What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

bentcookie

Mega Poster
I enjoy Cedar Point. I've been going there since I was a little one. I think the park has its positives and negatives. All of that aside, Gatekeeper looks amazing, and I think it will really change (for the better) an already great atmosphere at the park!

Taxi

Mega Poster
GateKeeper is a PERFECT addition to the park. It's the first ride since Millennium Force & Raptor to bring so much change.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I think it'd be fair to say TTD brought about some serious change on the main midway. ;)

But yes, GateKeeper has created all kinds of goodness in the front of the park.

Smithy

Strata Poster
coaster_rider93 said:
I guess I'm a Cedar Point fanboy because it is my home park, but I do not understand the negativity given to Cedar Point. It is pretty much like any other amusement park out there.

I mean, it's almost like nobody (not even the guy in the post that you originally replied to) has given any reasons as to why they dislike the park :angel:

bentcookie

Mega Poster
Does anyone know if there will be a total landscape revamp at the front of the park? I'm assuming so, but what do I know..

Also, I'd imagine CP will be filling in the part of the parking lot that Gatekeeper occupies with grass...Right?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point |

As in the Midway and Shops or before the gates?

Just look back a couple pages and you will see your answer ;)

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

sparky2u said:
How Cedar Point's new entrance may look:

528492_417063371710860_2031447825_n.jpg

This...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^See? I'm not the only one who felt there was sterility in the park.
:p

It's not like I grew up near a major park, never went anywhere else, and have declared my undying love for that park, and only that park. Having been to over 400 parks, around the world, I think I'm justified in having an opinion. (My home park as a kid was Pirate's Fun Park, talk about a dump.) Oh, and I dump on other parks when they deserve it. I beat up Tragic Mountain all the time.

Anyways.

Gatekeeper looks fantastic, is from my favorite design company, and at least it's at the very front of the park, so I won't have to be there long. :D

Actually, if I pass under that ride, there's no way I'm leaving without at least a lap or two on Millie, too.

bentcookie

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:
^See? I'm not the only one who felt there was sterility in the park.
:p

It's not like I grew up near a major park, never went anywhere else, and have declared my undying love for that park, and only that park. Having been to over 400 parks, around the world, I think I'm justified in having an opinion. (My home park as a kid was Pirate's Fun Park, talk about a dump.) Oh, and I dump on other parks when they deserve it. I beat up Tragic Mountain all the time.

Anyways.

Gatekeeper looks fantastic, is from my favorite design company, and at least it's at the very front of the park, so I won't have to be there long. :D

Actually, if I pass under that ride, there's no way I'm leaving without at least a lap or two on Millie, too.

If you could get a piggy back ride to the back of the park would you have a go on Maverick?! :lol:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Y'know, oddly enough, Maverick doesn't get me excited. Maybe it was the multiple spites from Intaminitis, maybe it's the stupidly long wait to get to the single rider split, or maybe I just get underwhelmed after the 2-hour wait.

So, Gatekeeper track layout ought to be finished this week...

I'm guessing late Friday, unless they didn't work today.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
At the very least there will be grass. If they a bit more shrubbery and landscaping as they have with Maverick - great.

We are one MCBR and a helix away from a complete circuit.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The 2013 park map gives you an idea of what the new entrance will look like.

485323_420817164668814_1567465414_n.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Oh no. I just realized that as soon as the layout is completed, we will be faced with the surge of posts about first test runs.

hiding.gif