What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

The layout has been completed.

Picture1-14.png

Picture6-7.png

Picture5-6.png

You'll also notice that we are kind of in the middle of a blizzard right now. :razz:

Blizzard?

*looks out of window, where 80 centimeters of snow fell in 48 hours*

The trees are practically snow-free. After a real blizzard, like I know you have over there too, they are all silvery grey from snow.

But I have to say, this coaster looks good. Not as in "OMG Airtime!", but as in "Ohh, this will be my next desktop background". Just waiting for the leaves to sprout on the trees, and the sky turn blue, then someone with a good camera should be able to take some pretty good pics of this. It has to be one of the most photogenic coasters ever built, and I strongly wish for a "most beautiful coaster" category in the Airtime Awards.

^ haha, well it has amounted to 2 feet over the past 12 hours, and we have an ice storm coming later this afternoon so we literally will not be able to exit our house by tonight. :razz:

I'm surprised there was no hooplah over mounting the final piece, or the traditional flying of the American flag on the final piece. :lol:

And how many classes did you have to attend today Marcus?

Two very easy classes, thank you very much. On the plus side, I don't have to make up my classes like yourself. :p

Also on the plus side, I still have yet to move from my bed. :razz:

If Snoo graduates and Hyde doesn't cause all his classes got cancelled and he stayed in bed all day, I'm sorry, I'll have to laugh :p

Why can we not get snow like that in the uk :( and why can we not get a coaster like that :( uk fails on all accounts.

If it goes as good as it looks its probably going to be everyones favorite.

Wow!

That is much closer than I thought it would be. That's going to be pretty intimidating standing underneath it.

Mind you, it should gie some great camera angles too! :lol:

Looks like there will be supports to be hugged for this ride.

It looks very nice. Again, still not too fond of the trains, but I don't know how it will ride. I hope I get to ride it, though.

How come they didn't have to build loads of netting and stuff underneath the track like they do in other places where track goes over paths?

^Chances are they'll be installed later. As long as they keep driving under the track, the net would only be in the way, and be weather-damaged before the ride even opens. But I think they'll be in place long before it opens.

Pokey's right on the money.
Netting is the final step in the construction process, as it usually interferes with the last bit of tracking (sensor placement & wiring) and themeing.