What's new

Chessington changes for 2012

Joey said:
God it is huge. It takes up that entire back field. It's kind of a shame but I guess what else CAN they build?

Thats the problem with this type of attraction, the sheer amount of room they require. I believe Kilimanjaro Safari at AK is larger than the rest of the park put together.

I've only just started looking through the documentation that goes with this, but so far I'm really impressed! This is definitely the right thing for Chessington, and will certainly bring me back to visit. What I think is funny is that this will more than likely be the most themed ride built in the UK in the last decade.

I like that you'll be able to access it both from Rameses and Wanyama Village.

Sounds great, but...

(I never been on a Safari before, so bare with me)... Flamingo's and Giraffes? I dont..... see the point?

Giraffes are amazing, especially if they get close up... Not really much else Chessie can get right away without spending TONNES of money that it doesn't have... Plus it'll probs have the current crop of animals around as well...

This is good for the zoo, the park is still in dire need of something, but this (with the Rameses entrance as well being ideal) is a good start...

If it gets built of course...

Woah that is a rather large plot of land there! I am very impressed. I certainly wasn't expecting it to be on that scale. I think this could be a really positive addition and could serve to really pull some public in.

Really glad to read that it will also be a truck driven by actual drivers rather than some automated nonsense. I look forward to following this one.

Martyn B said:
Sounds great, but...

(I never been on a Safari before, so bare with me)... Flamingo's and Giraffes? I dont..... see the point?

Don't forget the Rhinos :p

nealbie said:
Are giraffes not too tall for their height restrictions ؟
I wondered the same. :p

In seriousness... I'm surprised they are getting rhinos and giraffe's full stop. Both are very problematic to look after.

Joey said:
nealbie said:
I wondered the same. :p

In seriousness... I'm surprised they are getting rhinos and giraffe's full stop. Both are very problematic to look after.

I'd rather they were getting the right zebras tbh. Although, they were getting their thang on on Sunday <3 ^_^

This looks really neat, but, yeah, kinda wish they were getting more than three animals :p

Still, a total step in the right direction.

All this positvity <//3

So, it's a truck, with a driver, going through some animal enclosures, like a lot of other "safari" attaractions in other parks. No actors then?

****, I hate being right all the time.

nealbie said:

It's ok, here's what they're getting!

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

Can't wait!

nealbie said:
They've turned half of the shop into a café too. Probably old news to our resident Chessington goon, but Will and I were taken completely by surprise.

Hello, I'm a Chessington goon and I'm here to inform you that this is what Chessington does for the zoo-only dates. :D

To be honest this is pretty much what I have been expecting since early 2010 (pretty sure they told us this is what they wanted at that meet with management) and I thought they'd use up all of that field. I'm surprised that there are only 3 species of animal for this attraction considering the scale of the area but I suppose it gets animal activists off their back a bit by having huge spaces for them.

I like the idea that they're trying to incorporate a story into it too, that makes me happy. I do hope it all gets approved and built exactly like those plans, Chessie could be on to a winner here.

I happen to think this is a great idea... Chessie has needed some sort of new attraction for a while, and even if they're only getting three types of animals, it's cute and something NEW. Which is some I think EVERYONE agrees has been needed in the park for such a long time.
Plus, just to add, re-theme of Toy Town doesn't look all that great from those plans...

Hmmm, if that turns out to look good (ie: not too fibreglassy) they it'll be a good addition. If they coupled it with a disaster style adventure then it would be fab.

See, Ian, I'm worried about the opposite of fibreglass (sort of). Too much wood. The zoo area looks new and neat and tidy, yes, but it all looks the bloody same, wood wood wood everywhere. Looks like that part of garden centres where they sell the sheds. I just hope it doesn't go down that route.

I have this vision of the rocky bits looking like Inferno's volcano. It won't be all wood, Jordan, they'll chuck in a fair bit of straw as well.

Ian said:
It won't be all wood, Jordan, they'll chuck in a fair bit of straw as well.

I reckon we should ask everyone to vote on the chances of that happening... Some kind of poll of some kind...