What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

^ Luckily Beast's queue won't be disturbed.

Here's a snapshot of the area before Diamondback's construction.

Picture3-4.png

Notice the area that has been cleared for Diamondback's final helix, including the patch of trees previously mentioned.

misc_Helix_wide.jpg

^This is Cedar Fair we're talking about. They're great at destroying charm in theme parks. Just look at Knotts!

Shockwave said:
^This is Cedar Fair we're talking about. They're great at destroying charm in theme parks. Just look at Knotts!

And Michigan's Adventure, and Cedar Point...

I'm liking the drop and layout. I'm still not thrilled on the train design. But hey, I've only riden one B&M hyper so I can't say much.

slash1994 said:
Why can't I live in america :(. Looks SOOOO sexy. .

snap! haha why isnt there a huge b & m hyper in the uk? the should be at least one its a discrace..flamingoland.. put the park on the map and get one of these monsters built!! please lol ...

moving to texas in 2010 anyway so havent realy got that long to wait till i move to the coaster country of the world!!! wihooooooooooo :D

8) :--D

MULLY said:
slash1994 said:

snap! haha why isnt there a huge b & m hyper in the uk? the should be at least one its a discrace..flamingoland.. put the park on the map and get one of these monsters built!! please lol ...

*facepalm*

Also, Error, I had the same worries about the trains before Behemoth. Trust me when I say this, when you try them out, you will want every B&M Hyper... no, every coaster... to have these trains. They are the best trains out there IMO.

MULLY said:
slash1994 said:

moving to texas in 2010 anyway so havent realy got that long to wait till i move to the coaster country of the world!!! wihooooooooooo :D

8) :--D

As im not as harsh on Ben, i'll tell you why they don't build them like this in the UK. It's simple:
1. planning permission is hard to get

2. our country is a bunch of moaners and people would complain about the noise

3. Coasters cost more to build here than the US.

4. We don't have as bigger parks as the Americans due to shortage in space.

Hope texas suits you well!

Here's another overview shot taken from the webcam.

You can see now why yellow supports where chosen for the first lift, in order to make the coaster really stand out from afar.

Picture5-3.png

Well.. even with the trees and ground color.. bright yellow and a deep red will still stand out over the horizon.

Of course, this could be all black and still stand out, simply because of the height.

^That's true, but I doubt other colors would stand out as much as those, unless they were neon colors, or close to it.

It's coming along, slowly but surely.

Anyone want to go ice skating on the splashdown lake?

I'm really liking the red and yellow colours now. It makes the lift hill really stand out. Although I never thought it would work with the rest of the coaster, it does.

You beat me to my own response Snoo! :razz:

Outside of winter, that first hill will still really stand out in KI's skyline, red and yellow against a blue sky.

^ Alright fine.

While driving past Kings Island two weeks ago for Thanksgiving break, before the snow fall, the lift hill was certainly a great visual (at that point just above half the way done).

Obviously anything that big that big is noticeable. But the color usage helps make the coaster very visually appealing.

Bottomline, the coaster looked great, still looks great, and I'm sure it will be a great addition to the KI skyline come next season.

Ride Construction Diamondback

Looks very goood on animations.

How tall is it?