What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

I have changed my tune because it's now a constant bombardment of posts that make no sense and appear to have no thought behind them whatsoever?

Temleh

Mega Poster

Some updates:

UTq1uCC.jpg

Ground testing is ongoing around the Go-Karts area.

MRSFtdi.jpg

The area behind the Turtle Chase site has been completed excavated, leaving the walls of the Pleasure Beach Express tunnel exposed.

oi25f2U.jpg

Clearer view.

PibLp4b.jpg

The fibreglass turtles have reappeared now the ground is prepared.

mF7AGiD.jpg

DUMkFQ7.jpg

Finally, the Tom Sawyer lake area is being tidied up.

mouse

Giga Poster

Will this be ducking through Big One's and any of the woodie's support structures? Because that would be amazing...

Temleh

Mega Poster

Yes. The layout features a lot of moments where it crosses over and passes through existing attractions. An early part of the ride features major ejector airtime immediately followed by potentially one of the best head choppers of all time.

Scott88

Hyper Poster

I'm not sure if Matt has spotted these already, so apologies if that's the case, but are we seeing the first signs of where the ride exit shop is going to be?

By the game stalls next to where Turtle Chase used to be, there is clear markings for 'exit shop' in several places and other markers nearby which I don't remember seeing on my visit before yesterday.

DSC00645_zpsbpocnyvo.jpg

DSC00644_zpswe6sb9sm.jpg

DSC00643_zpsvy3p4rni.jpg

DSC00641_zpsjselcowo.jpg

DSC00638_zpshauis7e5.jpg

DSC00637_zpsiggxl67v.jpg

DSC00634_zpssd2e6plq.jpg

DSC00629_zpscf7hn1ng.jpg

Temleh

Mega Poster

Out-scooped me Scott, well done! ;)

This is going to be one interesting off-season...!

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

The placement of the exit shop marker makes it seem unlikely that the ride will use the Grand Prix space and station. Why would the exit be so far away from the entrance, which isn't at a dead end or out the way like the Infusion station?

Scott88

Hyper Poster

More photos (I forgot these earlier); ride station, launch sub stations and transfer track/maintenance shed?

DSC00624_zpsc4fwcmwe.jpg

DSC00627_zpswi9pjvuw.jpg

DSC00573_zpswgpxwgta.jpg

DSC00572_zpsboiauax8.jpg

DSC00571_zpse5ilusay.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Lofty said:
I have changed my tune because it's now a constant bombardment of posts that make no sense and appear to have no thought behind them whatsoever?

Actually I do think about my posts, if you think I'm going anywhere anytime soon, I think you're wrong. I'm staying right here whether you like it or not :)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

ATI said:
Lofty said:

Actually I do think about my posts, if you think I'm going anywhere anytime soon, I think you're wrong. I'm staying right here whether you like it or not :)
Nobody is bothered that your staying, it's actually good that the site has another member who is willing to post a lot. What people have a problem with is the lack of thought behind most of your posts and the strange statements you seem to make now and again.

Don't see this a personal attack because it really isn't.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ At the top of the page under the banner there's a 'View Your Posts' button, click that and you're all set!

To people that have seen the plans (I haven't, sadly), did it give an indication of what colour the coaster will be? Will be interesting to see how it blends/clashes with the other rides around it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

To find plans - go on Google, type in Blackpool Pleasure Beach Project 2018, go on images, and it is one of the first ones you see ;)

Temleh

Mega Poster

'www.project2018.co.uk' has been registered by Alexander Pechkarev, Pleasure Beach's Web Manager. Site isn't live yet.

RX7fB6E.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster

ATI said:
To find plans - go on Google, type in Blackpool Pleasure Beach Project 2018, go on images, and it is one of the first ones you see ;)

A white line drawn onto a Google Maps screenshot isn't "plans", honey.

Sandman

Giga Poster

^ I was going to say, you're proper on the ball with this one, Temleh!

I know progress isn't very advanced at this stage of the game, but it is quite refreshing to be seeing this kind of prep done at BPB. Honestly didn't see a coaster coming to this park any time soon. Can't wait till sheet gets real!

CoastinBear

Roller Poster

Temleh said:
'www.project2018.co.uk' has been registered by Alexander Pechkarev, Pleasure Beach's Web Manager. Site isn't live yet.

Isn't Alexander one of the jugglers from Eclipse?