What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

BBooth2

Roller Poster
Considering the pre-booked slots are 9-10, is the general consensus that there'll probably be soft opening from 10 onwards this week? Far too tempted to sack off Uni work and make the hour drive tomorrow.
I will be very annoyed if a soft opening happens, would render the VIP pass's useless if I get off it and the public can get on after me. And I will be asking for money back.

Come to think of it, if the public get on it before me with my VIP pass I will come down on Blackpool like the crushing of a thousand waves

Ethan

Strata Poster
I will be very annoyed if a soft opening happens, would render the VIP pass's useless if I get off it and the public can get on after me. And I will be asking for money back.

Come to think of it, if the public get on it before me with my VIP pass I will come down on Blackpool like the crushing of a thousand waves

Don't you have any hobbies? I hear crochet is delightful.

Definitely not looking forward to the inevitable Sanbrooke vlog with footage of him getting chubbed over every mundane detail.

James F

Hyper Poster
I will down at blackpool on monday, but I probably won't be going into the park, but if the ride soft opens, then I might be tempted, as I am going on opening day as well. I can understand and agree with people who have got boarding passes if the ride soft opens anyway. Good for me, but bad for most of you if that happens.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

BBooth2

Roller Poster
Don't you have any hobbies? I hear crochet is delightful.

Definitely not looking forward to the inevitable Sanbrooke vlog with footage of him getting chubbed over every mundane detail.
I have plenty of exciting hobbies, but loosing money isn't my favourite ill be honest.
Just think it will be a kick in the teeth to all those who paid to ride it first?
The sanbrooke video is to be expected...

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

The VIP pass was to guarantee a ride on Icon on selected dates before the park opens. The public wouldn't be allowed on Icon before the park opens, so even if soft openings happen, you'll still get what you paid for.

VIP Pass holders get a guaranteed ride on Icon before the park opens.
The public do not have any guarantee at all that they will be able to ride Icon, or if a soft opening will happen, and will definitely not be able to do so before the park opens.

Soft openings do not make the VIP pass pointless at all, because a soft opening would not be publicly guaranteed. What the VIP pass does is GUARANTEE you a ride before the official opening on the 25th, which it still does wether there are soft openings or not.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm actually under the impression that some people felt underwhelmed.

But Sanbrooke reckons it's the best ride in the UK, so I'm staying hopeful. Less than 2 weeks till I ride.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I'm actually under the impression that some people felt underwhelmed.

But Sanbrooke reckons it's the best ride in the UK, so I'm staying hopeful. Less than 2 weeks till I ride.

I rode it today, i'd write up a review later, but imo it's perhaps not the best in the uk, (although i did get on film saying that haha, i was caught in the moment) it's super super fun with some great air-time, but it kinda dies right by the end, and its lacking on the intensity. Maybe it will warm up.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I rode it today, i'd write up a review later, but imo it's perhaps not the best in the uk, (although i did get on film saying that haha, i was caught in the moment) it's super super fun with some great air-time, but it kinda dies right by the end, and its lacking on the intensity. Maybe it will warm up.
I disagree, for me it delivered a great ride right up until the very end.

It's not going to be the world's most intense ride, Mack coasters never are, but it's smooth, has great airtime even in places where you wouldn't expect, the near misses are excellent also.

The transition into the Big Dipper Hi-five had a great unexpected pop of air!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I also expect reviews to be overwhelming positive today given those who are riding paid £25 for the privilege to do so. Even if it's bad, they'll convince themselves it's good to justify paying so much for a cred.

But yeah, it'll still be a good ride. I expect a few disappointed people though - given how much this has been hyped up, people are almost setting themselves up to be letdown.