What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

tomahawKSU said:
Until someone spits on you from above while scanning your pass. Sorry, no hope for humanity. Looks Snoo as hell, or sexy as hell for those missing the joke.

They wont be able to through a solid roof?

Apex

Roller Poster
Seriously this coaster looks amazing, B&M has really done their homework. I have no clue when I'll make it to Cedar Point(It's kind of hard living in Florida) but I really want to experience it once in my life!

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster
TheCoasterCruiser said:
Best park entrance in the world!

One thing though, I thought the keyholes where gonna be connected so that they where like one... :(

They answered this on the blog, and said that the spaces are going to remain for ease of checking bolts.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Of all the things to alter on a roller coaster design - I'll take the couple inches of gapping in a steel tower.

Let's not forget the removal of Maverick's barrel roll in 2007.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point |

Intricks said:
tomahawKSU said:
Until someone spits on you from above while scanning your pass. Sorry, no hope for humanity. Looks Snoo as hell, or sexy as hell for those missing the joke.

They wont be able to through a solid roof?

Forgot about the roof, but I am sure some YOLO or SWAG dude is gonna try and see how far he can spit. Happens on every ride though so nothing new.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
TheCoasterCruiser said:
Best park entrance in the world!

Oh come on! Just like the inversion on this, the stole the entire idea from Thorpe Park!!!

The world doesn't revolve around Cedar Point you know? Thorpe Park is clearly a world leader and the world revolves around there!

tpentrance.JPG

(Not quite so funny now there isn't such a huge number of mindless Thorpe Park fanboys on CF :lol: )

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
Of all the things to alter on a roller coaster design - I'll take the couple inches of gapping in a steel tower.

Let's not forget the removal of Maverick's barrel roll in 2007.

Do wish I coulda known...just one ride!

Snoo

The Legend
I mean, if you saw it running, you KNOW how good that barrell roll could have been. I still cry on the inside.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Remember all of the fanboys congregating at the back of the park opening day 2007, watching Maverick test run with the barrel roll? *tear*

I had the chance to drive past Cedar Point today while running out to the chausey. GateKeeper absolutely dominates the front skyline of the park - with the keyhole tower element front and center. Sadly no photos as our windows were salted up and there was a snow flurry that had cropped up.

Rest assured, it looks even better in real life.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here are some photos from yesterday's initial capping of the keyhole inversion.

080b.jpg

079b.jpg

071b.jpg

059a.jpg

055a.jpg

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:
I mean, if you saw it running, you KNOW how good that barrell roll could have been. I still cry on the inside.

Especially when you are then when it was supposed to be open.
Instead they were removing the roll, and the giant red beast sat there mocking us.

In terms of aesthetics this coaster will be tops.

Error

Strata Poster
Am I the only one imagining all the loose **** that is going to be hitting people when they get into the park?

Sounds a bit paranoid but I was hit by a phone while working on Turnpike Cars, and then nearly by a set of keys while working at Six Flags Great America.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Yes, there will most likely be netting. Lots of netting.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Hats are the worst to be hit by. Painful as **** if you are on the ride.

The keyhole looks so amazing complete.

bmac

Giga Poster
Welcome to Cedar Point, you'll receive a complementary hat upon entry and maybe a broken nose!

Lofty

CF Legend
I just love how the Zero-G Roll looks as though it's just floating in between those keyhole elements. Simply stunning.