What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Error

Strata Poster
Hot Take: 90% of the general public won't know what a Dive Machine even is, let alone what make this one "bad".
It'll be fine. Post MCBR is awkward, but it gives it a LITTLE something. The Immelmann after the dive is standard, and I do wish they'd switch it up with something else. And as mentioned, a loop on a dive machine is something different from the norm.
I've been wanting to go to Canada's Wonderland for a couple years, and this doesn't make me want to go less, so I'm good.

Marnit

Roller Poster
I really wonder why they brake the trains that hard during the MCBR...
Surely that means you could have done a lot of interesting things with it instead, if you'd have put the brakes higher, and brake the trains less...
Then again, more track -> more costs

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
I really wonder why they brake the trains that hard during the MCBR

This is just my opinion, but it's a nice way of giving riders a repeat of the tension of the first drop. If a dive machine is all about the drop and the preceding anticipation, having another little sharp drop in there just before the end is a way to break up the experience.

It doesn't matter that it's not a full vertical drop, the build up and the sudden change in pace is the exciting part. It's nice to have those (literal) dramatic peaks and troughs built into the design instead of just pummeling riders with non-stop intensity until the end.

Also, the curvature of the track after the MCBR looks like it'd be seriously unpleasant to take it at full speed.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I'm honestly wondering what will be better; Oblivion at AT or the post-MCBR on this coaster.
asi-ve-ahora-chica-meme-wut_cover-768x768.jpg

James F

Hyper Poster
Or Silver Star. Or Behemoth. Or any of the other dive coasters. Or Dragon Khan. Or the wing coasters. I could go on @Hyde ;)
Swarm's (if you count it) has the worst in my opinion, does it really need three break runs? Surely the layout could be longer.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Swarm's is sort of it's actual brake run, though? Brake, block and then transfer track - the difference between Swarm and a lot of other coasters is that you can actually see the segments in Swarm's, whereas other coasters usually have them as one big bulk piece of track together.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
All B&Ms have 3 "sections" before the station: Service, Safety, and Transfer. The Transfer is of course the transfer track, which usually precedes the station. The Safety is the bit just before the transfer. The Service is usually either connected to the Safety, or is before a turn into the Safety. You can see it on nearly all B&Ms:

leviathan-cfmh.jpg

ebfa58b6f9bdf147cc5afda0f1980604--tivoli-gardens-roller-coasters.jpg

Swarm's Service is just in an awkward location.
upload_2018-8-21_12-21-29.png

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ B&M arn't really incharge of construction, they're just the designers.

I don't quite understand why this guy is so shocked by the development of this coaster. The timescale isn't out of the ordinary, infact nothing is really that out of the oridinary. They've installed a brake run... the rest will go up quite quickly, if the groundwork is completed, like all steel coasters, but I'm assuming this guy will be shocked by that too...

Maybe I've seen too many off season cycles.