What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

Silver Star isn't worth the queue time, frankly, I've been to Europa Park on two occasions, and was never impressed with it, but boy did it rattle a lot at the trough of the first drop this year, it was pretty bumpy.

No, those people just have the decency to have actually ridden them. Which for some reason bothers the first set of people...

One comment I'll make is about sitting in the back. Going over the crest is pure ejector. It takes you by surprise to tell you the truth. Ask PLCP, he was sitting next to me.

Diamondback%20012009%20082.jpg

Diamondback%20012009%20121.jpg

And the rest....
http://www.kidiamondback.com/public/lat ... nstruction

Just 11 more pieces of track left to be installed.

That helix looks delicious.

^I agree about that one that is at way too much of an angle, but the other ones, I like.

^I would guess that the back would be the better spot on the ride. Since the MCBR drops out, unlike Behemoth, there will probably be a good dose(for Beemers at least) of airtime in the back while exiting the brake run. You'd also have that extra whip at the top of the lift.

^ I thought the back was always the better spot. :wink:

I dunno, I think it has enough hills. Behemoth has five, and that's thought of as the best B&M hyper by a fair few people. If you're concerned about airtime, do remember the drop will have some, as will coming off the MCBR, off the helixes, into the final brakes etc. depending on where in the train you are. One of my favorite spots on Behemoth was dropping off the second helix in the back.

Personally, this is exciting me more than Behemoth because it seems to have a few extra features, like the water splash, cool woodland setting, path interaction etc. And that pic is YUM.

The thing I find most intriguing is the whip around up into the MCBR. This one also reminds me of the one on GASM at SFGAdv, but I know it won't kill the ride (it's not followed by a batwing & a double corkscrew). Personally I like the way you feel like you're being flung out of the car or that the train will fly off the track, but this one looks like it will be a less painful experience. :)
I can't wait until I get to ride this baby. Bring on the Live!

No, this ride cannot have any airtime, it's a B&M. By my definition (which is the only one that matters) B&M airtime is actually non-existent and therefore you will feel regular forces at all time of the ride, regardless of what you think you're feeling.

^lol.. really?

I'm excited to ride this tbh, just to see if it will live up to the hype I hear about Behemoth.. or will it die another crappy death like all other B&M Hypers? :p

Ultimate Poaster said:
No, this ride cannot have any airtime, it's a B&M. By my definition (which is the only one that matters) B&M airtime is actually non-existent and therefore you will feel regular forces at all time of the ride, regardless of what you think you're feeling.

I see what you did there

Slash said:
Ultimate Poaster said:

I see what you did there
What who did there? That is the question. :?

I have deduced ECG that they are both from Conneticut and they both hate B&Ms. So my thought is... UC is indeed right! EVIL TWIN ALERT!

I don't think a 5th hill is a deal breaker for Diamondback.

One hill will not be the difference between success or failure for the coaster.

Given the hilly terrain of the coaster, a good deal more time and money would be required to adapt the landscape even further, something which may not be worth such small an extension on the coaster's layout as a single hill.

I'm sure the coaster will be perfectly fine. :razz:

I'm actually glad it's more twisted though. This way they don't try to make it a huge out and back coaster with plenty of weightless hills, but nothing else. At least this has a few helixes and some other cool elements. It doesn't look to be another Raging Bull, but at least it's not a B&M version of Steel Force(not force wise, but layout wise).