Attachments

• 894916_10151347637326463_1969706030_o.jpg
    894916_10151347637326463_1969706030_o.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 23

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It looks too slow - I mean look at all that hangtime in the inversion. It's almost like it's frozen.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

^Ha!

Hyde244 said:
I am most excited for the fact that for the first time since its construction in 1994, Raptor will not be the most popular roller coaster at the front of the park. Yay shorter queue time!

Yea...this means you will have a good 2-3 hour window to hit Raptor like a the good coaster enthusiast you are, amd then pray that none of the other lines will be filled afterwards.

I honestly wonder how this will affect Mavericks and Millennium Forces wait times.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
GateKeeper will definitely sap up queue wait from other roller coasters in the park. Recent changes to the Fast Pass however will add an underlying factor for 2013 that will change queue times.

The Fast Pass will now be a two-tier system - the basic Fast Pass will grant entrance to all previously listed rides, EXCEPT TTD and GateKeeper. For those two roller coasters, you will need to pay extra.

TTD had plenty of issues with Fast Pass last year; essentially operating on one train operation for Fast Pass, one train operation for regular. I'm glad Cedar Point is taking action to fix the TTD queue, but this inevitably means that there will be more regular Fast Pass users for other rides. The ride base has been reduced (number of rides), and statistical chance of having more Fast Pass users per ride will increase. And let us not forget - regular Fast Pass users will still have to wait in the regular lines for GateKeeper and TTD, lengthening those lines.

So yes, GateKeeper's queue will absorb riders from other coasters. However, Fast Pass usage has been restricted, meaning more Fast Pass users will be waiting for Maverick, MF, Raptor, etc. It could very well be possible that queue wait times stay relatively static, and do not change as a result.

marc

CF Legend
Re: Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

2nd from last picture is going to be the most common one.

CPcisco

Mega Poster
I love how the gulls have already claimed the ride as their own. White supports were a very good idea. :lol:

The shots do look great though, can't wait to see a video of a test run now. :--D

matricks

Roller Poster
Hey all, sorry if this has been discussed somewhere in the thread already, but I wanted to confirm: are the seats on a rotation axis? I see that in the lift hill, they seem inclined back. Does this mean that they also rotate like the seats on a 4D coaster like X at magic mountain?

Eitherway, this machine is beautiful, i would love to pay Cedar Point a visit.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^No. This ride is the same as the other B&M Wingriders with fixed axis seats.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It's a matter of perspective - you could simply be seeing the headrests as the bottom of the restraints, and rotating the seats in your mind. Notice how the OTSRs attach to the top of each seat, which shows that the seats are indeed facing forwards.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Hyde244 said:
Cedar Point has also posted latest construction photos on their website. There is a great full body photo of the train with theming, which I've screen-clipped to post here. I think the trains turned out rather well.

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-02%20at%202.37.33%20PM.jpg

Will GateKeepers "Eyes" be lit up with LED's..?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I believe so. It has been confirmed that there are LEDs on the sides of the train cars.

cpblog0017.jpg

I cannot wait to do some long exposure night photos with those trains running... that is until the LEDs break 4 minutes into operation. :razz:

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
We can see some good testing footage of GateKeeper in the latest Cedar Point Point Cast by Tony Clark.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Go1CNOktV0[/youtube]
It looks amazing, but interesting that they are running it in testing stages with two sets of wheels!

matricks

Roller Poster
Hyde244 said:
It's a matter of perspective - you could simply be seeing the headrests as the bottom of the restraints, and rotating the seats in your mind. Notice how the OTSRs attach to the top of each seat, which shows that the seats are indeed facing forwards.

Oh silly me, you're right. Thanks!!