What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

CoastinBear said:
Temleh said:
'www.project2018.co.uk' has been registered by Alexander Pechkarev, Pleasure Beach's Web Manager. Site isn't live yet.

Isn't Alexander one of the jugglers from Eclipse?

He was, also featured a lot in the show that followed it, Forbidden.

He moved to their offices after all the shows got axed at the start of 2009.

Temleh

Mega Poster

Going by various ground markings and my own knowledge of this attraction; the queue-line, exit pathway and shop should look like this:

Wp4W37R.png

Overview

PC5c5Uf.png

Station Layout

tzI7nra.png

Entrance Plaza / Shop

Smithy

Strata Poster

Oooh, so there could be some sort of fancy glass floor in the shop too for the track to go under.

Temleh

Mega Poster

Smithy said:
Oooh, so there could be some sort of fancy glass floor in the shop too for the track to go under.

As cool as that could be, I wouldn't get your hopes up I'm afraid!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Temleh said:
'www.project2018.co.uk' has been registered by Alexander Pechkarev, Pleasure Beach's Web Manager. Site isn't live yet.

RX7fB6E.jpg

Okay, since this has been discovered, he can't really keep it a secret much longer. I expect all information will be announced in September.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

ATI said:
Smithy said:

Not gonna happen...

I'd expect you to be a little more optimistic :wink:

ATI said:
Temleh said:

RX7fB6E.jpg

Okay, since this has been discovered, he can't really keep it a secret much longer. I expect all information will be announced in September.

What has been revealed about the ride itself we didn't know before? All this has shown is that a website is being set up for Project 2018, which we already knew existed. Pretty sure this secret could be kept for a while longer.

Coaster

Mega Poster

ATI said:
How do people reckon the ride will be on the throughput side of things?
I would hope for three trains given that most Mack launch coasters seem to run three or more, and with two launches that should be possible.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

I agree with 3 trains, as it has the same number of block sections as Helix looking at the plans. 3 x 20 = 60 riders. I would think it would have a throughput between 1200 and 1500 pph.

Temleh

Mega Poster

ATI said:
I agree with 3 trains, as it has the same number of block sections as Helix looking at the plans. 3 x 20 = 60 riders. I would think it would have a throughput between 1200 and 1500 pph.

What makes you presume each train is five cars long? ;)

Robbie

Hyper Poster

As it's Blackpool I expect the ride will open at Noon with one train, add a second train around 2.30pm then go back to one around 5pm (assuming the park isn't shut then).

rob666

Hyper Poster

No, it wont open at all because there is a breeze above 20 miles per hour.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

ATI said:
This will probably be the only good ride in the park when it opens...

Umm valhalla would like a word with you...

Ha in all seriousness I think the park allready has a great line-up. Valhalla, Sky Force, Wild Mouse, Revolution and Nash are all fantastic rides in my opinion. This will just be another great addition to the line-up. They really do need to get a good drop tower though, that's something sorely missing from the park. Ice Blast is pure trash.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Ahh forgot about Valhalla.

I like ice blast, but an Intamin drop tower would be way better.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

How do we know that those plans are legit? Who submitted them in the first place?