What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zi

-lofty- said:
^ To be honest, it wouldn't really add much, simply for the fact that the train would stop, tilt, wait, then move. It'd just kind of be pointless in this situation, whereas drops are completely different, when the "drop" has happened, people are still recovering from it, and don't notice the wait before moving on, I just think for the tilting, it'd not be worthy in the outdoor bridge section.

Why not? If they are putting sound effects in there already, it could be awesome!

The train screeches to a halt, just in time to avoid going off the broken end of the bridge, then the bridge creaks and cracks before drop/tilting, finally as the sound of the "car" going into reverse with peeling tires, the angle is too much and the "car" slides off the broken bridge anyways and into the drop/finale.

Done well, it could be awesome.

Could be...but now it seems like you are giving GBW a Disney budget...I think it would be awesome to have a giant Bigfoot (Yeti) too...oh wait, that costs more than the entire ride. Alright alright, jokes aside, the idea could be great but considering the investment they have already made with the freefall drop and such, I don't think they need to add anything more. If GBW was more of a Universal/Disney type park I could see them going more all-out but what they have done so far actually seems pretty substantial to me.

I guess... Sigh. Maybe if they were still owned by Busch the beverage company.

/wishful thinking

I agree with UC on this. I brought it up because i thought it was worth discussing. If done well it would be great, but if it is not done well it would be like a bad tv show.

Is anyone able to specifically establish the differences between Verbolten and Thirteen's drop?
I know apparently Verbolten is supposed to be more freefall - but does anyone know how each of them works (what makes them different?)

Verbolten is actually a freefall, and it uses a similar system to a drop tower. Whereas Thirteen's drop has like cylinders beneath the track, and when the track does the second drop, they drain of fuel and fill up again really quickly...

I think.

Ethan said:
Verbolten is actually a freefall, and it uses a similar system to a drop tower. Whereas Thirteen's drop has like cylinders beneath the track, and when the track does the second drop, they drain of fuel and fill up again really quickly...

I think.
Yes, but, Thirteen's is actually still a true "Freefall" and not controlled. It's jut because it's got hardware underneath that people are saying it's not...

OK I can give you the answer on how Thirteens drop works.

It is 100% Freefall, when the "fake drop" happens, the track is dropping into the mechanism (which releases for the full drop). The huge hydraulic arm that is below the drop track is only controlled by the hydraulics once the train has dropped to return it to the top of the building.
As with drop towers which have the break fins on, Thirteen also has these positioned down in the pit below the drop section which slows the train down, then the locking pins lock, and the train is boosted backwards.

Hope that makes sense.

*worked on the ride in opening season*

Here ya go!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaAoH09KAfk[/youtube]

Is that Leg Restraints?????

Verbolten_Train_006.JPG

source

http://www.buschgardensnews.com/page/verbolten

Probably just a guard to stop idiots sticking their legs out.

Yes, Martyn is correct. You can see that it's kind of like what B&M do on their new Wing Coasters. It's just a leg guard due to how open the trains are, to prevent **** idiots from sticking they legs out and causing harm.

Well, here's the Restraint system and a couple of other picks taken at Pass Holder day.

426023_388154347863541_100000069369675_1502090_151489650_n.jpg

(Source is on BGW Facebook page)

img_20120317_140116.jpg

The testimony posted along with the pic.

"I actually had a chance to sit in the test seat and I can assure you that it's extremely comfortable. It doesn't look like the highest end coaster seat, but it feels great. Also, the lapbar seems quite forgiving for the chubbier among us."

(source bgwfans.com)

420468_3285979061051_1014891582_33158308_851942076_n.jpg

(Source bgwfans.com Verbolten thread)

According to testimony's on bgwfans.com the restraints are very comfortable. Just a little less comfortable than B&M hypers

I'm getting more intrigued and excited by the day

On a side note, the capacity on this should be pretty fantastic ...
there are FIVE trains .... red, blue, orange, yellow and green .....
And they aren't smaller trains like on Cheetah Hunt or Maverick ...
they're nice and long :)

and by the way, they look absolutely awesome!

edit: I correct myself, each train holds 16 people (8 rows of 2) - which is the same as Cheetah Hunt (4 cars of 4)
Even still, 5 trains is alot ....

I updated my last post with a new picture of the restraints and a direct quote from someone who sat in it.

^ Nice little video, I didn't realize the 5 trains where different, nice little touch. I have to admit the trains do look really nice.

I didn't realise they had the now popular On-Ride Videos. I like this touch, it shows airtime and the effects on the riders a lot better than POV's.