What's new

CF-Live: OK III - Morning Wood - Trip Reports

big john

Mega Poster
Been working every day since i came back but finish early tonight so will post more then but twas a great weekend

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I was wondering how long that would take!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm quite disappointed with the lack of photos suitable for a "Who Farted?" topic. Looks like I'll have to check the Brean topic out.

Dave

CF Legend
Ian said:
I'm quite disappointed with the lack of photos suitable for a "Who Farted?" topic. Looks like I'll have to check the Brean topic out.

I've got one, I think.... But will be up later in my trip report with photos.

Dave

CF Legend
Sorry to double post but its worth it :p
Warning this post is quite long, but it will have pictures.

So its time again for a trip to Oakwood! My favourite theme park in the whole world, just don't know why I love it so much, I think its the charming nature of the park and the potential for a UK version of Holiday World.
So after finishing packing and making sure everything had been charged and primed for the weekend I awaited Ian and Dick at my house, then a large people carrier pulled over, opening its flashy doors, I walked over and slumped my bags in the back and off to Sam's we went.
On the way we find out that Sam is delayed by the tit Chris who missed his train to Guildford, so we sat outside Sam's. Some time went by while we waited, as shown by Ian here:
dsc_0027.jpg

Not long after this the rest arrived and after cramming the car to the brim we were off up the mess of the A3 and onto the M25, which ran smoothly until we hit traffic just after the M3 junction:
dsc_0032.jpg

After passing the crash which everyone slowed down to watch we moved onto the M4 and sped down. Stopping for food/drinks at Reading, where I bought Independant, which I ended up not reading, waste of 80p....

Because I don't have pictures i'll shorten the rest of the journey, from what I remember it went fine until Cardiff where we hit traffic because of roadworks, we past Port Talbot and got a wiff of that lovely ****ing sulphur air. **** hole!
Then we moved on, I threw up due to a migraine mixed with motion sickness, so not the most nicest thing ever. We arrived at the campsite and a horrible wind was blowing, causing stress by all. So hour later tents were up and got some booze and snacks from Tesco. Happy times by all and bed.

Saturday! Oakwood day and ERT! After we recovered from being zombies since 6-7am we arrived at Oakwood in our mass convoy of cars. After a bit of faffage of badges, money and missing people we moved into Oakwood and started out ERT! It was immensly fun to ride Megafobia, was a bit rough at the start of the day, got a good 10 rides out of it. Joey slapped me because i apparently had two back row rides, but after explaining he took the slap back.
dsc_0040.jpg

Moving on after the ERT was the Bobsleigh, my god it terrified me, it slid all over the track, causing the bob to sway side to side and the stream of water made it go ever so fast! But twas fun all the same :D
Moving onto Death Slide, the ride op was a rather lovely lady, shame i forgot to visit her on bobsleight later in the day :(.

We moved over to Speed, the very intimidating looking Giant Eurofighter, very photogenic roller coaster I may say. The ride hasn't lost its forces, with the airtime hill being insane as ever, helix making me see a few stars once again, but it HURT this time round, rain pounding my face, bloody made it painful.
So hanged around the bottom of the drop before nearly being killed by falling coins ;)
dsc_0084.jpg

With the rain continuing to pour we moved onto the other roller coaster Treetops which sadly was running only the back rows due to a lack of friction on the lift, it still was a fun ride, but not as dodgy as it is with a full train.
Much faffage followed and lunch was declared, which we all headed for the resteraunt at the top of the park. The meal was nice, to a certain extent, but wasn't badly priced. After much raining it finnally stopped and we headed over to the Brer Rabbit ride and got massively freaked out by it, silly bunnies, then doing Spooky 3D which was suprisingly ****. After everyone headed to Vertigo to grab there rides me, marc, hayley's mum and Mark walked to Speed for some footage and photographing.
dsc_0047.jpg

dsc_0050.jpg

From this I learnt Speed isn't a very good roller coaster for photos of the train going round the track, as its mostly obstructed and facing the wrong way. But there's ways round this ;) Like near the exit of Treetops:
dsc_0090.jpg

Also by the Magic Matt house behind the Death Slide:
dsc_0100.jpg

dsc_0120.jpg

Also gave a nice panorama to Megafobia:
dsc_0118.jpg

After joining the group for there ride on Hydro which I sat out as i've been on Hydro many times in the past and didn't fancy getting wet, so I stood on the bridge to take photographs, like so:
dsc_0185.jpg

