What's new

Chengdu Wanda City | All Speeds | Taron Clone | 2021

Ethan

Strata Poster
Quality of photos: -100%
Quality of your posts: -100%

Interesting to see some cad drawings of it. It looks as though there isn't quite as much theming surrounding it than Taron has? I think it'll look pretty odd without the 100ft rock faces either side of it, especially behind the turn after the second launch. Still excited to see the finished product though, even if it'll no doubt be inferior.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I genuinely prefer this train design more than Taron's!
Oh yeah, no doubt in my mind that's a better zero-car than Taron's. It looks great!

I would have possibly liked to see a slightly more profiled first train (quite a flat looking car front behind the head), but that's just enthusiast privilege moaning. :p

EDIT: @Ethan jumped in just before me with the same comment. :D

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I really like it!

I like that although this is a clone, they're putting the effort into giving it it's own indentity. I like the warmer coloured rock work with vegetation too. Possibly a western or spanish theme?

EDIT: Just looked back the building work is still very eastern looking. Are there any sort of legends and stories around bulls in China?

Trax

Hyper Poster
It's weird that they did not bother to theme the right side (on the picture) with the tunnel, but did theme the area inside the layout which is pretty much bare on Taron. This one also seems to require more stairs than Taron.
I am still wondering that the Chinese decided to slow down the ride even more. They probably want to avoid the wheel issues Phantasialand had suffered for years. I remember that Phantasialand even slowed down Taron in the summer because of wear. And trust me, it felt like a Family coaster. Tarons current speed is, in my opinion, the minimum for this layout. On the other hand, the chinese market is not yet so developed like the european and US market, so what we would consider an intense family ride, might qualify as a thrill ride over there.