.png

Chilling out on the brake run.

chillininthebrakerun.png

After watching the testing for 20 minutes, Kings Island decided to call it a day at 5:50 and put Diamondback to bed.

Bedtime.png

The end!

I'm sitll unsure on B&M's new seating arrangements.. Maybe when I ride one i'll change my mind but they seem a bit too like the Giant Vekoma Boomerangs where on the outside you're cut off from the world.

^I think they would actually be pretty sweet, epically on the outside seats.
So what if your cut of, your so exposed in those open cars. It'd be pretty sick.

After watching the testing for 20 minutes
Someones obsessed!

F.A.S.T. said:
Someones obsessed!
After having studied for 8 hours straight over the weekend, I needed a desperate break and sadly webcam watching was apart of it. :razz:

I'm sitll unsure on B&M's new seating arrangements.. Maybe when I ride one i'll change my mind but they seem a bit too like the Giant Vekoma Boomerangs where on the outside you're cut off from the world.

Everyone had doubts about these trains at first, but I think myself and almost everyone on here who has ridden Behemoth can attest to the fact that they're on par with, if not better than the regular B&M trains? The outer ones give you a great feeling of being out in the open which is scary being at those heights as you can imagine, and the inner seats don't have obstructed views; what isn't there to like?!

Personally I think this is going to be the best coaster of its type out there. I think it seems to have more variety than Nitro and Behemoth and overall I think it just looks better. Better layout, better atmosphere, you get the drift.

Some more pictures sent from Kings Island.

DB%20Test%20Runs%20031709%20054.jpg

The last row of seats seems to be getting a good drenching in this shot!
DB%20Test%20Runs%20031709%20153.jpg

This looks fantastic. One question though, when is this going to open? I am going with the school for after prom but they say that they are going April 23 and that seems so early to me. I cant get on the websites and it is really starting to piss me off, that is why I am asking in this. Instead of making a new topic altoghter.

^ Well I don't think they're ugly, so suck it.

The back rows look like they might get a mist, but I can't see it being a full-blown drenching.