What's new

Camelot - Closed for good

Martyn B

CF Legend
So, apparently, it has been confirmed that the Camelot theme park has closed it's doors for good.

From UKRides:

There have been faint rumours of Camelot not opening again this past week, but it has now been confirmed.

It has been confirmed that the park will not re-open in 2013. The staff have been given 4 weeks notice, all re-opening signs around the area are in the process of being removed.

This has been confirmed by adjacent Park Hall Hotel.

Very very sad news.... Emma and I always had great fun there. Lets hope that Knightmare finds a new home in the UK and that someone snaps up the guys who do the show.

My thoughts go to all the permanent members of staff who this will affect.

Not known at this time what will come of the park.

Lets face it, if it is true, it's been a long time coming.

It is sad, but I hope other UK parks can take advantage by snapping up some of the rides.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Although the guy who posted that news is a reliable source, this 'news' is all to familiar really.

Until there's official confirmation, and I see rides being dismantled, there's every chance it might stay open.

TilenB

Strata Poster
If the park IS closing, what would happen with their Schwarzkopf/Zierer/BHS coaster?

Nic

Strata Poster
WOLF! WOLF!

Yeah, where have we heard this before? Oh well, I've got the creds, and Knightmare is over-rated, so, meh.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Knightmare was alright, the spinner however was dreadful. The diesel coaster however I loved for some unknown reason :?

Otherwise, can't say it's too much of a disappointment.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Nic said:
WOLF! WOLF!

Yeah, where have we heard this before? Oh well, I've got the creds, and Knightmare is over-rated, so, meh.

Still I'd love to ride it, because it has some meaning in coaster world. Although there still is a copy in St. Petersburg

Martyn B

CF Legend
TilySlo said:
If the park IS closing, what would happen with their Schwarzkopf/Zierer/BHS coaster?

It has been mentioned a few times in the last few years that Knightmare already has a new home lined up...

But again, whether that is true or not is anyones guess.

When you actually think about it, there really isn't much at Camelot that I care about. Whirlwind and Knightmare, thats it.

I wouldn't be surprised if most rides ended up down the road at New Pleasureland.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is it really that time of year again?

The reliable source was informed of the closure by somebody from the hotel next to the park. That's not a reliable enough imo.

I'm sure if it is really going to close, I'm sure there would be a song and dance made of it.

Has the longest drawn out death in theme park history finally occurred? We've been promised this many times before so excuse me if I don't bother dusting off my black tie just yet.

T0M

Hyper Poster
It would seem that they have taken the decision not to re-open, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone takes over or we see it open in all its crappiness some other way next year.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Apparently, now that we're out of a recession, the owners are finally going ahead with the housing estate plans.

But like Ian said, until there's concrete evidence, anything can happen.