What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

Wow!

Diamondback%20121608%20041.jpg

Diamondback%20121608%20040.jpg

The official websie posted a some new pictures. Very nice headchopper there. That pullout looks like the best part of the ride so far.

^ B & M's couldn't be called "intense". You must like positive g's. This ride should have some. As you know, airtime is a negative g and that is a force too. This coaster should have some of those also.

^^Not really.

B&Ms are designed to have perfect floater over the hills, ie. Zero-G. Coincidently Intamin rides often have negative Gs.

This isn't liked by some enthusiasts, but it is more of an opinion thing.

While you guys bitch and argue about what forces are and aren't on the ride, I'll be riding the damn coaster and having a fun time. :razz:

^I wasn't arguing. :shock:

I'm sad to be tarred with that brush! It was clearly more factual. I passed no opinion.

:lol:

Only kidding. :p

Haha, it was directed to everyone in general.

Specifics aside, it is going to be a fun coaster.

UC said:
^Jake - you're aware that apart from the TPR trippers (that seem to latch on to a single opinion like lemmings) - most people DO agree that Behemoth doesn't really have forces all that different from other B&M hypers?

CP6 said:
There is ejector (yes, ejector-- not strong floater) through the first 4 hills to the midcourse

http://www.coasterforce.com/behemoth

Wow. That was a difficult and long search I had to do to find my first person that shows your 'theory' is bull-****.

Of course, I've explained the reason to you before, but you refused to listen, so why it would be different now, I don't know...

UC said:
^Jake - you're aware that apart from the TPR trippers (that seem to latch on to a single opinion like lemmings) - most people DO agree that Behemoth doesn't really have forces all that different from other B&M hypers?

Uh... from the *three* B&M hypers i've ridden, Behemoth is by a fair distance the most forcefull. It's a lot more intense than Nitro and Apollo's.

Besides, as I recall, rides like S:RoS SFNE, Kawasemi/Piraten, and T-Express/El Toro sit higher in the MH polls than Behemoth does...

So? I never compared it to Toro or S:RoS.

Well done for pointing that out though! :D Now, what colour is the tablecloth?

Where did I say it had ejector? I just said that it was more forceful than Apollo's and Nitro. Something you can't even comment on because you haven't ridden Behemoth.

Again, you're twisting what people say to add more weight to your own, pathetic argument/life.

UC said:
(Note to CP6 - merely demonstrating that going by one person's viewpoint here is ridiculous).

Including yours? So be quiet?

And I've explained to you that the rides are designed to a precise specification of which Behemoth is no exception.

Sorry, Ben, still not buying it. You and your pre-decided lemming opinions can take a hike.

That's because despite the fact I've actually before proven the SCIENCE - the actual PHYSICS behind it, you still don't want to listen - primarily because it proved you and your pre-decided opinion wrong. Mine isn't a 'lemming' opinion. And you know what? At least I've had the decency to ride the coaster before shouting off my so-called 'pre-decided' opinion (a term which can apply to only one opinion in this topic - yours).

Again, you guys can stop with the mass-formed opinions, and start opening your eyes to the world around you. Thanks :).

You know what's REALLY ironic. REALLY ironic? You going on about how our opinions don't sit with the rest of Hawker's poll... and THEN you say it's mass-formed...?

And I really don't buy all this 'blame it on TPR' crap you're spewing. Have you actually got ANY evidence on this? At all? Other than the fact we happened to ride it on a TPR trip...? Are you THAT desperate to come up with ANY reason the people who have been on the coaster could be wrong compared to the person who was sat at home... not riding it.

Although, I'm pretty sure Ben is just angry about something else...so I guess I should expect it from him...

I still don't get this 'Ben has a problem' attitude - it's really clutching at straws and pathetic. Especially for then you to get all high and mighty against 'personal insults'. *sigh*

PS., you're not allowed to post a load of crap and then go "OK, lets go back on topic, children" in some weird attempt not to get called out on that previously mentioned crap.

^^ TPR had nothing to do with it. Remember, I rode all 3 hypers on the trip. Thus comparing the 3 coasters is unbiased (or equally biased)... either way it's fair.

I was quick to 'jump' to defence because you were making silly comments like 'Dimondback is going to be forceless', without riding it's sister Behemoth, which is far from forceless. After all, you're the one who used to go on about how you have to have ridden a lot of coasters before you can comment on them - a trait you seem to have dropped now an increasing number of members have become better travelled than yourself.

Yes, back on topic. I hope the trains arrive soon! :D

I swear, you two are sitting back to back on different computers or something...haha.

Now, which two American members does that remind me of?
I think one was black, and the other played Baseball, or something like that... :?

To stay on topic... The coaster looks pretty decent.
Hurrah.

I went through kidney problems and , like, never pissedmyself as much as thisl, lool.

**** you ll.

Mike said:
I swear, you two are sitting back to back on different computers or something...haha.

Now, which two American members does that remind me of?
I think one was black, and the other played Baseball, or something like that... :?

HALF Black?

Jesus.. get your facts straight.

I just wanted this to be a Merry Christmas but you all keep yelling!

Also there's been more picture updates, construction is progressing with the back hammerhead turn.

Diamondback-122208-009.jpg

Diamondback%20121808%20032.jpg

Diamondback%20121808%20031.jpg

Here we go again...

I'll just say that IF this is going to be anything like Behemoth(I don't see why not, they're sister coasters*), then it will be comparable to La Ronde's Goliath. That wasn't forceless at all.

*I say this because of similar layouts and trains

UC; what's your words per minute?

^155.

:lol:

I do think this will be good.. and we will see if it will compare to my favorite hyper atm, Goliath at SFoG, at 13th in my count.