Confessions on a Coaster Forum

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
nc3i4rjpg_zpsc785ed1f.jpg

l8jgtxjpg_zps0ddb0822.jpg

THEY'RE ON MY BUCKET LIST! cool)

Hobbes

Mega Poster
^^Not going to CP isn't a confession, it's just a fact. You're far from the only one here who hasn't been, and it's not as amazing as it seems.

To add onto my own confession list...I liked Hydra

DelPiero

Strata Poster
delpiero1982 said:
1: [strike]I'm yet to ride a good woodie, closest ones to my top ten are lightning racer and blue streak.[/strike]
2: I didn't think TTD was that good
3: I was extremely embarrassed riding jr Gemini

Ignore 1, White Lightning just shot in there.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
White Lightning is likely the second or third BEST coaster in the state of Florida, and by far the best woodie in the South!

Its short... but its fantastic, fast, smooth, airtime, great layout. Just an all around fun ride.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Got a few more I'd like to add...

*When I was 8, I freaked out in the queue for Rock 'n Roller Coaster because it was my first looping coaster and I was scared out of my mind but wanted to ride it too much. My family STILL gives me crap about it!
*Despite my fear of heights, I got on Drop Tower at Kings Island just to see Banshee being built...and knowing my luck it gets to the top and faces us out to the parking lot. -_-
*I'm genuinely worried that Intamin will go bankrupt in the next 10 years. :(
*Psyke Underground is on my bucket list.
*I have a genuine fear of haunted houses/horror mazes like at park haunts and such and avoid them at all costs.
*Many of you know that I'm going to school to be a mechanical engineer in hopes of working for a roller coaster manufacturer. I have a list of US manufacturers I want to work for in preferred order...and the order is completely based on where it's convenient to live. I have Gravity Group above S&S and Premier is at the bottom because I don't want to live in an area where I could be affected by hurricanes.
*I get genuinely angry when I hear GP rant and rave about how awesome Disney is. I mean it's fun,b ut at the end of the day, they're Vekomas. Quite the polished poop of the amusement industry imo.
*At BGW, I missed the BBW cred because I was with my parents and they didn't want to ride it and I was too scared to go off on my own in the park at the time...I was 13.
*I'm a hoarder with my amusement industry stuff. If I got it at a park, I do NOT throw it out. Park maps, receipts, shopping bags, that little card I got to reserve my on-ride photo on GateKeeper with the number on it, I hoard stuff. It's all in a large plastic tote in my bedroom closet.
*I have a deep, deep desire to one day take our Great Dane to Kings Island and just spend the whole day walking around the park holding a huge dog and getting strange looks.
*My grandma got me one of those roller coaster almanacs for Christmas last year (an out of date one, also) that listed stats for every roller coaster in North America. Just as a joke my mom started quizzing me on it and she was AMAZED at how much I could answer without the book. My grandma then picked the book up and slapped me with it because she felt like she had bought me something I didn't need. I';m THAT much of a nerd.
*I have only been to one Six Flags park.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
2012Jarrett said:

*When I was 8, I freaked out in the queue for Rock 'n Roller Coaster because it was my first looping coaster and I was scared out of my mind but wanted to ride it too much. My family STILL gives me crap about it!
*Despite my fear of heights, I got on Drop Tower at Kings Island just to see Banshee being built...and knowing my luck it gets to the top and faces us out to the parking lot. -_-
*I'm genuinely worried that Intamin will go bankrupt in the next 10 years. :(
*Psyke Underground is on my bucket list.
*I have a genuine fear of haunted houses/horror mazes like at park haunts and such and avoid them at all costs.
*Many of you know that I'm going to school to be a mechanical engineer in hopes of working for a roller coaster manufacturer. I have a list of US manufacturers I want to work for in preferred order...and the order is completely based on where it's convenient to live. I have Gravity Group above S&S and Premier is at the bottom because I don't want to live in an area where I could be affected by hurricanes.
*I get genuinely angry when I hear GP rant and rave about how awesome Disney is. I mean it's fun,b ut at the end of the day, they're Vekomas. Quite the polished poop of the amusement industry imo.
*At BGW, I missed the BBW cred because I was with my parents and they didn't want to ride it and I was too scared to go off on my own in the park at the time...I was 13.
*I'm a hoarder with my amusement industry stuff. If I got it at a park, I do NOT throw it out. Park maps, receipts, shopping bags, that little card I got to reserve my on-ride photo on GateKeeper with the number on it, I hoard stuff. It's all in a large plastic tote in my bedroom closet.
*I have a deep, deep desire to one day take our Great Dane to Kings Island and just spend the whole day walking around the park holding a huge dog and getting strange looks.
*My grandma got me one of those roller coaster almanacs for Christmas last year (an out of date one, also) that listed stats for every roller coaster in North America. Just as a joke my mom started quizzing me on it and she was AMAZED at how much I could answer without the book. My grandma then picked the book up and slapped me with it because she felt like she had bought me something I didn't need. I';m THAT much of a nerd.
*I have only been to one Six Flags park.

At least your family has the "cojones" to get on a roller coaster. Mine can even get on a ferris wheel. hahahaha :mrgreen:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
CookieCoasters said:
^ a little off topic, but what is White Lightning like. I haven't really heard any reviews on it.
I agree with Canobie, it's a great ride, easily the best woodie I've been on. It's up there for top coaster in Florida for me. When I get back home I'll be doing a full PTR so will go into it further.

Edward M

Strata Poster
2012Jarrett said:

I also want to be an engineer, but I don't know if I want to work at Coaster companies. It seems more like a thing I might try out of college and see if I like it.

2012Jarrett said:

I also do that. I hang up all my park maps on a billboard in my room. I also save shopping bags and receipts if they have a park or company name on it.

gforce

Roller Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpXkIvIJESI[/youtube]

Is better than

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkFQ0twe-Aw[/youtube]

and

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAOQBlDDC7M[/youtube]

and

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h__ogbOYic8[/youtube]

and

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKpz9_kXBOw[/youtube]

yeah...

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I've got a few more:

I like flamingo land.
I prefer Movie Park Germany to Hansa Park.
Oblivion is not in my top 10 coasters in the Uk.
Pleasure Island is one of my fav UK parks.
I hate Horror maze style rides.
I have never been on a ghost train.

Taxi

Mega Poster
Radaxian said:
I've been on Megaphobia, all the ones at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and Gwazi - so not that many wooden coasters really. I don't dislike them, just struggle to comprehend why many enthusiasts seem to favor them so much.

You need to ride a good one...

BBH

Giga Poster
Jason Voorhees said:
I prefer a day of laser tag to a roller coaster.
That's like saying "I prefer the taste of broccoli to that of Portillo's chocolate cake."

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
nadroJ said:
CPSFMMCW said:
-I enjoyed Six Flags America, and rank it above all of the Disney parks I've been to.
-I found SFA's employees to be very nice.
-I did not like Magic kingdom and Disney land.
-Boomerangs are fun
-I prefer Kings Dominion over Busch Gardens Williamsburg(hate the parks layout too!
-I like the Hurler@Kings Dominion

I hate you haha XD Kings Dominion was hands down the worst park I've ever been to, with Hurler being the worst coaster I've ever ridden!
Woa now be nice here...I don't go confessing things to be yelled at!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Furius Baco is my favourite coaster, I like the Ultimate and PMBO, and I am yet to visit Alton Towers in 2013 with no intention of changing that stat before the end of the season.

I'll grab my tin hat. ;)