What's new

CoasterForce’s favourite German rollercoasters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. You might remember that back last July, I ran a poll asking you all for you favourite UK roller coasters (https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/coasterforces-favourite-uk-roller-coasters.44305/). A few weeks/months back, I remember @HeartlineCoaster asked me if I’d be up for bringing back the same idea, but for another country. Well, 8 months on, I’m bringing back the same methodology for another European country; Germany! This country is home to some really well-known and well-liked parks; for example, Phantasialand seems to be a real fan favourite here on CF, and Europa Park seems well liked, as well. The likes of Movie Park Germany, Heide Park and Hansa Park are also in Germany, as well as the many well-known smaller theme parks that Germany has to its name, so I thought it might be a fun country to do, as well as for the reason that quite a substantial proportion of our members have at very least been to Germany at some point. I’m also sensing that the winner here might be a little more up in the air than it was in the UK poll; even though there might seem to be an obvious candidate on the face of it (I’m looking at you, Taron...), I think Germany also has many other strongly revered coasters that might have enough appeal to take the top spot, so I’m intrigued to see where the results go with this one!

Unlike with the UK list, I unfortunately do not have a German list of my own to contribute, due to having not been to Germany.

If you’d like your own favourite German roller coasters to be included, though, I’m going to give you until 30th April 2021 at 11:59pm to get your lists in (I don’t really think there’s enough time left in March to consider the end of March the cutoff point...). If you want your list to be included, get posting your lists below! I look forward to seeing the results!

James F

Hyper Poster
1: Karnan
2: Taron
3: Wodan
4: Silver Star
5: Black Mamba
6: Blue Fire
7: Fluch von Novgorod
8: Nessie
9: Winja's
10: Euro Mir

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I've only ridden 23 German coasters, which is a bit sad. That number would have more than doubled, maybe even tripled, if Covid didn't happen last year :(

So here's a Top 5:

1. Taron
2. Black Mamba
3. Van Helsing's Factory
4. Colorado Adventure
5. K2

Matt N

CF Legend
I've only ridden 23 German coasters, which is a bit sad. That number would have more than doubled, maybe even tripled, if Covid didn't happen last year :(

So here's a Top 5:

1. Taron
2. Black Mamba
3. Van Helsing's Factory
4. Colorado Adventure
5. K2
Do you have a German top 10, out of interest? I’d only be intrigued to know because any German roller coaster I can include in the data will be of use to my calculations, so if you had an additional 5 coasters for me to add, then I would have an even wider pool of roller coasters to use.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Germany is the country where I've ridden the most coasters with 55 (17,9% of my total count) and is also featured a lot in my top 50, so my top 10 German coasters are probably the most relevant country top 10 list that I could make! I'm still missing a few of the main parks (most notably Heide Park and Hansa Park), but here goes;

1. Taron, Phantasialand
2. Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park
3. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
4. Karacho, Tripsdrill
5. Silver Star, Europa Park
6. Wodan Timbur Coaster, Europa Park
7. blue fire Megacoaster, Europa Park
8. Van Helsing's Factory, Movie Park Germany
9. Winjas (I rank both sides as one), Phantasialand
10. Olympia Looping, Oktoberfest

Will

Strata Poster
These are always fun :) For what it's worth, I think I have 56 operational German creds, but I'm too lazy to check if that's up to date.

I've also got the issue of only having ridden Karnan in HORRID weather and only having one ride on Colossos (while rather sleep deprived and after being plied with free champagne)

1. Colossos
2. Black Mamba
3. Wodan
4. Expedition Ge Force
5. Blue Fire
6. Fluch von Novgorod
7. Winjas (Fear being the better side)
8. Karnan
9. Taron
10. Krake

(The bottom 5, with 11 being Silver Star, are fairly interchangeable, depending on my mood)

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Do you have a German top 10, out of interest? I’d only be intrigued to know because any German roller coaster I can include in the data will be of use to my calculations, so if you had an additional 5 coasters for me to add, then I would have an even wider pool of roller coasters to use.
Let's fire up the ol' spreadsheet...

6. Winjas Fear
7. Winjas Force
8. Drachenritt (Belantis)
9. El Toro (Plohn)
10. Cobra des Amun Ra (Belantis)
and 11 is Raik, if you're bunging Winjas together.