Bad cropping I know, but hey wasn't being too serious. So turned at the last moment before the wave hit and got my entire back drenched.
So for the next train I took up a position just near the drop and had a chat with Hixee about Hydro. Snapped a mid shot of the ride on the drop:
dsc_0194.jpg

After much moist people came off and into the group the death ride commenced, Waterfall riders took the brave steps and ascended the stairs, many stood, mostly photographing and videoing. So in no particular order here are some Waterfall pics, pretty self-explanatory.
dsc_0218.jpg

dsc_0221.jpg

dsc_0224.jpg

dsc_0249.jpg

And then this happened:
dsc_0252.jpg
Looking quite wet there Sam ;)

Group faffage followed in the photo in which I almost got my neck broken, but managed to avoid it, and then went on the Boating Lake with Cieran, which was a giggle, as teaching him how to steer the boat took a while, as I wanted to snap 'fobia from other angles, like so:
dsc_0271.jpg

dsc_0279.jpg

Meeting back with the group at Bounce which had broken down, so me, Ian and Sam took Aidan to the Kid's Area to go on Clown Coaster which wasn't working, or in simple terms the ride ops couldn't be ****ed to operate the ride. So I took Aidan round the Wacky Warehouse, which was really fun and tiring. After saying goodbye to Karen and co. me and Ian headed back to 'fobia and whored that to death, as it was the best riding i've ever had on it, the backrow was insane as was the 2nd row.

It was a fantastic day despite the weather, big thanks to Mark for organising the ERT and trip, thanks to Ian for booking the campsite, kinder eggs and the long journey to and from!
Cheers guys and see you at the next live.

More photos can be found here
http://www.oaktowers.com/gallery/OakieK ... index.html

(I hope this post made sense)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Smashing report, Dave! *****

Lol, I've yet to see a photo of Rach on Waterfall not looking terrified.

Rach

Giga Poster
Ian said:
Lol, I've yet to see a photo of Rach on Waterfall not looking terrified.

I look terrified on all photos from Oakwood I think. :lol:
I'm still terrified of the Tea Trays even after I had cleared them.

But, I really enjoyed them. I weren't going to be a chicken and not ride them. I really, to say it fairly ****ing loved them, the anticipation of the fact you could fall in was what I loved.
1st/2nd best ride at Oakwood. :D

Great PTR as well Dave.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
We've had Raybould's and Karen's.

I think we're waiting on BJ's and Peep.

peep

CF Legend
I told y'all that me video won't be ready till next week at some point. I did apologize for the wait in advance :p

I believe Mark is also trying to put a vid together?

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
This time last week i was finishing packing for Oakwood lol.... in hindsight a pair of Wellington boots and a waterproof would have been a good idea...

It was (despite the rain) an awesome park though... It's right up there on my list of best parks...

Megaphobia = <3

Thankyou for the ERT :D

Also thanks MUST go out to Rob for the epic drive down starting at half 3 in the morning!

I'm also glad i eventually decided to ride Speed... i was a bit reluctant with the lift hill and everything :p
But that proved to be a pretty good ride, although i don't think my head agreed...

Lol i look like i'm enjoying the water slide waaaaaaaay too much on Martyns photos....

A

Anonymous

Finally uploaded Oakwood pictures - not many taken due to weather conditions and the fact that I only brought Jason along for the afternoon when it had cleared a bit.

Enjoyed the Pirate ship with Marc and Megaphobia with John :)

Thanks to Erol, Marc and Mark for making the stay at the travelodge fun despite the weather and I appreciated you all going to Mark and Marc's room each night so I could get to watch TV (not! LOL) with Jason.

Here's the link to photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... =642715809

Don't think I will be rushing back to Oakwood.

Mark

Strata Poster
peep said:
I told y'all that me video won't be ready till next week at some point. I did apologize for the wait in advance :p

I believe Mark is also trying to put a vid together?

Indeed, I have my laptop back and I can actually start working on it properly!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've noticed that the trip report posts are longer, but the "small talk" is non-existant.

Where's your lengthy trip report then, Joey?

If everybody that went typed out at least 150 words instead of the "Great time! Cheers!" Then it would be great.