What's new

Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

Re: Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

Whilst, as with any product, investment contracts and discounts happen, to point and say they're happening every time we see a pattern is... Eh. It may well be the case that CF have a buying agreement with B&M, but it's also just as likely that they don't.

Patterns occur for a number of reasons, but the most common is short sighted flip flopping, I don't care what anyone says. Something happens and it's not the projected success they imagined - quick DO THE OPPOSITE! Some other park has and huge success? QUICK COPY IT!

We often make logical predictions on this site and dismiss ridiculous ideas, ideas that go on to be realised, predictions that don't materialise... Because the industry doesn't make much sense. Because management changes, because budgets change, because market research flings back something new, because audience changes, because tech changes, because the wind changes.

Whilst, as with any product, investment contracts and discounts happen, to point and say they're happening every time we see a pattern is... Eh. It may well be the case that CF have a buying agreement with B&M, but it's also just as likely that they don't.

Patterns occur for a number of reasons, but the most common is short sighted flip flopping, I don't care what anyone says. Something happens and it's not the projected success they imagined - quick DO THE OPPOSITE! Some other park has and huge success? QUICK COPY IT!

We often make logical predictions on this site and dismiss ridiculous ideas, ideas that go on to be realised, predictions that don't materialise... Because the industry doesn't make much sense. Because management changes, because budgets change, because market research flings back something new, because audience changes, because tech changes, because the wind changes.

12509181_954585051301267_9122747295984238704_n.jpg

It's so large...

Yas.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/685086190710702080[/tweet]

More progress on the Immelman.

camera1.jpg

I also just realized, Valravn's Immelman is 165 ft. tall. Gatekeeper's Dive Drop is 164 ft. tall. Damn.

^GateKeeper is 170 feet tall, but the section before the actual inversion is inclined downwards a bit, so by the time you're upside down, you've already fallen 5 feet.

And Cedar Point still officially calls Gatekeeper's inversion 170 ft. tall, even though they also say the Dive Drop is 164 ft. tall (go figure). Flying Aces also touts a 170 ft. claim for their opening loop (which is technically designed as a non-inverting loop). Try not to ponder to hard on this, as all of it doesn't make sense.

Valravn will "officially" be the third tallest inversion in the world. However, depending on how you quality and condition inversion definitions, one could technically consider this to be the tallest inversion in the world.

Valravn's immelmann has been topped. Talk about great visuals!

camera1.jpg

CZRWlzlWAAAJW02

From Tony's Twitter. Amazing shot.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

The sky makes it seem kind of artsy.

In other words, I want to see it from this angle when the whole ride is built and there isn't construction equipment or leafless trees, and it should be overcast.

The track coming out of the photo is cool, too. That could be used in promotional material with the train leaping from the track and out of the page. I've never seen that done with a photo, but why not?

I'll just leave this here:

[tweet]http://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/691281399442227200[/tweet]