What's new

Confessions on a Coaster Forum

ultradude306

Roller Poster
One of the rides in my top 5 coasters is a TOGO standup... jSkyrider at Canada's Wonderland... Hey, it's actually pretty darn forceful!... better than alot of the coasters at that park :)

I have had some enjoyable, and pretty powerful /g-force filled rides on SLCs... and while I understand why they get such a bad rap, the ones I've been on are nowhere near as bad as what people say... The arrow loopers located at the same parks as the SLCs deserve that kind of hate... not the SLCs.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
[quote="2012Jarrett*My favorite WDW park is Epcot.
There! I said it! Hate me for it![/quote]

I have not heard of an enthusiast that didnt like EPCOT. Even Magic Kingdom wishes it could be EPCOT.

My confession: I live in Orlando and I only got to a theme park 4 or 5 times a year.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
TilySlo said:
5. Grand National on the other hand was AWFUL and definitely the worst coaster I've ever ridden (yeah, even worse than Prater's Volare and Infusion)

No no no no no no no!! Nash rules!!

anyway -

1 - I don't mind boomerangs
2 - I've yet to ride a go gator
3 - I love Thorpe Park

Hobbes

Mega Poster
I've actually got a major one.

When I was at Cedar Point, despite visiting for multiple days, I voluntarily skipped TTD.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
. I think Oblivion is a far better ride than Nemesis
. I would possibly say Drop Towers are better than Coasters
. I think Drayton Manor is actually rather brilliant
. I think Terror of the Towers is easily the worst maze at Scarefest
. I find Swarm to be ridiculously forceful

Hmmm controversial!

Darren B

Giga Poster
-The Big One is the best coaster in the UK.
-I love Volare's.
-I hate Disney (yes I've been).
-I like Flamingoland.
-The Ultimate is crap.
-The Grand National is also crap.
-I enjoy SLC's
-Furius Baco is amazing!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Hobbes said:

When I was at Cedar Point, despite visiting for multiple days, I voluntarily skipped TTD.
Not the only one! First time I went we skipped it since the line was too long for, what we thought would be, a 17-second mix of a painful launch, head banging (always hated the looks of the turn up the tower), and shear terror. When I finally rode it this July (after being dragged on it after I had every cred there but that one), well, let the top 10 in my sig do the talking. ;) But you aren't the only one here to be intimidated by it! That thing is scary!

(This is actually my most embarrassing confession here yet!)

Hobbes

Mega Poster
2012Jarrett said:
Hobbes said:

Not the only one! First time I went we skipped it since the line was too long for, what we thought would be, a 17-second mix of a painful launch, head banging (always hated the looks of the turn up the tower), and shear terror. When I finally rode it this July (after being dragged on it after I had every cred there but that one), well, let the top 10 in my sig do the talking. ;) But you aren't the only one here to be intimidated by it! That thing is scary!

(This is actually my most embarrassing confession here yet!)
I wasn't intimidated by it in that sense. I basically skipped it for 3 reasons:
1. Massive line
2. The short ride time. A queue that big just didn't seem worth a 17 second ride.
3. I was with my dad, and he did not want to go on it regardless, and I didn't enjoy riding alone (at least at that point in my life)

Cedar Point was basically the trip that turned me into an enthusiast, so looking back I'm incredibly disappointed I didn't get to ride it. I did ride KK this summer, which made up for it slightly. Not riding is still probably my biggest regret though.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
- I thought Infusion was great and one of the best coasters at BPB.
- I thought Eurosat was pretty uninteresting and painful.
- Wodan is one of my favourite coasters.
- I'm really impatient with queuing - I will rarely wait any more than about 45 minutes for anything.
- I like Chessington.
- I thought Revenge Of The Mummy at Universal Orlando was quite underwhelming.
- I thought WDW's Magic Kingdom park was pretty dull - my least favourite of the four Disney parks there.
- I find costumed characters really awkward, I always dread that one will approach me.
- I would nearly always rather visit a park with few good rides but great theming (or an interesting setting) than a park with great rides but no theming.
- I don't particularly enjoy going to parks with other enthusiasts. :lol: I'd rather go with family or non-enthusiast friends.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
-I enjoyed Six Flags America, and rank it above all of the Disney parks I've been to.
-I found SFA's employees to be very nice.
-I did not like Magic kingdom and Disney land.
-Boomerangs are fun
-I prefer Kings Dominion over Busch Gardens Williamsburg(hate the parks layout too!
-I like the Hurler@Kings Dominion

DelPiero

Strata Poster
1: I'm yet to ride a good woodie, closest ones to my top ten are lightning racer and blue streak.
2: I didn't think TTD was that good
3: I was extremely embarrassed riding jr Gemini

therick311

Mega Poster
I'm a GCI fanboy.
My two favorite coasters are Prowler and American Thunder.
When I step off a non-GCI wood coaster I almost always say, "That would be better with Millennium Flyers." (Except for Outlaw Run)

nadroJ

CF Legend
CPSFMMCW said:
-I enjoyed Six Flags America, and rank it above all of the Disney parks I've been to.
-I found SFA's employees to be very nice.
-I did not like Magic kingdom and Disney land.
-Boomerangs are fun
-I prefer Kings Dominion over Busch Gardens Williamsburg(hate the parks layout too!
-I like the Hurler@Kings Dominion

I hate you haha XD Kings Dominion was hands down the worst park I've ever been to, with Hurler being the worst coaster I've ever ridden!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
- I do not like Plopsaland De Panne at all. I do refuse to go there, eventhough they do great jobs.
- I am in love with Droomvlucht at Efteling and think this is the best dark-ride ever.
- I always say I hate getting wet on water rides, but actually I am disappointed when I get out dry.
- I prefer Walibi Belgium above any Belgian and Dutch park, even Efteling and Toverland.
- I used to collect everything from Six Flags Belgium/Walibi Belgium, such as napkins, cups, receipts, beakers,...
- I am always happy to hear that Bobbejaanland had a crappy season, again!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
KristofWB said:
- I am always happy to hear that Bobbejaanland had a crappy season, again!

Huh! that's so mean. I absolutely loved Bobbejaanland, such an awesome park. With the exception of a couple rides, Walibi Belgium can go to hell as far as i'm concerned. (Sorry if i offended :) )