Maverix

Mega Poster
GateKeeperBeachCam_1024.jpg

The train is on the track!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point has also posted latest construction photos on their website. There is a great full body photo of the train with theming, which I've screen-clipped to post here. I think the trains turned out rather well.

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-02%20at%202.37.33%20PM.jpg

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
After a long day of shunting, the two trains are now on different maintenance tracks.
50CD16A6-447A-4632-A23F-3FD1999918D6-2080-000001C706FE0EDC_zpsd8fa02ce.jpg

I deleted this post because I didn't realise Maverix had used the webcam link which constantly changes so have decided to repost it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I must admit - I have never followed trains being transferred to and from maintenance tracks as closely as this. :roll:

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Ethan said:
Only just realised how massive that first drop is :O

At least from that angle yeah, it's surprisingly large!
I'm not expecting epicness but I am excited for this ride. Expectations can only go up :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
GateKeeper will be the tallest non-Hyper B&M out there - definitely pretty tall!

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Dalek Sec - Coaster Zone Member said:
Interestingly the webcams have been taken off the website (Both Online Fun and GateKeeper pages). Obviously this is a sign that testing is going to begin today!
It will be good if this means testing does start today, but it's such a shame they have removed the webcams for the very first test runs, hopefully they will record it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It is standard procedure, and I am sure test photos will follow.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Griffon, Sheikra, and Alpengeist all have a height of 200 ft., which puts them in the hyper range.

Tatsu's 170 ft. height is more of an asterisks, as the lift hill ascends up a hill. It is only because of a brief pass over a pathway that Tatsu gets its 170 ft. mark.

Oblivion does have a 180 ft. drop, but only stands 68 ft. tall. It is the sheer height of GateKeeper which I was referring to.

But let me rephrase: GateKeeper has a massive stance, and will have an imposing height at the front of the park.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Nemesis of oblivion said:
Why can't we just talk like the general public?
"Lets go on the big, blue one!"
Much easier cool)
Because then they'll all go running for THE Millennium Force. :p

Gatekeeper looks amazing though. I remember Wild Eagle's Immelmann being really awesome so one like this that should put it to shame has to be unreal.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I am most excited for the fact that for the first time since its construction in 1994, Raptor will not be the most popular roller coaster at the front of the park. Yay shorter queue time!