What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'm just not sure of the name "Ziz". I feel if it had a subtitle, (Bad example, but "Ziz: Air Beast") it would sound a lot better. If not, I would think a generic "Phoenix" name would fit it better, because from the pictures I've seen of "Ziz", it always reminds me of a Phoenix.

Matt N

CF Legend
Is there any chance at all this could still be a B&M flyer, as I believe they use the same thick track as a B&M Dive? Also, a flyer would fit much better with the Ziz name due to Ziz apparently being an air beast.

balrog

Mega Poster
This question has already been answered. All 4 across B&M coasters use the same track gauge. Honestly, why wouldn't they ? That would be completely random and uselessly costly.

Plus, nothing, absolutely nothing, points toward a Ziz theme, except shalow fan speculations.

Matt N

CF Legend
This question has already been answered. All 4 across B&M coasters use the same track gauge. Honestly, why wouldn't they ? That would be completely random and uselessly costly.

Plus, nothing, absolutely nothing, points toward a Ziz theme, except shalow fan speculations.
I was only asking because I thought that Flyers had bulkier track, like Dives do.

@Snoo just because you don't like the lineup doesn't mean the park is a ****hole. While it's not the most beautiful park by any means, it's a lot more aesthetically pleasing than most of the North American chain parks.

Maybe you were disappointed, but I think your reaction is a bit extreme. Also, by looking online and seeing their coaster lineup, did you really see a Boomerang, SLC, Wild Mouse, etc and think the creds were going to be good?

I'm glad Wonderland is getting something new, but as many of you know I am not a B&M fan in general so wah. Their coasters are always good but most of them I would rank in the average pile in the grand scheme of the coaster world.

Snoo

The Legend
@Snoo just because you don't like the lineup doesn't mean the park is a :emoji_poop:hole. While it's not the most beautiful park by any means, it's a lot more aesthetically pleasing than most of the North American chain parks.

Maybe you were disappointed, but I think your reaction is a bit extreme. Also, by looking online and seeing their coaster lineup, did you really see a Boomerang, SLC, Wild Mouse, etc and think the creds were going to be good?

I'm glad Wonderland is getting something new, but as many of you know I am not a B&M fan in general so wah. Their coasters are always good but most of them I would rank in the average pile in the grand scheme of the coaster world.

I am a ROLLERCOASTER enthusiast, not a "it looks pretty" enthusiast. If I wanted pretty with no substance, you'd see me at Disney and not driving 8 hours for a park in Canada That being said, the park wasn't a ****hole in that regard as the park was pretty standard for a former Paramount park (not as good as KI but much better then Carowinds IMO). The flats were nice but I'm not much of a flat guy so you didn't see me jump on them.

As far as the coaster lineup beforehand, I knew they wouldn't be great, but it was well below the low bar I set before hand. I thought you'd get a surprise or two out of something but my only surprise was the boomerang being smooth.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I'm just not sure of the name "Ziz". I feel if it had a subtitle, (Bad example, but "Ziz: Air Beast") it would sound a lot better. If not, I would think a generic "Phoenix" name would fit it better, because from the pictures I've seen of "Ziz", it always reminds me of a Phoenix.

It wouldn't be the first ride called Ziz. Although it would be the first one in quite some time :)

Ziz2.png
Ziz1.jpg Ziz3.jpg
http://www.coneyislandhistory.org/collection/page-35-feltmans-ziz
http://www.heartofconeyisland.com/historical-photographs.html

But yes still a crap name :p