What's new

Camelot - Closed for good

Lofty

CF Legend
Again, Knightmare was very mediocre, the psycho drop was good, everything else was dull. It's an ok ride for a **** park such as Camelot, if it went to anywhere else in the UK (apart from Gulliver's), most other parks have better coasters than it in the UK.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I guess it would be pretty cool to have a rotting Schwarzkopf "classic" in your back garden. I can imagine people living on that estate in 5 years time giving directions. "Turn left at Knightmare, go straight past the ride that a kid fell out of in 2012, down the hill and you'll find our house under the third support for the old dragon coaster, number 7 BallThrowingStall Close."

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Still I'd love to ride it, because it has some meaning in coaster world. Although there still is a copy in St. Petersburg

Actually thats a different ride all together from Kure Portopialand. Different layout.
The one at Gronalund is almost a clone of knightmare though.

Mark

Strata Poster
I know the place wasn't the best park in the world. I only ever visited once or twice but I am still a little sad to see it go. It had its quirks and its niche and I liked it for that. Farewell Camelot :-(

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Bit late to the party, mate! We've already lamented about the closure, discussed what rides Lightwater Valley will buy and masturbated over the "classic" Schwarzkopf. I'm all cried and w@nked out.

Mark

Strata Poster
Hahaha. I never did get to ride Knightmare so I can skip the w@nk bit of the party...

Lofty

CF Legend
Don't worry Mark, you didn't miss much. It was a severely over-hyped coaster to be blatantly honest.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Lies.

It's Schwartzkopf, which makes it automatically awesome. It suddenly becomes even more awesome when you talk to people who never got the chance to ride it.

Or

Yeah, it was a bit **** really.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
gavin said:
It's Schwartzkopf, which makes it automatically awesome. It suddenly becomes even more awesome when you talk to people who never got the chance to ride it.
How DARE you spell The Lord's name incorrectly!

There is no t in Schwarzkopf. Durr, I though everybody knew that!

If anybody wants to learn about and rub one out over Schwarzkopf, I updated the page yesterday: http://www.coasterforce.com/coasters/ma ... chwarzkopf

But yeah, Knightmare was only "good" because it was the best coaster there.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
"Turn left at Knightmare, go straight past the ride that a kid fell out of in 2012, down the hill and you'll find our house under the third support for the old dragon coaster, number 7 BallThrowingStall Close."
In one of the (many) things that annoyed me about the place the ball throwing stall was actually called "Rasputin's" - you know Rasputin, the famous knight of King Arthur? Even Boney M were more historically accurate.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The highlight of the ride was definitely that steep twisted drop, but other than that it wasn't that special.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Some of the rides are off to Gullivers, Whirlwind has been sold to a park in Australia, and Knightmare is going... but I don't know where yet.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Is Whirlwind definitely off to Australia? I only ask because rumours are pointing it towards GYPB...