What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zi

So long as he doesnt go on and on about his **** Rattata, we shall be fine ;)

As for the ride...its a ride that shall be interesting, specifically the drop portion in the building. I only say this because when they showed a preview of the drop mechanism in action, it bounces you, kinda like a Frog Hopper, whereas 13 is more like a drop tower, where you get a small unclicking of the mechanism followed by a solid drop. I wonder if they are going to do a solid drop down, or if it will bounce. The bounce may be very weird to feel...

Switching between the hideouts'...

Intricks said:
So long as he doesnt go on and on about his **** Rattata, we shall be fine ;)

As for the ride...its a ride that shall be interesting, specifically the drop portion in the building. I only say this because when they showed a preview of the drop mechanism in action, it bounces you, kinda like a Frog Hopper, whereas 13 is more like a drop tower, where you get a small unclicking of the mechanism followed by a solid drop. I wonder if they are going to do a solid drop down, or if it will bounce. The bounce may be very weird to feel...

Pokemaniac said:
I don't have much to add about Verbolten, but I must say I like this new guy's username.

Also, I have a feeling that this will be one of the best family coasters out there. Kinda like a launched newphew of Lisebergbanan.

Glad To see some fellow members who get the reference.

Back on topic is there better resolution pictures of the Track layout?

Also the drop takes you in the building where you get the first launch?

Pokemaniac said:
Also, I have a feeling that this will be one of the best family coasters out there. Kinda like a launched newphew of Lisebergbanan.

It's like Verbolten is going to be in the top percentage of family coasters

But really, for what it is, I think this coaster will be quite good and hopefully inspire more coaster enthusiasts.

UC said:
Back on topic is there better resolution pictures of the Track layout?

Also the drop takes you in the building where you get the first launch?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but if you're not going to read the topic, you really should learn to search the internet instead of constantly having people do it for you. It's a good skill to have, especially in this hobby.

Do a Google Image search for "Verbolten Busch Gardens" and you'll find plenty.

I did read the topic. I just didn't read it all. I got too sick of the "Why isn't it an Intamin" conversation

I did exactly that. I didn't find any of a resolution I needed. That's why I asked.

As for my other question i did look into finding what i could, but I didn't find it.

HEY UC I KNOW IT'S KINDA LATE BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY...

IT'S NOT INTAMIN, I TOLD YOU SO.

<3

Man I've missed you.

Never mind, I've not missed you. </3

You DID say you'd be surprised if it wasn't Intamin, and argued with me on the "BGW hates Intamin" thing. Which is true. A friend heard it from the horses mouth.

422362_10150506143278315_18543728314_8775607_680232341_n.jpg

(From Busch Gardens Facebook page)

Looks like the last piece of track was installed today. What do you suspect will happen next?

This video has some great shots of the coaster including the indoor section. Also mentions that there will be 5 trains each with a different theme.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnCy8Tz1fe8[/youtube]

Youngster Joey said:
Looks like the last piece of track was installed today. What do you suspect will happen next?

Train installation, build the station, finish the drop section building, electrical and pyrotechnic effects, and then the test runs. They've made a lot of progress.

UC said:

They'll tear it all down and do it again for fun.

Oh. I thought they were going to take the two launch segments put them facing each other, take 2 trains and play hot wheels crash fun >.>

I think it's really odd, but also utterly fantastic, that that video not once mentions the trick track or anything that may happen inside the building. It not once mentions that the ride has any kind of secret or anything. Really want to meet Giles, he seems awesome.

Yes he did seem over excited about the pitiful drop and the fact that the trains will be arriving soon. I think they're trying to keep the drop and the inside section on the down low.

Joey said:
I think it's really odd, but also utterly fantastic, that that video not once mentions the trick track or anything that may happen inside the building. It not once mentions that the ride has any kind of secret or anything. Really want to meet Giles, he seems awesome.

I noticed the same thing. I watched the video twice to see if there was any sight of the Drop track. Nothing there. I guess they want people to be surprised. The average theme park goer (not anyone of here as we are enthusiests and like to know what's what) will likely not know about the vertical drop on Verbolten unless it BG promotes it. As a mechanic itself I think it wouldn't be thrilling. It's more a less a small drop tower. The thing that makes it thrilling (IMO) is that you don't know it's coming, or you may know it's part of the ride but you won't know where.

I have never ridden a coaster with a vertical drop, but to me what makes it Thrilling would be the surprise!

P.S. I hope that was coherent.

Youngster Joey said:
I have never ridden a coaster with a vertical drop, but to me what makes it Thrilling would be the surprise
Has anyone done a vertical drop in a coaster before? And how big is it? Like 30 ft?

^ Please.....for the love of GOD tell me you are being highly sarcastic....if not

Me = facepalm.jpg

Th13rteen....at Alton Towers....

>< gods...

UC said:
I noticed the same thing. I watched the video twice to see if there was any sight of the Drop track. Nothing there. I guess they want people to be surprised. The average theme park goer (not anyone of here as we are enthusiests and like to know what's what) will likely not know about the vertical drop on Verbolten unless it BG promotes it.

Yeah, I noticed that too in the topic about the Legoland coaster with the vertical drop, in the TPR video with the Zierer interview. Zierer had no problem discussing the mechanism when it came to Legoland, but wouldn't say a thing about BGW's coaster, not even acknowledge it has the drop.

As a mechanic itself I think it wouldn't be thrilling. It's more a less a small drop tower. The thing that makes it thrilling (IMO) is that you don't know it's coming, or you may know it's part of the ride but you won't know where.

I have never ridden a coaster with a vertical drop, but to me what makes it Thrilling would be the surprise

I don't quite agree with that. I think the fact it's so unconventional would make it thrilling and appealing to people. Legoland's coaster is the true litmus for that - they're putting the whole thing right out there, not hesitating to talk about it or how it's done to anyone.

That said, I do understand that Legoland's ride (and indeed, the whole park) is aimed specifically for families, so explaining how the whole thing works is likely a better step for that park to take than a park like BGW.

I feel I should clarify a little. It would be thrilling I'm sure, I just can't consider it a hardcore thrill ride junkie level thrill. It is likely about as thrilling as a kids drop tower thats about 20-30 feet. So I guess it might not be thrilling to some on the boards who are all enthusiasts, but It won't be boring by any means.

423772_10150515460293315_18543728314_8802254_1828880609_n.jpg

Is that the vertical drop I spy in the Middle/Bottom right section of the photo?

They haven't mentioned that it's there yet, but This is the first photo you can see it (if it is the drop(The question above was serious as well as meant to prove a point (assuming it is)))

Will BG tell the public what the surprise is or are they going to try to keep it a surprise. I wonder what happens now in terms of publicity for Verbolten

UC said:
^Yes it is the drop, and no it's not the first photo, not even close.

These were posted a while ago (August-October time frame):

Verbolten-Busch-Gardens-Williamsburg-Construction-1024x687.jpg

From Coastercritic.

verbolten_helix_1.jpg

TPR

There are a ton more out there. The drop was one of the first things installed, and they made seemingly no effort to hide it. However, they refuse to publicly comment on its existence (or anything else about the ride, basically).

I know that there are pictures out there of it, but are any of them released officially by BG? That post was directly from their Facebook page. It just fits great with my "the largest thrill of it will be the surprise" theory. lol