What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point | "Unknown" | B&M Wingrider?

Looks really fun actually. I was right it would be more bigger, better, faster and more akin to Wild Eagle, but that Zero-G through the entrance building will most likely be the highlight. Hopefully they will actually landscape that part of the car park that it goes through like that art shows. Lift hill along the coast will look and feel fantastic.

Oh, I like the name.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I don't think anybody can be disappointed with this one. We all knew a Wing Rider was coming, and this layout is far beyond my expectations! The only thing I can find on it is that the second roll over the entrance will most likely be a bit slow, but the ride still looks brilliant!

I also love the name, and the colors for it.
Can't wait for the POV tomorrow.

To bad it's quite far away..

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

The reason why I'm dissappointed is not because of the coaster and layout, because for a B&M the layout is amazing!
But I'm dissappointed because of the manufacturer.
I feel like when B&M is designing a coaster, It's like they're playing NL and then they're just putting the pre-fab elements in an new order for most of their coasters.

But when that is said, I want to say that I'm only a little dissappointed.

A101

Mega Poster
Layout looks like a more modern twist on the classic B&M layout, I like the route they took with the name Gatekeeper, certainly wasn't what I was expecting. But, that colour scheme vaguely reminds me of a similar coaster at SWO, (wing coaster Kraken anyone?)

TBH, I wish this was as Wonderland instead of Levi! Wonderland NEEDS quality inversions!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Is there an inline twist at the end? I can't see much. Anyway 6 inversions is more than enough! Looks great!

bmac

Giga Poster
Alrighty I'm saving gas money to go next year, just need to wait for Cedar Fair to sell 2013 Plat. Passes and I'm good to go. Guess there will be a CF Live event on opening day or something?

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
This layout looks great. I love the zero g roll over the entrance. Well, I guess Maverick will no longer have the longest lines at the park.

bmac

Giga Poster
gets 3 trains running, hopefully it doesn't stick and the train glides through like Nitro, Green Lantern and Mantis

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Looks fantastic and the logo is pretty neat too. It would've been awesome if they themed it to Cerberus though, it'd make sense since he was the gatekeeper of the Underworld and that's pretty badass and intimidating. Plus I'm a giant fanboy of that 3 headed dog and I could admire the art for it.

Still, what a spectacular way to present the entrance of the park to guests.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
Still, what a spectacular way to present the entrance of the park to guests.

Definitely. It's such an effective way to make the entrance attractive, inviting and of course adds excitement on-ride.

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster
Okay, the color scheme in person will be incredible to see. The keyhole inversion over the front gate will be amazing. The good ol' B&M roar right at the beginning of the park will be music to our ears. Gatekeeper is right by the beach..that view up the lift will be breathtaking. Is this the first WR with a massive airtime hill? Because that will be fab as well as the giant corkscrew! I like the overbanked turnaround as well. This coaster is great because it follows a traditional B&M Megacoaster layout, unlike many B&M loopers that have their track smooshed together in tight space. Anxious to see what is after the MCBR...hopefully theres a good forceful helix in there somewhere.

EDIT: And it's a good thing I only live an hour and forty-five minutes away :--D Who wants to join me!?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
To keep everyone up to date:

Leaked images appear to have made it on the internet, revealing a layout in line with previous rumors; featuring a bright blue track, GateKeeper title, 6 inversions, and a double zero-g over the park's main entrance.

417482_10150974827428639_1014668601_n.jpg

387075_10150974827508639_29812130_n.jpg

404084_10150974827603639_293038951_n.jpg

424373_10150974827673639_1686430699_n.jpg

189452_10150974827813639_26466143_n.jpg

The official announcement is scheduled for tomorrow at 3:30 PM. Remember, I'll be there covering the play-by-play on CF's twitter, @CoasterForce.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider *UPDATE PAGE

In regards to the airtime hill, will it be trimmed like Raptor's? A lot of people commented that you barely felt anything.

Wynder

Roller Poster

Well glad to see the inverted drop continuing on wingriders , its a killer element :D

sparky2u

Mega Poster

Excellent layout for a "Wing'd coaster, shame this was not "Swarm" ;-)

bmac

Giga Poster

Uncle Arly said:
In regards to the airtime hill, will it be trimmed like Raptor's? A lot of people commented that you barely felt anything.

I don't think so, the elements look large enough to where the ride shouldn't be too forceful. That turnaround will probably be the most forceful part of the ride, with or without the trim.

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster

I highly doubt it will be trimmed considering it has what looks to be at least a 100 ft corkscrew to go through right after it

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

It is too early to determine is trimming will be used - that is never rendered on the initial concept.

The criticism of the use of the initial inverted drop is a bit overstated - all coaster types have their "unique" layout features that you want. For instance, what Invert is without a zero-g roll?

This looks like a damn good coaster. Great layout, great concept color and name, and who can argue with those pircturesque inversions over the main entrance?

Not too shabby for a parking lot coaster. :wink: