What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
I think it'll be a good fit in that it'll be a fun, smooth, inverting coaster. But what they're really crying out for is an intense launching looper IMO. Like, how many B&Ms with steep drops over 200ft does one park need? Cedar Fair really need to kiss and make up with Intamin, or give Mack a call.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I think it'll be a good fit in that it'll be a fun, smooth, inverting coaster. But what they're really crying out for is an intense launching looper IMO. Like, how many B&Ms with steep drops over 200ft does one park need? Cedar Fair really need to kiss and make up with Intamin, or give Mack a call.

I'd actually argue what they need is a modern wooden coaster. They have a looper already (even if it is an arrow and a boomerang).

Matt N

CF Legend
Cedar Fair have good relations with GCI, so one of those similar to Mystic Timbers or Gold Striker would probably work a treat.

Or maybe an RMC.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Cedar Fair have good relations with GCI, so one of those similar to Mystic Timbers or Gold Striker would probably work a treat.

Or maybe an RMC.

would totally agree with this as the current wooden coasters aren't great. A dive coaster is always good though and definitely have the look about them. Canadas Wonderland would be better getting rid of the gruesome twosome in the top corner rather than anything to be fair

Pear

Strata Poster
So we have some theming being added to the tunnel

221dcea037e4172f5643a9888f5c87c0.png

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
As minimal as it may be, theming is still theming. That’s enough to establish what some themes for the ride might or might not be, it’s theming. You wouldn’t see that and expect a sci-fi theme.

Off on a tangent here but I actually love that they took the time to do that because it could have been left as bare concrete. Sure an attraction or area might not exactly be Disney or Universal but simple things like architectural choices, types of rides, or signage/names are plenty to establish a theme in my opinion. Canada’s Wonderland is generally great about this, it’s one of the reasons why the park looks so nice. The coaster itself probably won’t be my cup of tea but I like what they’ve done not just with the dive but the hardware for it as well.

Matt N

CF Legend
I like the wooden look! Gives off a sort of Medieval/Viking vibe! Wonder what other theming we'll get? And what will the name be? (Probably Ziz, come to think of it!) So many things to wonder!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
What a subtle, easy, and effective way to clean up the tunnel while the park is in operation. This area by the lake is qhite beautiful - it's great to see the park keep it that way.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The park have started to tease the coaster revealing that it seemingly will have a Klondike Goldrush theme.

Also means people can finally stop going on about the ridiculous mythological bird Ziz name/theme.