What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Robbie

Hyper Poster
The whois for the competition is a social media agency, so they've probably overblown the claim without thinking about it, without BPB say so. Maybe? I don't know, but it seems odd that their in-house stuff is consistent and the one bit from outside PBB is different
From a tender they put out about a year ago they've hired an agency to do all the Icon stuff. I'm not entirely sure it's working out well for them!

Will

Strata Poster
The Thompson's have been talking about Icon being the "World's best roller coaster", I don't know how they'd go about that with advertisements.
Holiday Park did that with EGF for quite a while and their only source (I think) was the Mitch Hawker poll?
If there was an IMDB rating type thing for coasters, Icon would probably be VERY high up for the rest of this year.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hang on a minute... World's first?!

41432406744_bc8db97c6a_b.jpg

https://winiconride.co.uk/

Have they never heard of Helix, Manta, Full Throttle etc? A complete and utter false claim, much worse than anything Alton have done!
Let's not even forget Irn Bru Revolution... literally within the same park. :p

Am I the only one that missed the apparently Asian theme to this ride? Like, could BPB have done a worse job in marketing this roller coaster?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
If there was an IMDB rating type thing for coasters, Icon would probably be VERY high up for the rest of this year.

You mean like how Avengers: Infinity War is currently rated on IMDB as a better movie than One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and Goodfellas, that kinda thing? o_O

Sandman

Giga Poster
Bugger. It was shared in a closed group so that may be why. Just imagine another Icon testing video with additional screams ;)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Let's not even forget Irn Bru Revolution... literally within the same park. :p

Am I the only one that missed the apparently Asian theme to this ride? Like, could BPB have done a worse job in marketing this roller coaster?
Don’t they also claim that Big One is the tallest coaster in Europe as well? Heard that a few places I believe.

So excited to see reviews flying out of this thing, the layout looks great and the fact that it’s in such close quarters with other coasters should provide some great visuals. Not a fan of the theme, it reminds me of the types of graphics used to sell action figures to 8 year-old boys, but the layout should more than make up for that.

Lofty

CF Legend
No, the claim was mainly on an audio file played in the station that said "The tallest and steepest coaster in Europe". That was since been removed as far as I remember.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Considering the pre-booked slots are 9-10, is the general consensus that there'll probably be soft opening from 10 onwards this week? Far too tempted to sack off Uni work and make the hour drive tomorrow.