Nick13

Mega Poster
1. Taron
2. Expedition GeForce
3. Karnan
4. Wodan
5. Black Mamba
6. Silver Star
7. Bluefire
8. Colossos
9. Fluch von Novgorod
10. Karacho

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Blimey, didn't realise I had so many German creds. 49 of 'em.
In my mind Germany is one of the best European countries for theme parks, but looking at my post in the Top 10ish thread, I realise I don't have ANY German coasters in my top 10, and only 3 make the top 10%, which are Taron, EGF and Colossos. So there's the top 3 at least and I'd rank them like so:

1. EGF.
2. Taron
3. Colossos

That means, according to my methodology, no other coasters in Germany are good enough to be ranked. It's the top 10% or nothing with me I'm afraid. But it is weird - I love Germany and I love the parks, but for some reason most of the coasters fall into the 'good but not noteworthy' category.
That being said, I can easily pick out at least 7 more that I'd say are worthy of consideration.

Silver Star
Wodan
Black Mamba
Flug der Dämonen
Fluch von Novgorod
Karnan
Hans Gruber Kopf

Shout outs to Blue Fire, Arthur, Star Trek, Bandit, Nessie, Karacho and Krake.

Last edited:

nadroJ

CF Legend
God bless the 136...

1. Taron
2. Karnan
3. Fluch von Novgorod
4. Colossos
5. Wodan
6. Black Mamba
7. Karacho
8. Expedition GeForce
9. Hals-Uber-Kopf
10. Krake

Honorable mentions to K2, Winjas, G'sengte Sau, Colorado Adventure and Dynamite.

Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
1. Taron
2. Karnan
3. Black Mamba
4. Fluch von Novgorod
5. blue Fire (flame me all you want!...actually that would be a good tag line for it)
6. EGF
7. Krake
8. Silver Star
9. Star Trek: Op Ent
10. Wodan

Alessio

Roller Poster
1. Schwur des Kärnan
2. Expedition GeForce
3. F.L.Y.
4. Taron
5. Colossos
6. Karacho
7. Silver Star
8. Fluch von Novgorod
9. Hals-über-Kopf
10. Dynamite
11. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise
12. Black Mamba
13. Wodan Timbur Coaster
14. Flug der Dämonen
15. Blue Fire
16. SkyWheel
17. Colorado Adventure
18. SkyScream
19. Desert Race
20. Krake

Have ridden 164 Roller Coasters in Germany and have been to all the bigger parks except Belantis. Nevertheless, I’m quite sure that Huracan wouldn’t have made my Top 20.

Last edited:

Peet

Giga Poster
Looks like I have 36 German creds, here's my top 10:

1. EGF
2. Taron
3. Wodan
4. Colossos
5. Silver Star
6. Black Mamba
7. Flug deg Daemonen
8. Star Treck
9. Blue Fire
10. Krake

I think Hansa would be the only park I need to visit that would change this list.

Projektion

Mega Poster
I've only done Phantasia and Europa, but my German ranking stands at:

1. Taron
2. Wodan
3. Black Mamba
4. Silver Star
5. Winjas (Force)
6. Winjas (Fear)
7. Euro Mir
8. Eurosat
9. Blue Fire
10. Colorado Adventure

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Well, 8 months on, I’m bringing back the same methodology for another European country; Germany!
Good man! Give us a shout if you want to collab on the data processing this time around.

1. Taron
2. Schwur des Kärnan
3. Expedition GeForce
4. Black Mamba
5. Silver Star
6. Wodan
7. Dynamite
8. El Toro
9. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise
10. Blue Fire

It's a strong but interchangeable list beyond the top 3 for me. Honourable mentions to Heide's B&Ms.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
1. Expedition GeForce
2. Black Mamba
3. Taron
4. Schwur des Kärnan
5. Colossos
6. Silver Star
7. Blue Fire
8. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise
9. El Toro
10. Fluch von Novgorod

Main German coasters I haven’t ridden yet are: Dynamite, F.L.Y. and Hals-über-Kopf

Last edited:

Luca B

Mega Poster
1. Expedition GeForce
2. Kärnan
3. Taron
4. Silver Star
5. Wodan
6. Star Trek
7 Black Mamba
8. Desert Race
9. Blue Fire
10. Karacho

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
1. Taron
2. Wodan Timbur Coaster
3. Schwur des Kärnan
4. Silver Star
5. Expedition GeForce
6. Black Mamba
7. Colossus
8. Flug der Dämonen
9. Hals-über-Kopf
10. blue fire Megacoaster

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
In some kind of rough order:

1. Taron
2. Karnan
3. Expedition G-Force
4. Colossos (haven't done since retrack)
5. Silver Star
6. Black Mamba
7. Fluch Von Novgorod
8. Krake
9. Wodan
10.Flug der Dämonen

I kind of want to put Blue Fire and/or Star Trek in there instead of Wodan though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I've only been to 4 German parks // and only have 10 German credits, so please don't judge :|

Heiße Fahrt
Black Mamba
G'sengte Sau
Winja's (Force)
Winja's (Fear)
Expedition GeForce
Crazy Bats
Colorado Adventure
Rasender Tausendfüßler
Super Wirbel