What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider *UPDATE PAGE

I think this is a superb concept. Those keyholes across the entrance are sheer genius and I think the name is very "fitting". So yeah, brilliant idea and the coaster looks okay as well. It's going to make such a fantastic addition to Cedar Point though running across the entrance. It could only be better if there was an escalator through a loop ;)

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Casio said:
Also props to Cedar Point for only claiming the real records, length and drop, as Wild Eagle is taller and Baco is faster.

Wild Eagle is definitely not taller!

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Actually the Wild Eagle lift is over 200ft so they claimed the record. Casio is correct.

scw55

Hyper Poster

It's a shame they didn't got for a Cerberus theme. I guess it would scare the little kiddies to walk past the guard to Erebus.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
^ Actually the Wild Eagle lift is over 200ft so they claimed the record. Casio is correct.

No, Wild Eagle's lift is not even close to 200 feet. There is a very big difference in height, and in elevation difference!

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ No. Wikipedia even proves you incorrect. The lift hill is 210ft, 64m. Dollywood has the record, even if it doesn't have the tallest drop, it's the tallest coaster (technically).

Read it and weep...

SwKBw.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^I'm sorry Ethan, but you're wrong. The 'tallest' Wingrider is the one with the highest difference between the ground and the coaster. The fact that Wild Eagle's lift hill runs up a hillside means it not the tallest.

Might have the biggest station-lift hill difference, but that doesn't mean it's the tallest. Otherwise they'd just dig the station 30ft underground and add 30ft to the stats. :roll:

_koppen

Hyper Poster

The drop is 135 feet. The highpoint of the lift is even less.
Watch this picture and it probably clears for you.
dbcfh4ui800aphc5hmv22a.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Ethan said:
^ No. Wikipedia even proves you incorrect. The lift hill is 210ft, 64m. Dollywood has the record, even if it doesn't have the tallest drop, it's the tallest coaster (technically).

Read it and weep...

Yep, it's essentially like PMBO is 235' tall (above sea level) when in fact from floor level it's 217 or whatever it is. Even that is cheating a little.

So yeah, it's that difference between "tallest" and "highest".

Ethan

Strata Poster

I completely get how the drop is so much smaller. But Dollywood has the record. What's there to argue about?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Maybe the fact that they don't have a 210 feet tall coaster?

I'm not going to argue with you any more, since there is obviously no point!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Just uploaded the announcement and Q&A session to CF's YouTube channel. Somebody asks about the theme in the Q&A session.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEihJs6njPI[/youtube]

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ethan is correct. Dollywood still has the tallest Wing Coaster from station to top of lift.

Cedar Point is correct in that they offer the highest drop height out of them all.

Why the pointless arguing? Oh wait, we're enthusiasts. Nitpickers of the coaster world :lol:

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Intricks said:
Why the pointless arguing? Oh wait, we're enthusiasts. Nitpickers of the coaster world :lol:

Oh yes, what would our days be without arguing about or different opinions! :D

Ethan

Strata Poster

Ian said:
Just uploaded the announcement and Q&A session to CF's YouTube channel. Somebody asks about the theme in the Q&A session.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEihJs6njPI[/youtube]

That is the most awkward Q&A session ever. She knew nothing :D

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster

steel said:
Raptor, Gemini, and Top Thrill Dragster (speaking of names that are ACTUALLY not very good).
:?

Ethan said:
^ No. Wikipedia even proves you incorrect.
Anyone can edit Wikipedia ;)

_koppen said:
Maybe the fact that they don't have a 210 feet tall coaster?
If we're talking in terms of highest to lowest points of the track, then Wild Eagle being 210 feet "tall" is likely. Otherwise, I'm with you and Hixee on this one.

Intricks said:
Ha, no kidding :roll:

Ethan

Strata Poster

ava1enzue1a said:
Ethan said:
^ No. Wikipedia even proves you incorrect.
Anyone can edit Wikipedia ;)

It seems you haven't viewed the official Dollywood picture I posted on the last page. But yes, anyone can change it. Although anybody who posts false heights of roller coasters on purpose needs to get out more...

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster

^ Nah, I viewed it, I just wouldn't have credited Wikipedia for the pic. Sorry, I misunderstood. Statement was out of context.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Ethan said:
That is the most awkward Q&A session ever. She knew nothing :D
Questions were fielded by the press, majority of whom are not coaster experts. It isn't that Annie (who I believe you are talking about) doesn't know her info, but was simply feeding easy pitches for Monte to answer and explain concepts that weren't being asked.

On the height issue; Wild Eagle is the tallest Wing Coaster in the world, GateKeeper has the tallest drop in the world.