What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

mouse

Giga Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

^ I believe some CFers with inside knowledge have somewhat confirmed them to be accurate.

Gazza

Giga Poster

ATI said:
No there was a "high dive" before the break run. What the heck is a high dive?
High Dive is the term Mack use for a Stengel Dive

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

This is a bit off topic, but if they removed Infusion and big dipper (it's past its prime), they could build an out and back b&m invert, and then put a bunch of turns and 2 corkscrews where Infusion is located. That would be cool and it would be the next major coaster after project 2018 in like 10 years time...

Sandman

Giga Poster

I actually heard Amanda T is looking for an out and back invert in 2022.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

Firstly, it's highly unlikely PB would ever be able to buy a huge B&M like what you're suggesting.

Secondly, Big Dipper is still a popular family thrill ride, and Infusion is a popular thrill ride. It would be a stupid move to remove two popular rides to be replaced by one that doesn't need all that space.

Thirdly, Big Dipper is an icon of the Pleasure Beach. It's an icon like the Big One and Valhalla.

Finally, replacing an invert with an invert, no matter how better, is a stupid move in terms of marketing and attracting crowds. Most non enthusiasts who visit the Pleasure Beach probably think the only difference between Infusion and Nemesis is that one is over water and blue. The general public don't know the difference between a B&M invert and a vekoma SLC, so it would be pointless replacing one with the other.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

If they can afford a large Mack multi launch that will probably cost around £20 million, then why can't they afford an invert in 5-10 years time? Big dipper may be an ICON but it isn't going to be there forever. Infusion never has much of a line when I go to the pleasure beach, it is always a station queue. B&M inverts are a lot more popular, especially the newer ones. Amanda wants the pleasure beach to be the Liseberg of the UK, and Liseberg are rumored to get a B&M invert in 2018, so I think it is quite likely to happen at some point.

Last edited:

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

ATI said:
If they can afford a large Mack multi launch that will probably cost around £20 million, then why can't they afford an invert in 5-10 years time? Big dipper may be an icon, but it isn't going to be there forever. Infusion never has much of a line when I go to the pleasure beach, it is always a station queue. B&M inverts are a lot more popular, especially the newer ones. Amanda wants the pleasure beach to be the Liseberg of the UK, and Liseberg are rumored to get a B&M invert in 2018, so I think it is quite likely to happen at some point.
Will you please just shut up...
For real. Your posts are draining me!

It's nothing about them not being able to afford one, what they probably can't anyway. The point is it would be completely impractical to build one, wouldn't make any sense what so ever. Your only reasoning behind it is because a park in Sweden what has nothing to do with them is rumored to be building one...
At first I didn't mind your constant topics and strange posts but now your just annoying me!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Oh piss off! My reasoning is not because Liseberg may be getting one, it is because Infusion is utter ****! Also, would you not like b&m inverts? Do you prefer Vekoma SLCs? If that's the case, you need your head sorting out mate.

Smithy

Strata Poster

It's not about liking it it's about grown up, real world things such as finances, planning, logistics, that clearly you don't seem to understand.

mouse

Giga Poster

YOU LIKING B&M INVERTS DOESN'T MAKE IT 'HIGHLY LIKELY' THAT PBB WILL GET ONE.

THE PARK, AND THE COASTER INDUSTRY, DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCES.

AMANDA THOMPSON DOES NOT CARE WHETHER YOU LIKE INFUSION OR NOT, IT IS A DRAW FOR VISITORS, AS IS BIG DIPPER. THEY WILL NOT BE SCRAPPED FOR AN INVERT.

MY CAPS LOCK IS NOT BROKEN, THE CAPITAL LETTERS ARE INTENTIONAL.
YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS HAD ME FACE-PALMING, NOW I'M FULL SMACKING MY HEAD WITH A SHOVEL.
PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST IN THE FUTURE, BEFORE I DO SOME SERIOUS DAMAGE.

Temleh

Mega Poster

To end this right here, right now:

Project 2018 has a hardware budget of £15Million.
The only other thing on the drawing board is a thrill-flat ride manufactured by Zamperla.

Coaster

Mega Poster

ATI said:
This is a bit off topic, but if they removed Infusion and big dipper (it's past its prime), they could build an out and back b&m invert, and then put a bunch of turns and 2 corkscrews where Infusion is located. That would be cool and it would be the next major coaster after project 2018 in like 10 years time...
Big Dipper's past its prime? You must have been riding a different Big Dipper to me, as the one at BPB has been running fantastically this year, and it's still one of the more popular rides at the park gaining long queues despite running two trains with a decent throughput.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

I've gone off it, after it was making some weird noises on the lift hill, I seriously do not think it is safe to operate, especially the wild mouse. by the way, I only live an hour away, it is my home park, so yes, we are talking about the same big dipper.

Coaster

Mega Poster

ATI said:
I've gone off it, after it was making some weird noises on the lift hill, I seriously do not think it is safe to operate, especially the wild mouse. by the way, I only live an hour away, it is my home park, so yes, we are talking about the same big dipper.
Big Dipper and Wild Mouse are perfectly safe, they pass safety checks just like any other coaster.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Temleh said:
To end this right here, right now:

Project 2018 has a hardware budget of £15Million.
The only other thing on the drawing board is a thrill-flat ride manufactured by Zamperla.

Oh my god, Pleasure Beach have are considering installing an Air Race?! Nice! That would be a really good fit. Can't think where they'd fit it in, but yeah that'd be nice.

But yeah about the whole B&M thing, I doubt they'd install that. Outside of the coaster community a lot of people do love Infusion. God knows why, but it's a sad fact that the general public have zero taste. Likewise, whilst Big Dipper is certainly not one of the best wooden coasters out there (it's not even the best in the park) but it still provides good rides and is consistently busy. It's not going anywhere. I just don't see a B&M happening, it's not like there are invert models that are compact enough to fit that outlined space anyway. Also ontop of that isn't the Big Dipper protected by some Historical Landmark thing?

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster

ATI said:

Where did you learn about rollercoaster safety? The Vicky Balch school for rollercoaster safety experts?

Can you please stop commenting unless you've used at least one brain cell to create a response?

Lofty

CF Legend

Ok. ATI is definitely some form of satirical character, or someone dropped on their head as a child.