What's new

Chengdu Wanda City | All Speeds | Taron Clone | 2021

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wondered what that blue glow on the horizon was this evening...

I mean, that's incredible. But ****ing hell it's bright.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
At first I thought "It must be a long-exposure shot of a lit train going around the entire track for a minute or two, so of course it is bright". But if so, some of the details in the background would just have appeared as speed blurs too, wouldn't they? The reflections in the water, the swinging ship, and the searchlight beam at the top of the tower all appear to be standing still, and I think there are cars on the bridge in the background too. Do they really have a system for lighting up the entire track at once?

Jared

Hyper Poster
^It looks as though it’s some form of LED lighting system installed onto the spine of the track as it moves with the rides banking. I hope they can adjust the brightness and colour. It’s far too bright and far too blue. Saying that, if it can be programmed to follow the train and pulse along the track, that’ll be so damn cool!

UP87

Mega Poster
Where's the meta thread on build topics?
We can tick the check box for looks slow on the POV!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's funny isn't it? I watch that and (notwithstanding the fact it definitely looks slower than Taron) I can't really believe Taron is my #2. It goes to show JUST how good Klugheim is, in my opinion.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It'd be interesting to watch POVs of this and Taron side by side to really get a feel for just how different it is.*

From those POVs it's hard to tell whether it is much slower than Taron, or if it's just Klugheim's built up nature that adds that extra layer and oompf to the experience.

*I realise I could have done this before posting, but I'm too lazy right now to faff about setting that up

UP87

Mega Poster
Will it keep the rolling launch? I feel like this just removes something from the ride... But it's less stress on the hardware for sure...

cocoa

Mega Poster
I still chuckle at the name. Does anyone know if it sounds more... elegant maybe? in Chinese? Like is there a pun we're missing out on?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I still chuckle at the name. Does anyone know if it sounds more... elegant maybe? in Chinese? Like is there a pun we're missing out on?
Not so much a pun but it certainly doesn't translate directly to All Speeds.

More something like Hurricane Speed I think.

Ries

Mega Poster
It'd be interesting to watch POVs of this and Taron side by side to really get a feel for just how different it is.*

I did this.
Put the original pov of Taron on pause. And when All Speeds launched I clicked on play. (Also too lazy to do this in editing software).
So I was a fraction of a second late on Taron, but Taron was way faster in the second half. First half looked about the same, but Taron was a little faster here. (Not science, but acceptable)

Agree with Klugheim Theming. This is so good.

Maybe All Speeds will speed up a bit, after more testing?

Dar

Hyper Poster
So the theming on taron adds to the disorientation and head-chopper moments, and the proper launches add to the sense of speed? 😃

Edit: a word

Last edited:

Dar

Hyper Poster
Apparently, the speed adds to the sense of speed too, with Taron being 5.5 seconds faster in the second half. That's quite significant.
Oops, I missed a word!

I was properly surprised at just how much faster OGTaron was off the launches, especially the second.

I wonder how close to the theoretical minimum speed All Speeds was running in the POV?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
POV video description from a few days ago; https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cS4y1Q7uL
成都融创乐园的明星项目——极速狂飙过山车终于即将在2021年12月31日正式对外开放。 来自著名过山车厂商Intamin,LSM双弹射,1秒飞出30米。轨道长度1314米,诚意满满。 过山车引进自德国梦幻乐园的Taron轨迹,配以三国主题。 光听弹射的声响,已然令人热血沸腾! 还有十几天就能坐上了,就问你激动吗?准备好了吗?!
Translated;
The star project of Sunac Land Chengdu, the [All Speeds], will finally be officially opened to the public on December 31, 2021. From the famous roller coaster manufacturer Intamin, LSM double launch, flying 30 meters in 1 second. The track length is 1,314 meters, full of sincerity. The roller coaster was cloned from the Taron coaster at the German Phantasialand, with the theme of the Three Kingdoms. Just listening to the sound of the catapult is already exciting! You can sit in more than ten days, are you excited? Are you ready? !