What's new

CoasterForce’s Favourite Pennsylvania Rollercoasters

solarfall

Mega Poster
I wish I was more into the community before I moved away from Pittsburgh. I didn't really know about RF2 or Phoenix and I never made an attempt to visit Dorney, so I'm missing all of those unfortunately. Still, Phantom's Revenge is my most ridden roller coaster by far and I use it as a measuring stick for every other good coaster I ride.

1. Phantom's Revenge
2. Stormrunner
3. Skyrush
4. Steel Curtain
5. Great Bear
6. Fahrenheit
7. Comet (Hershey)
8. Thunderbolt
9. Jack Rabbit
10. Lightning Racer

Matt N

CF Legend
All right, guys; sorry for the delay, but I have finally calculated the results of this! And they're interesting, to say the least!

Overall, 17 members ranked 30 different roller coasters, and using a formula of mean ranking/amount of riders to calculate a final score, the top 10 the poll gave was as follows:
  1. Skyrush at Hersheypark (Intamin, 2012, Final Score 0.09375)
  2. Storm Runner at Hersheypark (Intamin, 2004, Final Score 0.2 recurring)
  3. Phoenix at Knoebels (PTC, 1985 (1948 original manufacture), Final Score 0.2295918367)
  4. Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood (Arrow/Morgan, 1990, Final Score 0.34)
  5. Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer (Gravity Group, 2008, Final Score 0.46)
  6. Great Bear at Hersheypark (B&M, 1998, Final Score 0.5976331361)
  7. Twister at Knoebels (John Fetterman, 1999, Final Score 0.61)
  8. Talon at Dorney Park (B&M, 2001, Final Score 0.6 recurring)
  9. Fahrenheit at Hersheypark (Intamin, 2008, Final Score 0.7)
  10. Lightning Racer at Hersheypark (GCI, 2000, Final Score 0.8367346939)
So, those are CF's top 10 Pennsylvanian rollercoasters! I don't know about you, but I thought the results were incredibly interesting!

For starters, Pennsylvania was the first country/state where the average opening year of a top 10 contender was before 2000; the mean opening year based on original manufacture date was 1996.8, or 1997, and even if you redo Phoenix to 1985 (opening date in current location) and Phantom's Revenge to 2001 (when the overhaul was done), the average opening year is still pretty old, at 2001.6 or 2002!

The Pennsylvania poll also had more woodies in the top 10 than any other poll I've done, with 2 in the top 5 and 4 in the top 10!

If you want to see my calculations, here's my spreadsheet:
If you're wondering why your list wasn't included @Howie, it's only because you confessed yourself that you haven't actually visited Pennsylvania, and your list was a wishlist as opposed to an actual ranking (that's why you might notice that I've only ever posted a list of my own in 2 of these polls...). You should hopefully be able to contribute to this month's poll, however!

Thanks for contributing, everybody; hope you had fun! This month, I'm working out CoasterForce's Favourite Dutch Rollercoasters, so head on over to that thread and have your say!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I reckon that's not a bad overall/average ranking. Nice!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Tagging in late, but mostly aligned with the rankings! (Though recognize Steel Curtain is still newer)

1SkyrushHersheypark
2Ravine Flyer IIWaldameer
3Storm RunnerHersheypark
4Steel CurtainKennywood
5Great BearHersheypark
6Phantom’s RevengeKennywood
7Lightning Racer (Thunder)Hersheypark
7Lightning Racer (Lightning)Hersheypark
8TalonDorney Park
9FahrenheitHersheypark
10WildcatHersheypark

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
@Hyde You should now have edit permission, if you wanted to add your list!
Dropped in my rankings!

EDIT - Sorry, couldn't help myself from adding in some more equation automation. With my new adds, didn't change anything in the Top 10. 😅

RankingCoasterFinal Score
1Skyrush0.0830449827
2Storm Runner0.1953125
3Phoenix0.2295918367
4Phantom's Revenge0.2809917355
5Ravine Flyer II0.3801652893
6Great Bear0.5153061224
7Talon0.54
8Fahrenheit0.5785123967
9Twister0.61
10Lightning Racer0.640625

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
Hi guys. Another month has passed by, and as such, I have a new poll for you all, if you’re willing to participate! For this month’s poll, I decided to stay within the USA, and I used a popular suggestion from the California topic; this month, I’m determining CoasterForce’s Favourite Pennnsylvania Rollercoasters!

I haven’t been to Pennsylvania, so I can’t contribute a list of my own to kick things off.

But if you have, and want to contribute, then post your lists down below; you have until 11:59pm on 31st July 2021 (coincidentally, my 18th birthday!) to post your lists if you want them to be counted in my final data compilation, so get posting if you want to influence those final results
1. Skyrush (my #1)
2. Storm Runner (Xcelerator East)
3. Candymonium (Down-sized Orion)
4. Fahrenheit (If Shellraiser and Kumba had a baby)
5. Phoenix (Kinda overrated imo but it's decent)
6. Great Bear (Decent Invert)
7. Comet (Smol Phoenix)
8. Hydra The Revenge (Wacky inversions, good but can ride a little rough sometimes)
9. Talon (Basically an Improved Batclone)
10. Impulse (Very Underrated)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Let's do it!

1. Skyrush, Hersheypark
2. Storm Runner, Hersheypark
3. Phantom's Revenge, Kennywood
4. Ravine Flyer II, Waldameer
5. Fahrenheit, Hersheypark
6. Talon, Dorney Park
7. Lightning Racer (Lightning), Hersheypark
8. Lightning Racer (Thunder), Hersheypark
9. Phoenix, Knoebels Amusement Park & Resort
10. Great Bear, Hersheypark

Was tough to place them after about #6 for me, although not ridden most of those since 2016 or earlier, so memory is not super strong.

giphy.gif

Woah nelly. Yes it's taken 6 months but not letting you get away with this one.