What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zi

That's quite possibly my favorite train design I've ever seen <3 It looks so close to actually being an authentic car body. Can't wait to see the others!

Not too keen on the Orange but I'm sure the other ones will look great. Are there tires at the back as well?

That does look really good!!

The front really does look like a car. It's now we find out this ride isn't launched but instead Diesel powered! :p

Love the little windscreen frame on the front of the train! XD It actually looks really cute! ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing! Great little gimmick...hopefully won't affect visibility. It wouldn't for me as I'm 6'5" but it could for some of the younger ones.

I'm worried. I'm 5'3'' It will be what it will be though. I'll just have to wait for the front if not.

It's not as if it's a HUGE scream/sound barrier or the Berlin Wall, it's really not a big deal...

Ohhh it's like a Lotus Elite. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

lotus-vehicles-1962-lotus-elite-series-ii-2060631.jpg

A fairly accurate recreation I made to give a feel what the ride will be like. Also includes some of my first ever Custom Scenery Items.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LASyHnO5eSk[/youtube]

Enjoy

^ Good recreation!
Looks like you have put a lot of work into this.

It was a pleasure to watch. Thank you.

I commented on the video, but no reply. Where did you get the catwalks from, or how did you make them?

Great recreation, for some reason, in my head, I didn't imagine it to be THAT short.

To be honest.. it's about as long as Big Bad Wolf was.. and not nearly as epic.

I never got to ride Big Bad Wolf (that's what you get when you visit a park with 3 GP family members who like dark rides) but I saw the POV and it honestly didn't look that epic. It might have been really forceful or something, but I doubt it. I think Verbolten is a perfect replacement for it. It has amazing theming, it has that epic drop at the end, and it has launches. What's not to like?

The think I'm wondering about is the themed bridge. I wonder if they have it up yet. The only thing about that that concerns me is insects. I don't know about you, but it looks like the PERFECT place for a bee/wasp/hornet to build a nest and for people to get stung. I thought that was why the tunnel on Carolina Cyclone was removed, so I'm hoping Verbolten's bridge doesn't meet the same fate.

Coming from the point of view of:
1. Never riding BBW :_(
2. Comparing it to Thirteen

I think it's looking really good. It's not THAT short, the indoor section potentially has a lot going on, and I'm just loving the retro-look cars and the bold colour. It's filling the gap of family friendly with style

I agree with Sue. My only concern with this ride has always been how well it'll fit within the park's wider theme, aura, atmosphere and essence. That said, part of me is quite impressed that they have taken a new and brave direction and gone for something a little more whacky yet realistic than their previous obsession with mythology.

-lofty- said:
Great recreation, for some reason, in my head, I didn't imagine it to be THAT short.

I agree with this. I remember seeing the plans AGES ago, and think this was more like the lenght of Cheetah Hunt, so I was a little disappointed after watching that video. However, it still looks good IMO.