What's new

Chessington changes for 2012

TP Rich said:
Well, Chessington was originally a 'zoo', then it became a 'zoo with a playground', 'zoo with a fairground', 'zoo with a theme park' to the modern 'theme park with a zoo'. But I don't see anything zoo-related in the plans, just a stage and area retheme. No animals seem to be involved.

That's because they have already done alot for the animals. But I did hear somewhere that they were going to be doing for the monkey enclosure.

^ Doing what for the monkey enclosure? The Macarena? Running an origami class?

**** the monkey enclosure; they NEED a new ride.

I love zoo/theme park combos (as I'm a zoologist :p) but this park really needs some ride investment! They don't have to do anything in the league of TP or AT- just something that they can advertise as a new attraction. It doesn't even need to be a rollercoaster...a new flat would be good too but it just needs some new life injected into it! It's almost painful seeing them just focusing on the refurb some old theming (not that it doesn't need it)..! There's a reason why theme parks invest in new attractions almost, if not every year!

EDIT: Investing alternatively in the zoo and theme park would be a good strategy. What does Flamingoland do?

Oh well that went back on what they said when we went for the Wild Asia media day then when they said they did not want anymore movie tie ins.

Not something I am interested in at all I hate the films, but am sure there target audience will love it so good on them.

They seem to have some sort of agreement with Dreamworks, I notice most of the tie-ins and events they have are with Dreamworks films.

marc said:
Well not being funny they would not get a tie in with Disney so who else is there :)
Well, Alton Towers are doing something with Fox Animation and Sea-Life worked with Warners Bros.

Urrrghhhh, stuff like this just screams to me 'our park and its attractions just isn't cutting it on its own, let's bring in some characters kids like to make them want to come instead!'

BLERGH.

Well this has to be well themed then given that the Shrek Alton land was rejected. Or is it not a Madagasgar land just the show?

And yeah there's obviously some sort of agreement between Merlin and Dreamworks this year with Alton getting an Ice Age show and Chessie a Madagasgar show.

Just a show. Toyland has been painted brown and covered in straw to give it an African theme too. Yay.

Ice Age is Dreamworks, isn't it?

spicy said:
Well this has to be well themed then given that the Shrek Alton land was rejected.
That was probably because as a franchise, Shrek is dead. Madagascar is still going strong (3rd film out this Summer).

And yeah there's obviously some sort of agreement between Merlin and Dreamworks this year with Alton getting an Ice Age show and Chessie a Madagasgar show.
Ice Age is from 20th Century Fox.

nadroJ said:
Just a show. Toyland has been painted brown and covered in straw to give it an African theme too. Yay.

Ice Age is Dreamworks, isn't it?

It's 20th Century Fox, but to be fair, I also thought it was Dreamworks...

To be fair, I work under the enormously presumptuous notion of: if it's not Pixar, it's Dreamworks ;]

^Which is understandable because anything not made by Pixar is rubbish (usually) :p

Oh and Chessington have now submitted plans for safari jeep ride. I'll post a link when the actual documents go online. At the moment is states that several buildings will have to be demolished and new ones built for animal enclosures as well as theming elements.